1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you cross link your own websites?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by hurricane_sh, Jan 10, 2005.

How do you link and promote your websites if you have a few sites? Possible options I considered:

1. Promote one or two main sites, link to other sites from there.
    2. Promote them equally, link to every other website from each site.

hurricane_sh, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  2. JoeO

JoeO Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I am only running 2 sites. One attracts links naturally and has quite a few backlinks, the other one does not do so well in that regard (but makes more money). So I only link my first site to my second site with no reciprical link.

If I had more sites I would probably do the same thing, only link the more popular sites to the less popular ones.

JoeO, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  3. StacyO

StacyO Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say it depends on what you have time for. I prefer to focus my marketing energy on getting one site promoted, then maintain it while I start the next.

It is always a good idea to link your sites together -- if for no other reason than for bots. If you have a few, I would list them across the bottom of your pages, or set up a separate page if you have more. When I link a new site from an existing one, it gets crawled within a day or so.

Just my opinion,
    StacyO

StacyO, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Best is >=3 way/triangular. You don't want to cross link, it's considered spam by Google is overdone. It's not natural voting. Too many links and all will be left out of the ranking equation thus useless. 3 way is best, link from related pages if possible.

T0PS3O, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  5. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    when you talk about cross linking triangular, can the 3 sites be on the same IP? or each should have it's own?

I our case we have a root server with 2 IPs and 4 sites on it. Having 2 more IPs will be tough and quite impossible.

Any advice?
    Thank you
    Pierre

plmerlin, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  6. xzero

xzero Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using two schemes:
    1. Create non-profit sites with related content and put links from them to a profit site.
    2. Create several profit sites with related content and make cross-linking with different keywords.

xzero, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  7. xzero

xzero Peon

Best Answers:
    I read that links from IPs with different C-class are more important than links from the same IP. Do not know is it truth or not.

But links from several sites with different C-class IPs cost more than links from sites with the same IP.

xzero, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  8. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    This thread covers how I do it.

ResaleBroker, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  9. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I haven't linked my sites between each other, but I feel it's waste, especially when I see a popular blog network sites cross link each other on all pages.

hurricane_sh, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  10. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    Definitively having several IPs from different Class C will be tough.

I've a cheap host I was thinking getting rid off... I'll keep it as the IP is on different class B.

Thank you
    Pierre

plmerlin, Jan 10, 2005 IP
    xzero likes this.
  11. xzero

xzero Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that it is easier to have several cheap hostings to host sites on different C-class IPs than find a hoster that can provide a lot of such IPs.
    Maximum that I found was 4 IPs.

xzero, Jan 10, 2005 IP