1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

webmaster tools & analytics controversy

Discussion in 'Google' started by phd, Jun 9, 2008.

Hey,

If the Google webmaster tools gives right result for you. I'm confuse :confused:

I think it gives for my one of the site. In webmaster tools it shows one of my site comes 2nd and 3rd position for couple of keywords. while I've searched it manually and also through http://link.ezer.com/tools/google_serps_rank_checker.asp that is not even in top 100 unfortunately. (earlier it was there, but before a month back)

But in webmaster tool it shows for last week and this month also it shows in top 10 and even in clicked also top 10.

The controversy happens when I've checked the same in Google Analytics. Also there is no significant change in adsense revenue. (if it was on first page then surely it would)

Anybody else having similar issues?

phd, Jun 9, 2008 IP
    JJnacy likes this.
  2. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    try checking different googles as in the international and the regional to see which one it is

FREE BET, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  3. cashprior

cashprior Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is constantly testing results to deliver the best results to the end users, so your results may be top 10 (for a short period) sometimes, and if it's a relevant result, google will start kicking it up.

cashprior, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All that data isn't current or real-time, and it also doesn't show which data center your coming up for in those results as well. Take this data with a grain of salt.

astup1didiot, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might show your ranking in different regional server for google, check the local listings...

IEmailer.com, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  6. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As well as what the others have mentioned, try checking the keywords in an image search or mobile image search from webmaster tools.
    You may rank highly for a keyword in the image searches but not in the web searches and webmaster tools shows the top 20 results for all searches, unless you choose the individual search categories from the drop down menu in webmaster tools.
    Hope that helps

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  7. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    It just because the results variation of different different DC.

Bloomtools, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  8. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Similar thing happens with my sites. They jump around in SERPS depending on which data center is providing results. I think the analytics results just provide a snapshot that may not agree with the current data center providing results.

brian65, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  9. ArticleScholar

ArticleScholar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google searches yield different result per area, so you might want to consider switching data centers.

ArticleScholar, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  10. phd

phd Active Member

Best Answers:
    phd, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  11. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't rely too much on automated rank checkers. As people mentioned above, your rankings will vary depending on which Google data center is queried. All of those rankings are also constantly adjusting. Search engine rankings just aren't as static as they once were. Sometimes the ranking changes will just be one or two places here and there. Other times the changes seem drastic only to change back to normal an hour later. Think of all the rankings factors that are also changing: sites getting banned, sites getting new links, sites adding content, sites removing links, etc, etc.

Instead of focusing on your current rankings, focus on what it takes to get better rankings. If you're doing the right things, you could get to the first results page whether you watch the results or not.

vansterdam, Sep 3, 2008 IP