1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

win xp oem version install question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arcanus, Jun 11, 2008.

Hi!
    I recently purchased xp for my boyfriend,sent it up to him and then told me that a friend of his said you cant install xp without drivers.
    I can't find anything definitive online.

I purchased xp professional oem edition service pack 2.

I have previously reinstalled xp home on my laptop with the included system disks. That was a breeze. Surely you dont need basic drivers to install a fresh clean install?

His computer is a HP compaq presario vt5000,if that helps.
    I'm aware that oem is for system builders,but it cant be that hard to install right?

Can anyone clarify this please?
    and what drivers are needed? and please point me in the direction of instructions on net?

thanks,
    arcanus

Arcanus, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long you have the XP cd, then you can install XP in your pc/laptop regardless any lacking of drivers. Driver cds are needed after the installation to make some drivers working :)

locomotion, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  3. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Makes sense. I'll question my boyfriend again to find out exactly what drivers he'll be getting from this mate of his.After all the problems he's had from listening to the wrong people..(his computer literacy is average).

Arcanus, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  4. BlastLTD

BlastLTD Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you will have internet connection after the installation of the cd, you'll be able to download the drivers with no problem:)

BlastLTD, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  5. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks.
    Yep he's got bigpond next g wireless. Hopefully he can remember how i set it that up LOL
    I'm assuming the drivers will be at microsoft and HP depending on what he needs.

rep+ for both of you,for your help.

cheers,
    arcanus

Arcanus, Jun 11, 2008 IP