1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding the WebHosting Section.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by godsofchaos, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Greetings moderators and admins alike,

Been a Dpaddict for a while now. I do deal in the web hosting offers and services part forum quite a bit these days. Been noticing a lotta peeps fighting and attacking each other in almost unbelievable ways! If this happened in any other part of the forum then I am sure all of them would be banned by now.

The pity of it all is that the forum "seniors" does this the most. Say if we have one senior guy offering VPS called X, one offering shared called Y, one offering a reseller called Z.... and a new shared hosting offer comes up from a newbie called A, the guy offering VPS or X and the guy offering reseller or Z simply teams up and ruins the thread saying that they are interested to buy hosting from the newbie and saying for things like "How can you offer these at such low prices, you must be a scammer!!" or just a little ..."heh, another overseller tsk tsk tsk... I know Y and he is much better" and things like that ya know.

Apparently, thats not all that goes through. If one person looks for a shared host, and the person Y don't meet up his expectations then all the other "team members" apparently PMs each other and tells not to accept hosting from the guy who needs hosting or trash his thread giving VPS offers even though the guy looking for shared hosting strictly told everyone that dont post vps offers or anything thats not relevant to his needs.

This wouldn't matter if they were just three or four! Because they are all senior members they always seem to be a silent threat to the newbies and anyone who doesn't help them or join with them in this "pact", becomes their enemy. This goes both for clients and competitors alike. As a result, other people wouldn't host someone cause the other senior member have his eyes on this new client.

My questions are, is this fair for one hosting company to ruin someone else's hosting offer?

If they are doing it as a social service, then don't you think that they are undermining the clients capability to choose the right offer for himself/herself?

If they are trashing each others thread so that no one gets scammed and not for their own benefit, then aren't they taking actions that's uncalled for as the person who actually needs the hosting have the capability to understand who is a scammer and who's not? They even can mark the scammer person with a negative itrader after all as well.

Cant there be a special set of requirements from your side so that people who offers hosting have to go by a set of rules, like publicly exposing info of server specs, if they own the server or not, server usage limit for a client and etc? I know that BST have their own issues, but the webhosting area is really all over the place on one another.

Isn't it kind of spamming when everyone who offers hosting, keeps on opening threads after threads with almost the same offers everyday to get clients? Cant there be any restriction set on the number of hosting offers they can display for a period of time with new threads??

I know that you can't stop a gang forming within such a huge forum and from behind the curtains, but if one who is looking for a new host cannot get the honest offers, then what is the use of a dedicated hosting section after all?

Is there any hope for a fair judgment on this issue?

godsofchaos, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After all a comment is still a comment, who can take control of what one intend to speak?

locomotion, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  3. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you see trash talk going on, its best to just use the report post function [​IMG] and report it to a moderator.

sawz, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Oh, the guys you speak of still receive infractions if appropriate (if it's who I'm thinking of) but, imo they are also very good at nailing the so-called 'hosts' who will take your money and fold after a few weeks or those who cannot possibly deliver what they are promising. I've also seen them step in and rescue customers who have been left stranded by the disappearance of the 'host', often setting them up free of charge just to get them out of a jam.

Having said that, sawz is absolutely correct - if you see something against the rules, report it. Mods won't always agree but it will be looked at.
    :)

mcfox, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    We do notice, and we do give infractions and delete more threads than you notice (because you can't see them!). I was just in there yesterday cleaning up a lot of this kind of garbage from one thread in particular b/c of reports. As others have told you, use the report post button. If the mod reviewing it feels it's hijacking, they'll deal with it.

jhmattern, Jun 11, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.