1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Inclusion of site in Web Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ratish, Jun 11, 2008.

Friends

I have created a site

http://www.a2zlearning.org

I want to get it incuded in directories but I do not know How and where should I do it. If any one can suggest me I would be highly obliged

with regards

ratish

ratish, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Download roboform or get a form filler plugin for firefox. Find a good directory list and start submitting away. :) There are quite a few directory lists posted in this thread.

Make sure you have done your keyword research and know which keywords will bring traffic. Include those keywords in your submission title.

Make sure you change your title, description, etc. often. It looks more natural that way. If your site is about cars, your title could be used cars, new cars, damaged cars, etc. Cars is in every title, but it is randomized and helps you rank for the other terms.

Good luck :)

snowbird, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not have the time, or would prefer some outside help you could go for a directory submission service, but would caution against the many unkowns, look up mikey1090 here on the forums, been in the game a long while and now offers this service as one of many options.

DownUnder, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  4. JohnChan80

JohnChan80 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can submit through mine :cool:

JohnChan80, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ratish: You can start with free directories and if you want to go for a major campaign submit to paid directories too.

Snowbird already gave a very good reference for finding all the popular (and upcoming) directory lists.

jitendraag, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Check some directory lists. Find a relevant category and submit your site. Simple really.

Check the DP announcements forum for some new directories.

mikey1090, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you just need to started off with some free directory submissions, may i offer advice to get approved although not essential?

Make your meta info non capitals, maybe remove all those words at the bottom of your homepage.

And you just submit through the form on each directory.

Why the angry face? :)

pipes, Jun 12, 2008 IP
    snowbird, mcfox and jitendraag like this.
  8. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a bunch of free directory lists out there. Just start with one of them and pound through a few listings every day. Build a list of keywords and then mix up your submissions with variations of those keywords. You'll start seeing some results within 4 to 6 months.

freelistfool, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  9. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may look at getting rid of those crap old school "Your the 123,456,789 visitor - You win" type rubbish, it just makes it tacky and i suppose many would accept the site but not me.

DownUnder, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  10. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Try our automatic directory submission service: Cheap Submission to Thousands of Directories in Minutes - Only $6.95. The tool will submit your website to 1000+ directories in around 1 hour. It's only $6.95, and you will save around $4.95 and 5 days work.

It's an online live tool. After the successfully paid, it will start the submission process, and you will watch the tool submit to the directories one by one, together with the categories submitted to and submission status. More information, please visit our website and read the FAQs.

hhheng, Jun 12, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.