1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Report/Infractions for people who don't read

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by rebelagent, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm tired of getting PMs about people looking for work when I clearly state that I am looking for work myself.

For instance my thread in content creation offered paid posting services.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=8097736#post8097736

When read it clearly states I AM THE ONE OFFERING SERVICES, obviously.

I constantly get private messages from people who can't read. It's almost become like spam to me. It wastes my time when I have to read these messages from people who don't read the post entirely. I've seen many other threads filled with simple replies that are the exact opposite of what the thread is getting at.

It's also not just a noob thing either. I've seen people with 200 post count + do the same thing!

Another annoyance is when a person says that the job offers are done but the next reply is "PM me details i'm interested". I know you've all seen this!

And whatever happened to getting infractions for saying "i'm interested pm me". That adds to post count as spam >.< I know quite a few people who've gotten infractions for saying stupid one liners like that. I've even been forced to say "I'm interested PM me" I'm tired of it! I even try to get creative with the "I'm interested" by adding fluff that really doesn't need to be added. IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO PUBLICLY LIST THE LINK, so it doesn't force users into stupid one liners.

That's another reason why I previously complained about the freebies thread (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=811018). The authors practically force the users to reply with "im interested PM me" are there no rules anymore?

I don't feel that digital point is enforcing a standard anymore.

Are there only rules against people who understand the rules. Is everyone who doesn't completely understand or read the facts constantly let off the hook? Are authors of threads the only people who ever get in trouble anymore?

rebelagent, Jun 10, 2008 IP
    Emie. likes this.
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you see someone post "I'm interested. PM me." report it. Those posts aren't allowed. If an OP tries to "force" you to say it, report it. They're not allowed to do that either.

We do get to as many as we can, but as that rule's newly being enforced, we have a lot of them to deal with as you can imagine. We do enforce a standard. But there are limited moderators, and we do this out of the goodness of our hearts, so we can't always get to everything immediately. That's why we rely on you folks to report these bad threads. We do crack down hard - one mod gave out nearly 70 infractions in one thread alone for those types of threads the other day if I'm not mistaken.

jhmattern, Jun 10, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.