1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to earn money with a site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by skyfe, Jun 10, 2008.

Hi,

I've always been wondering what's the "best" way to earn money with a (own) site! Should I be aiming on lots of traffic (so for example a site where people get services for free) and then put adsense on it, to earn money with it? Or should I be aiming on a site where I offer people services for moeny, but without adsense? Which way is the most effective for creating real money?

Thanks in advanced,

Skyfe.

skyfe, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  2. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would offer a free service with adsense, This way wont generate you alot of cash as you need huge amounts of traffic for adsnese. Buitif you offer something free then people are allways going to visit your site ;)

HydroJohn, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  3. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way IMO is to construct a site based around a personal interest and generate adsense revenue or affiliate revenue around that.

Too many people try to aim for high-paying adsense, or fields where affiliate commissions might be high, without actually having a personal interest in the topic area.

altyfc, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  4. skyfe

skyfe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks a lot guys, I think I'll go make a site offering free services (or anything else, just for free) with adsense on it. Though, I still have to decide whether I'd make a site offering services or anything like that (for example free traffic e.g.) or a site offering free content (tutorials & other info). Think I'll go for the first, since I already have some site (blog to be specific/exact) with info, tutorials. guides.

Btw, what would be the possible (most usual) adsense income for my site if it'd get about 100.000 hits per day (for example)

skyfe, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I earn more from my lower traffic sites than i do my from my higher traffic sites where i run ads, the click through rate is higher nearly always, a lot of poor traffic wont help, but just the right traffic and content is nice.

I have a blog that often has a 100% ctr rate half of the day.

pipes, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  6. skyfe

skyfe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah that's nice, but I'm actually, now that I though about it again, still in doubt about if I'll either create a real-business site providing big services (but with fees/costs, for example) or just a little-business site providing services for free with adsense... Could you give me some possible earnings with a niche site using adsense? (the (probbably) "highest" earnings I could get of it with a popular site)

skyfe, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. coder999

coder999 Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have enough traffic there are no problem how's earning :(

coder999, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  8. MidnightFusion

MidnightFusion Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't limit yourself to focusing on just one method of revenue. If you want to create "real money," something that you could potentially live on, you need to have a variety of income streams. Preferably passive and low-maintenance income. I agree with altyfc, choose something that keeps you interested long-term.

Of course, you want to generate as much quality traffic. Interested visitors are the key to making money online, whether it be AdSense, eBooks, or subscription sites. You can earn a solid base of money through AdSense and selling links, but try to add higher-valued services for your customers -- like the ebooks and such. You can charge more for these, while providing quality goods for your visitors.

MidnightFusion, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  9. snra786

snra786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is nice, but affiliate revenue is generally a lot better. I would definitely offer a free service since most people are already used to that. Once you have a large base traffic you can consider opening up a premium service that offers better options, etc.

snra786, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  10. davidtl99

davidtl99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    a lot of visitors help and find an affiliate niche that pays a good percentage. But usually the highest paying has lots of competition.

davidtl99, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  11. skyfe

skyfe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had forums about coding, some while ago. It was quite popular though, a lot of visitors (high traffic), though my adsense earnings weren't too great... Anyway, the hoster has stolen my domain! However that site was great... Might create a new site like that, but then including a website, but I can't use the same domain anymore since that guy just stolen it... Sadly...

skyfe, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  12. lazarus4444

lazarus4444 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say CPA sites (Cost Per Action). You promote programs for big companies and get paid per lead.

lazarus4444, Jun 11, 2008 IP