1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom Website with Unique Content: Your Pick Topic

Discussion in 'Services' started by thewindmaster, Apr 10, 2006.

1. shabda

shabda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Wow! "Shabda has a little shameless behaviour in the past". Nice.
    Whatever. Ok Im outa here.

shabda, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  2. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thewindmaster, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With all the requests for websites with unique content ...seems to me the content will not be unique... but something machine generated.

Also the example shown is edited after by me... "Seems" to be from an adsense site generator, for sale by Jonathan Ledger in which he includes 25,000 articles. Those 25,000 articles are content already on the internet.

How the poster plans to change this would be very interesting...since he would need to break it up to avoid dupe content filter look for RSS feeds pulled in to try and trick the SE's

Caveat Emporer

Will be interesting thread to follow

Sem-Advance, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To clarify, the example shown is definately not from an adsense site generator. I custom coded it myself.

I took a basic template sliced up the HTML into various PHP files, added some variables that pull from a config.php. Please know what the hell you are talking about before making accusations about other peoples work.

As for the content, every completed article on the either of the example sites is 100% unique and written specifically for that site by a real live human being.

As for the SEs, I do not need to trick the SEs as the CONTENT IS ORIGINAL. Sure there is a portion of dupe content with the RSS feed, but plenty of sites with unique content have incoming RSS feeds and SEs know this.

Please dont get me wrong all knowledgeable criticism is appreciated. I want to try to work to make this offer better. But please, do not accuse me of trying to sell a auto generated site. I worked hard to custom code those templates and do not appreciate your slanted comments.

thewindmaster, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  6. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How do they have the same feel? Only the cookie site works for me, but that one doesn't look anywhere near the same as his site. It would probably help both thewindmaster and anyone else reading this thread if you were more specific on your complaints.

Right now it just seems like your opinion is they are similar.

cochise, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No complaints.

Just saying things may not be as they are said to be.

Content generation is not something that is easily done. It takes time to write, especially on subjects people may know nothing about. So to say these sites will all have unique content is a tall claim.

Is it unique content that when I use copyscape.com, it won't be found there??

Is it content that is correct in grammar??

Who is writing the content?? Someone writing content in one country for an audience in another country, they know nothing about, is also found to be poor quality.

Caveat Emporer

8. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wrote some content for thewindmaster a little while ago, so maybe it is my content he is using on some of these sites. I'm a college student in the US so I feel my basica grammar and writing skills are up to par. Or someone elses maybe. Like I said in another thread he was looking to hire many writers for big projects and got a lot of responses. I can tell you from my experiance he IS paying for original content.

If you run these articles through Copyscape and find something wrong, then you have a valid complaint for sure. If there is something wrong with the quality of the writing, that is a whole different thing altogether.

But right now it really just seems like you ran your mouth off, no offense, without looking for actual facts. What you are saying in the above post is nothing like what you said in the first post, where you basically accused him of using content written by others.

Like I said before in your other thread, bringing up possible problems and questions, like you did in the last post, is helpful to everyone and generally a good thing to do when the doubts are there. Jumping to conclusions and accusing people with little foundation to base upon is not.

And now I will leave it to thewindmaster to address the question on how it is guarenteed that his content is original.

cochise, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  9. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks, cochise. It is nice to get a little positive feedback. I was considering giving up the project and posting the php source code I coded just to prove my point.

It would have been nice of SEM to do a little home work before slamming other peoples work. Like use copyscape, look at my other threads, or something.

You are saying now "Just saying things may not be as they are said to be." But you previous post and and entire new thread you created just to attack me here you called my offering BS, you said I was trying to rip people off, you said my site was auto-generated, and basically called me a scammer.

As for the quality of the content, as cochise stated it is written by quality writers, reviewed and edited by me personally before delivery. Any interested party can see the quality of the writing in the example. Unfortunately, you jealous accusations could cause some people to not even look. Let them judge for themselves.

Right now I am working on the first site, with no down payment, for MKInfo. So I am paying the content writers (a large portion of the $95) and doing all the work with no guarantee to receive payment. I am doing this because I am confident about the quality of the end result. Once I get it done SEM you can ask MKInfo if the code is unique.

Crazy_Rob likes this.
  10. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi

For cochise

I am far from perfect in spelling and grammar, but your argument and claims would have held some water, had you bothered to spell check and grammar check the piece you wrote.

for windmaster

jealous?? mmmm no that is off base .... actually I don't do what you do so you're not a competitor, however with the program I mentioned earlier I could be.

The other thread I started....was not about you....nice of you to think so,a bit conceited as well, but you're dead wrong there as well. :D

"Guilty conscious need no accuser......."

I already said my piece about the service you offered in your thread.

Actually I do not need to, any coding done is not unique, it is all based on computer language so all php code is the same when used on websites. PHP works the same through each site, only how it is implemented is different.

Geir likes this.
  11. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What are you talking about Sem? Was my grammar bad in my post above? I didn't write the piece on the sample website if that is what you are referring to, I did write a few articles for thewindmaster but I don't know if he used them or not.

If you are talking about my grammar in this thread than you are not using a good barometer for my writing skills. I type fast and don't worry about mistakes on forum posting. When doing articles I use Word, which helps me eliminate most of the small errors, and double-check my work upon completion.

To tell the truth I have been pretty nice to you so far. But since you want to take the gloves off that is fine. Your original complaint against thewindmaster was that he was copying other people's work and using software to make his site. Well guess what? You couldn't prove it and admitted so yourself.

To defend your stance you brought up the quality of articles, which was never an issue in your original post. What does that have to do with the original complaint? Absolutly nothing. You seem to just be looking to stir trouble. My arguments don't hold water? Don't make me laugh.

I can't believe anyone would take you seriously at this point. All you do is accuse without finding all the facts out first. And for someone who claims to live by American principles, you sure seem to forget the one that says innocent until proven guilty.

cochise, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  12. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    and??

Want me to tremble??

:mad:

13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    cochise

to make you happy I went back and added the word "seems" to my original thread
    For both you and wind

I think maybe you both need to reread what I wrote, as most were questions or comparative statements.

Try as you might to spin it ...just wont work.

14. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, I only expected the same sort of treatment in return.

Nice to see you have nothing else to respond to in the rest of my post and are hiding that by poking fun at one sentance. If you think theatrics like a smiley and a sarcastic comments gets you off the hook, forget it.

Why don't you just give it up and admit you were wrong to accuse thewindmaster of something you had no proof of?

cochise, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  15. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, my thread is way off topic now. Well, you know what they say, "There is not such thing as bad publicity."

16. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all cochise I never treated you badly.

I made a point about your post.

Something that seemed common sense to me.

You have to admit in your follow up post, it seems you followed my advice.
    Defintiely gave you more credibility.

I answered your other thoughts in a seperate thread.

17. cochise

cochise Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm spinning it? I'M SPINNING IT. Wow, just wow.

What you needed to do to make yourself credible wasn't to edit your original post and hide your original comments. You should have retracted previous comments and made a new post about what you meant to say.

And what you said originally wasn't just questions, "try as you might spin it." That is such a dumb comment to make considering in the other thread you created you clearly say this.

"One offers to resell sites he makes from a program he bought to automatically generate sites. He wants to sell each site for the price of the program he paid.

Lets be honest anyone can buy the automatic site generating software for the price of one of this guys $99.99 miracles."

Go ahead and pretend you weren't referring to thewindmaster, but we both know the only person spinning the truth is you now. That is a clear accustion and a judgement made, not questions and/or compartivie statements. Just give it up for gods sakes.

And I just saw your second post and I don't believe I am the one who needed credibility. But thanks anyways, I guess...

cochise, Apr 14, 2006 IP
    thewindmaster likes this.
  18. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I needed to do nothing to make myself credible... as I am not the one offering the service nor am I some 3rd party poster who may or may not an uninterested 3rd party.

Next I've been on the forums for a while now...do not let your head get so big as to think wind has been the first to offer this service, he is not I assure you.

Perhaps, I did have him fresh in mind when I made my post...tis life in the big city. I do not see where I mislead anyone in what was being offered or what could be done by anyone for the same price.

Again for someone whos just written content.. which you yourself readily admit have no idea was ever used.... your relationship with wind would seem distant ....yet your continued ranting, rambling and jumping up and down in protest and in his defense......makes it seem you two are bedfellows...:eek: or perhaps one in the same.

Peace

Sem-Advance, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  19. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Why don't you take your arguments elsewhere instead of hijacking this thread.It is the height of bad manners.
    If a moderator reads this please remove the offending posts.

MKInfo, Apr 15, 2006 IP
    thewindmaster likes this.
  20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    your bad manners...is my free speech

Who made you emily post??

PS I was done....