1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phplynx templates

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jonny-harms, Jun 7, 2008.

I have a directory using phplynx and i want to know if anyone codes phplynx templates? Because i need a template for my new directory i have changed from phpLD because phplynx is much better because there more features built in

thanks
    jonny harms

jonny-harms, Jun 7, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man and JamieG like this.
  2. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    They are no more difficult to template than any other jonny-harms, I know jojo has done quite a few, she isn't a member here but over at the phpLynx forum, someone from webtalk forums also codes as well as someone called popotalk from here has done them in the past.

JamieG, Jun 7, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    As the script grows more and more popular, there's an ever increasing number of phplynx designers and coders available. In fact, one of the most influential phpLD users (no, not an0n, as the conspirators believe) is actually looking to develop on the phplynx platform. I suspect this will become a major wake up call and you'll find the best directory script - in terms of functionality and support - phplynx - to become massive and designers won't be limited as they currently are. I would have to agree with Jamie on this one, jojo has done a few templates and they are all business-themed (if I remember correctly) and give a professional look.

For now, good luck on finding a designer, one may not be that far around the corner.

Cheers

Spider-Man, Jun 7, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  4. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    jojo also owns and runs the site http://phplynxtemplates.co.uk there may be some templates on there which you can purchase right away without having to design one from scratch.

thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  5. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to access http://www.phplynxtemplates.co.uk/ but it would never connect so someone might want to get ahold of jojo and let her know

jminscoe, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I sent her a p.m over at ours jminscoe, its been down a day or so now, looks like her server is dead.

JamieG, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  7. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    any advantage of phplynx over PHPld ?
    is there any free phplynx script ? - how good it is ? plz share your experience :)

also, how is spam protection :D

MeetHere, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  8. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    MeetHere, there are several advantages of phplynx over phpld. Look at the following for more advantages: phplynx Features.

Yes, there is a free phplynx script available. In my experience, I've seen better things come out of the free phpLynx script than I have the paid phpLD script. The free version features probably exceed the paid phpLD features.

Spam protection is second-to-none and is all down to how often the user decides to change the validation question. For obvious reasons, if you left the answer as 'red' forever, eventually spam bots will pick up on this and you will receive spam. Nonetheless, through the Admin control panel, you can ban domains, ip's and e-mail addresses (inc. wildcards, for example, - you can ban one, two, three, 26 or all of domain.com's e-mails, it's really up to you). For more information on anti-spam measures, please take a look at phpLynx Anti-Spam Protection.

Why do I endorse the script? Because phpLynx is the ocean, the alternative scripts are only swimming pools.

Spider-Man, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  9. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ask me again in 2 months time :D

mikey1090, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  10. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :eek::eek: Great..

:cool: Thats great. Thanks for the review.

why not now ?:D

MeetHere, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  11. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exams. Work to do.

Waiting for them to release it in open source.

mikey1090, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  12. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Just done my LPC so know what exams are like Mikey. You don't have to wait for the code to go open to template it, (although that's happening fingers crossed within the week) the template system is no more difficult than any of the other scripts that use smartie, I'd happily arrange for you to have a copy put online on our servers for you to play about with. :)

JamieG, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  13. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Just to update, jojo server has decided to close business and she is currently migrating to a new host with a new script, should only be a day or 2 but the site will be back up and running soon hopefully.

If you need to contact her please do so via the phplynx.com/forum this is her only means of contact at present until her site is back up and running.

Sorry for the confusion.
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  14. floppydrivez

floppydrivez Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks very interesting, the script itself has some really nice features. Does it have a deep link mod? Was the only thing I didn't see I would require from a directory script.

it is possible I missed, I was just skimming.

floppydrivez, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, the script does have deep link submission features - which can be enabled/disabled in the admin control panel. Try the free version for starters (it doesn't have this 'mod' installed, as it's a part of the full version) - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Spider-Man, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The 'Conspirators' are 'Retarded'

hahaha

an0n, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  17. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    The deep link feature is in the full version floppydrivez. As spider_man said, it can be enabled in admin to show one deeplink or a million, you also have the ability to add it or not to different packages.

JamieG, Jun 8, 2008 IP
    jonny-harms likes this.
  18. jonny-harms

jonny-harms Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to the idiot that gave me red rep for this thread. when my question will probably benefit others in the future

jonny-harms, Jun 8, 2008 IP
    mikey1090, jitendraag and JamieG like this.
  19. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are many idiots around here Jonny that do not like phplynx or the people that like it. I've given you 10 green rep points which should wipe those reds :)

mikey1090, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  20. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Just been over on the phplynx forum and jojo`s phplynxtemplates.co.uk is back up and running.

Thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jun 13, 2008 IP