1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP is full of rubbish!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by altyfc, Jun 11, 2008.

OK, now I got your attention... :D

Seriously, everything is too cheap around here. People are submitting to 1 million search engines for $5. People are offering forum posting services at $0.05 a post. People are selling entire sites (low quality, mind) for $10. Members are attempting to sell domains that, in all honesty, are worthless and ought to be left to expire. They are actively selling links on PR2 (and below!) sites.

There's too much quantity and not enough quality, IMO. The quality of the posts is low. Grammar is poor (I'm not claiming mine is perfect). There are too many "PM me" posts, and too many one-liners. People reply to questions that already have a perfectly adequate reply (stating the same thing). People are obsessed with Alexa, Google PR, META tags and the like.

I could go on... :)

I must stress that, despite the subject line, this isn't a dig at DP. This site has some great resources on it, but I feel that over the years the forums have, to some extent, been the victim of their own success.

What do you think?

altyfc, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well this post is really productive. I don't see any problem with DP.

terminator69, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. Digital_Designer

Digital_Designer Banned

Best Answers:
    DP takes care of these things very seriously and Post like "PM Sent" get infraction ;)

Digital_Designer, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  4. pcshop899

pcshop899 Peon

Best Answers:
    this thread has some weight but still DP rocks !!

pcshop899, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  5. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some promotions are highly exaggerated, such as the one you said "People are submitting to 1 million search engines for $5." There are always absurd and useless offers in big markets, you make right choices and make your way to the top doing so, it is not any different here either.

LeoSeo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  6. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I do agree than Buy,Sell,Trade has some cheap low quality Dp'ers offering services but before coming to any conclusion

Go and see threads like Proxy Discussion thread .. where you can learn a lot..

Freewebspace, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    bangalore likes this.
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When a forum becomes popular of course it will face these problems. Just ignore what doesn't interest you.

dcristo, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  8. Kyliemeg

Kyliemeg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of your post, DP has been very helpful in many ways to me. Most of the members here are very helpful to each other.

Kyliemeg, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  9. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is here not just prepared for highly experienced webmasters. And DP is just a platform for webmasters to exchange experience or BST, it doesn't matter if one is trying to Google for $10, it's his loss that's all. No offense btw.

locomotion, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  10. ZeroCapacity

ZeroCapacity Peon

Best Answers:
    OK OK

Here is the deal, dp is not tailored to any one webmaster related department. They cover all from the big to the small. If you squash the small or what you deem rubbish then the big things will not have the backbone needed. Dp would strangle and eventually die.

Alot of people can not afford to use the big boys. I understand this as I was once there also. The $5 submissions are needed no matter what someone else says. Who are you to put a price tag on someone else's work? If they wish to work for the little pay and do a good job then they have that right.

Dp does not set prices nor should they. The market is what the market is. If you do not wish to use cheap services then by all means do not. In the same turn do not run someone else down because they do or run the person down doing the work.

This is a global marketplace not just a U.S. one. What seems to be rubbish to you may buy someone a full days of meals. Also being a global marketplace means some others English may not be the best. So what? Who cares? As long as they get their point across that is what matters.

Yes there is alot of information and services here. What YOU need to decide is whether or not you like something regardless of price. Just because something is on the cheaper side does not make it a bad thing. Remember the best things in life are free.

ZeroCapacity, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  11. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    The original OP sounds like he may not like a free market economy that controls it's self. Why not get like the "big boys" and have everyone's thread be paid for by each original OP and then let's see if any good offers or things that may be for those with not so large pockets.

SFOD_D223, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, DP offered freedom that has gotten abused.

Blogmaster, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  13. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    There is freedom of choice, you can choose not to buy the $5 per million or billion submissions. A lot of times, common sense needs to be exercised, which is not very common. For the PMs and 1 liners, these are already being taken care of by the mods. If you spot any of these, just report them.

wisdomtool, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  14. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any popular forum is bound to be besieged by activities as listed out by you but imo, I feel still dp is great:)

dairyman, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  15. SuperNovaArcade

SuperNovaArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously, I can't believe I just spent 15 minutes of my life reading this. One part of me wants to laugh at this thread, the other part wants to be mad for wasting time.

DP is perfectly fine.

SuperNovaArcade, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  16. bob50963

bob50963 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone is here to make a buck and learn thats what life is about. Grammar will be different no matter where you go. DP has people from all over the world. If it wasn't for us small timers DP wouldn't exist or would be a very small forum. Not all of us have a lot of $$$.

bob50963, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The problem really is that there is not one section where only serious people can go.

Blogmaster, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  18. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think there are lots of people continue joining DP?
    it's because DP Forums is really helpful to all of us. A great place to share and learn. These kind of problems are normal in a huge size forums site like DP. DP Forums still ROCKS! ;)

JessieJames27, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  19. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is a good place for me,I got many suggestions from nice DPers here.

SEOBusiness, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  20. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then give me all your possessions. What's that? They're yours? But you just said the best things in life are free.

Of course, generally speaking, the cheaper a service or product is the less quality went into it. If you believe otherwise then you're naive. The world is filled with countless examples of this kind of thing.

chant, Jun 11, 2008 IP