1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OK, this is getting pathetic.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cameron [NetXHosting], Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I would like to know why I got an infraction on a thread where I asked a perfectly valid question. Also, I have the right to reply to something that deals with my company(s).

The post was:

And the infraction was for:
    It was a perfectly valid reason. If someone posted asking if warez linking was allowed would they get an infraction? No absolutely not. Also, if someone was posting about company X in company Y's thread, does company X have the right to reply? Yes they do.

I would like an explanation to this please.

Cameron [NetXHosting], Jun 8, 2008 IP
  2. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a mistake. It's only 1 point, and it will expire

peter_anderson, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  3. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, but it's the principal of it ;)

If it's one point I shouldn't have got then it should be removed :) I know it will expire eventually but it's one step closer to banned :p

Cameron [NetXHosting], Jun 8, 2008 IP
  4. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    how about a link to the original thread.

sawz, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  5. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I was on your side until I re-read and saw

Do you have a link to the thread? It's really hard to believe the mod has made a mistake, even they did, cant blame them while they've been doing for so long :p

locomotion, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  6. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Just move on man.. Its only an infraction.. It expires and if you are always clean, it really shouldn't matter at all. As for people posting in each other's thread, I'm sure that everyone including you do that. I don't know what happened, but if the mod did give you an infraction then most probably you deserved it. Anyway, you are a nice guy most of the time so don't worry man, just move on.

godsofchaos, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  7. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ChrisMiller, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  8. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    since both of you sell hosting, my thoughts are the only reason you posted in that thread was to get your sig links in that thread. and i bet if i check your posting history, i'll find many more useless posts like the ones you received an infraction for.

tell me i'm wrong.

sawz, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  9. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the time you get an infraction just for asking why you got an infraction so just take it like a man and swallow it.

TheSyndicate, Jun 8, 2008 IP
    sawz likes this.
  10. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have a valid reason for posting in that thread to my intention was not to "LINK BAIT" I was basicly saying good deal and asking how long IwhiC was going to run this deal for the VPS because Im thinking about buying it for the reason that I would be able to setup a network of proxys which is allowed on that vps deal. Im going to buy it soon after i make my money back from Camerons deal I purchused from him...like I stated in my orginal post in that thread

-Chris

ChrisMiller, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  11. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, your infraction was for this part:

1. You posted in a sales thread b/c someone mentioned them being competition - that in itself would constitute hijacking.

2. The question you did ask was already addressed in the OP, which clearly states you had complete freedom w/ the account.

freethenoob - If you're interested in someone's sales thread, you may PM them for more information, or click the links in the OP to order. Posting to suggest they're trying to compete with someone else is irrelevant - threads in BST are NOT discussion threads. They are sales-oriented threads. Anything else is considered hijacking.

jhmattern, Jun 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.