1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not happy with Plimus

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by EnPassant, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I could say the same thing about you and your dedication to protect Plimus my dear friend ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  2. Patrón

Patrón Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall plimus is a pretty solid company but their support is unknow to be very slow and their responses are canned or confusing. The email verification i think is based off the ip address for your consumer. They do have geo-ip payment forms so depending on the region it might default and ask the consumer to validate their email address.

Plimus mostly handles software registration so it might be no wonder if they have different means of handling non software transactions.

Patrón, Jun 9, 2008 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  3. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus support sucks indeed

And you're right with the geo-IP process

Although it is probably good for them (and the sellers) for fraud purpose it can be a problem when a client lives in a country and has a bank account with a credit card in another one

It is more and more implemented by payment processors to fight fraud

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 9, 2008 IP
    microbrain likes this.
  4. lordadel

lordadel Active Member

Best Answers:
    all plimus is trying to do is to prevent fraud

i use them . it is their right to have every single information correct.(in spite of they decline some orders from me)
    anyway i dont want someone buy anything from me using a stolen credit card or any other fraud means

and you know what when they decline an order,they lose their percentage(they lose not winning). it is not their fault to protect your rights and the customer rights too

and about their support i never contacted them yet to know how are they .

and about Eddy2099 , he is trying to help here, he is not defending anyone. he is a helpful person and trying his best to help that guy there :) . anyway it is only the beggining and i am sure you will be happy with plimus when you become older account :)
    cheers

lordadel, Jun 9, 2008 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  5. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried Plimus on a couple of occasions before and I found it pretty decent. Their customer care is also prety good or at least was.

Lord Hades, Jun 9, 2008 IP
    eddy2099, lordadel and microbrain like this.
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    But if you had a very very bad experience with a payment processor then why shut up and just let people happy with this payment processor speak?

This is to help too - The famous pros and cons...

I'm not new to the whole thing and I can say that the support has been very bad (I even could say more than that) and I deal with all kind of supports

I can't believe I was just unlucky with this company and the only one to get such a bad support as a client

My conclusion is that Plimus is more a business to business payment process and they need to strengthen their support (it must be a very small unit) + I will never use them as a seller

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. EnPassant

EnPassant Active Member

Best Answers:
    That company Plimus actually proved to me they have a staff thats polite, knowledgeable, and does everything to help you.

I sent them somehow a tough email regarding their services, and I got a response back, that was actually surprising to me. They do care for new vendors, despite that they have so many established vendors and they explained to me everything. The first dozen of orders must be verified by phone thats it.

But with all those conflicts, they have stayed calm and never sent me an automatic bot reply.

So I will continue using Plimus, and I will work hard to get all problems regarding my account addressed..I see they are willing to do!

If anything, I want to confess I was wrong the first time I complained about them, and regarding canned responses, I never received one. When I ask about specific order, they give me specific answer. Very specific.

EnPassant, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  8. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    So ask to close the thread if you're happy NOW and it was your mistake!

Having experienced Plimus as a buyer of a software and having a bad opinion of this company, of course I will always tell my bad experience with them

:rolleyes:

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  9. shanX

shanX Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently I have been using Plimus for around two months or so, but still I haven't made a single sale thru it. No idea why, earlier I have been doing several sales per week. But am getting a lot of unique hits within their system, 187 unique hits have not made a single sale. Something is wrong, am gonna switch over to 2CO.

shanX, Jun 10, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  10. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I visited your site at http://utubed.info/ and i find something really wrong there. You definitely need to list the price of the script on your site itself.

I believe that people visit the Buy Now link just to see the price and may be put off by it. If you place your price on your website, you will have less people who would click on the Buy Now button just to see the price.

It is best to equip your potential customer with full information so they know what they are getting into.

Also if you list your price in USD, tag the following to your Order Link
    something like

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1234&currency=USD

This way, it would force the display currency as US$.

eddy2099, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  11. shanX

shanX Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Thanks for your 2c. I'll make thos changes to the site ;)

shanX, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  12. microbrain

microbrain Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with you , Plimus support are good as far as your question is technical , If you have some general query and you want to know some general information from plimus support then they might delay in answering but as far as I know plimus staff reply to email within 3 business days if you have submitted your ticket in technical section (payment problems or something like that ) .

microbrain, Jun 14, 2008 IP
    Lord Hades likes this.