1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbies journey to Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by badar100, Jun 9, 2008.

I salute all the great Clickbank affiliates our there, on DP. I decided to make a move and start a journal of my Clickbank affiliate journey, hope this helps me and some other started out there.

I'm not an affiliate professional, and in fact, I started to use Clickbank about 1 week ago. But I'm really inspired and won't give up until I will have at least 1 sale in my account! And yet, I didn't had any success with it, lets hope it's for now only :)

So, here I'll try to post everyday my tips and info about sales, views, clicks and such stuff. Basically, I decided to go with such called bum marketing, so I don't spend any money on advertisement (to be honest at the moment I'm kind off short on the money to spend on PPC). I created a blog 3 days ago, with my own domain, where from time to time I'll write some posts about my niche. The posts that I write I submit to social bookmarking sites, where from time to time I get some additional views. Currently trying to write as many articles as I can. I submit my articles to EA, Squidoo, Hubpages, AD and GoArticles.

I also decided to create a video on YouTube with the product I advertise. It's with sound by the way :D

Today I wrote 2 articles.

So far I have:

Articles live: 2 (0 of them EA)
    Articles waiting approval: 4 (all of them are at EA)
    Article Views: 35
    Clicks from articles: 2
    YouTube video views: 15
    Sales: 0

Please mind I don't count social bookmarking views and clicks.

Hope this will be interesting for you to listen and I will get some nice tips from guru, to help me earn my very first money on Clickbank.

P.S I repeat I'm a newbie and if I'm wrong, please correct me, I'm still learning :eek:

P.S.S Excuse me nadavs if I kind of stole the style of writing on your journal :p

badar100, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  2. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another journal! This will be a pleasure for sure. It's always fun to see people making their first sale.

Don't worry, you didn't steal the style of writing in my journal. My writing style is unique, I can identify it from miles away. ;)

Good luck!
    nadavs

nadavs, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  3. snra786

snra786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Journals are always exciting. Looking forward to hearing more.

snra786, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  4. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck in your new journey my friend and I wish you all the best.

Mega

megarudy, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. CaffinePhil

CaffinePhil Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you keeping the journal on the forum? Why not start up a quick blog about it?

CaffinePhil, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  6. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for all the sweet welcomes and wishes. Lets hope this works, as I ain't gonna give up.

Is it really worth it? I hope I'll also get some useful advices here, from CB affiliates.

badar100, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  7. CaffinePhil

CaffinePhil Banned

Best Answers:
    Use the site to also promote your products and also have adsense on there, If it works you could sell the blueprint on to others?!

CaffinePhil, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  8. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    And how would people that are interested to hear my affiliate journal. would be interested to buy my product? Sound a bit ridiculous and a work that's not really worth any of my effort + I'm not really interested in AdSense at the moment :) Thanks for the advice though.

badar100, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  9. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck on your journal. Always fun to watch.

grover69, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  10. bunch

bunch Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be happy to watch your progress here, I love watching journals on this forum, they soon turn out to be inspiring.

bunch, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  11. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    An update:

My article at EA got approved maybe like 4 hours ago (this was my very first article in this niche). Till now, I got 51 views and 20 URL clicks (39% CTR) from this one article. 3 articles are still pending for approval at EA. But I suppose such high view count was probably because it sat some time in the Most Recent Articles category. I really hope I will start seeing some blue bars at my CB account soon :)

badar100, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  12. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck badar100.. I'm also a beginner in affiliate marketing just started a week ago. Also into bum marketing because i find it cheaper than PPC and good for the long run. All the best for your campaign!

nuruddeen710, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  13. bigkhong

bigkhong Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Luck in your new journey my friend and I wish you all the best.

bigkhong, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  14. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck Badar! Just don't listen to the negative, get to know your niche (read a bestseller or ebook in your niche) and build traffic and engage people to buy products!!!!

Tom Howell
    The Forex Guy

TheForexGuy, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  15. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a really nice CTR so far!

grover69, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  16. LittleDreamer

LittleDreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well good Luck!

Heres my lucky star for ya!

★

:)

LittleDreamer, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  17. tpc

tpc Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck and I'll be following your progress as well.

tpc, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  18. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    So, yesterday I wrote 2 more articles at EA. That's 4 total for yesterday. I'm kind of exhausted. I also decided to gather opt-ins from my site. Maybe they will be useful in the future who knows. I gather them, by telling people I send out some "useful tips and insiders" for free. Hope this works and won't affect on my sales.

Till now I got:

Articles live: 3 (1 of them EA)
    Articles waiting approval: 5 (all of them are at EA)
    Article Views: 102 (65 of them EA)
    Clicks from articles: 21 (20 of them EA)
    YouTube video views: 16
    Sales: 0
    Hops: 25

Kind of confused about the hop count. Maybe when I did test my site I clicked some times on CB links, but not so often :eek:

And the good news are, the article that got approved at EA, I was targeting long tail keyword (137k without quotes) and my article for that keyword is on 13th place in Google! Which I think isn't that bad after all. But what confuses me, should I keep writing articles with targeting this same keyword, and control Google for this keyword muahah :D or try other keywords? Anyone knows?

badar100, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  19. montiuk

montiuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Goodluck badar100 I wish you all the best its always a great buzz to get your very first clickbank sale, I had gave up when I was younger but stuck it out and kept at it and after the first sale i knew that it could be done.

montiuk, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  20. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good morning dear affiliates! Not like I got sale, but I just have a good mood :) Yesterday I wrote 2 more articles, today yet only 1, but hey, it's the start of the day. Good news are, my site is starting to rank in Google, I even rank for some keywords on Google SERP 1 :D Which I think is very good. There are some bad news though, my very first article was ranking good in Google for one day, then it just sucked. Oh well, anyways, yesterday got another article approved at EA and got a good CTR for it - 44% to be precise.

Stats:

Articles live: 4 (2 of them EA)
    Articles waiting approval: 7 (all of them are at EA)
    Article Views: 192 (157 of them EA) - you just can spot really great power in EA!
    Clicks from articles: 63 (62 of them EA)
    YouTube video views: 16
    Sales: 0 :(
    Hops: 58

badar100, Jun 11, 2008 IP
    NCMedia likes this.