1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutts on PageRank Sculpting - "It's not worth the effort."

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dan Schulz, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaysonnhs

Jaysonnhs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I hear the experts saying this a lot but I never really got what a lot of time means - how long does it take to throw the nofollow attribute on a few links?

Do that many people build that many pages that aren't helpful for ranking?

I've wasted more time reading about not sculpting PR than I have on sculpting my site's PR - that was a great post about SMX though

Jaysonnhs, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    Dan Schulz likes this.
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even though the site may rank number 1 for its own name, having those extra Sitelinks is a plus.

Not that this is a concern for me personally, but I do know businesses that closely monitor their search terms. If their Sitelinks started dropping off their listing(s), they would likely question the person/company handling their SEO.

snowbird, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    I go through all articles and resources given in matt's blog and it was really something what i already know. but i got some more confidence about my working style as i feel that i m going on right way. i have download that PDF file provided by Google h00p://www(dot)google(dot)co(dot)uk/intl/en/press/files/webmaster-guide-en.pdf
    very basic but very useful information.
    I found this paragraph very catchy
    Site owners often ask us about the best ways to increase the visibility and ranking of their sites in our search results. Our simple answer is, ‘Think like a user, because that’s how we try to think.'

nice informative post, thanks for sharing

jg_abad, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  4. Chris Guthrie

Chris Guthrie Active Member

Best Answers:
    My post is referring to the primary focus of the thread.

"It's not worth the effort" to page rank sculpt. I'm saying that I understand why he's saying it's much better to just build a sweet site that people want to link to rather than the opposite.

I'm saying most people try to cut corners to get there instead.

See what I'm saying now?

Chris Guthrie, Jun 12, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.