1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dawg Witch All-in-One tool for checking pr, dmoz, etc

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by iowadawg, Apr 14, 2006.

Been working on this site for the past few days.
    It is now live and ready for visitors to check their website page rank, dmoz listing, internal page rank, link popularity.
    Use it often, so I can make sure everything is A-Ok!
    http://www.dawgwitch.com

Thank you.

iowadawg, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    its a good tool
    But when the results come the PR images are blurry. isnt it :confused:

i liked this one http://www.dawgwitch.com/lp.php

but how about putting all tools in same page? like searchengineengine.com

got a red grrr dont understand why

amitpatel_3001, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  3. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    "If a site has PR0, it is usually a penalty, and it might be unwise to link to it.

this is incorrect information. A site will be given a pr0 until google updates it page rank. you should change usually to "could" and qualify your statment by stating that new website have pr0 until google counts the pagerank pointing at it, and also that if one page has a 0 you should check the page one level above or the homepage to see if it is simply a new page whose rank has not been quantified yet. Also, you should go inhto why a site would be banned and how to check, besies a pr0 which could be afactor.

Sorry to critique your content, as I am sure that its in the begginning stages.

The look of the site is, well, plain. But I personally love plain sites. The site in my sig is straight html with no styles or tables, just text formatting like <p><h1><b><a> and <blockqoute>

I think it is the quality of the information, not the amount of dancing cows you have that makes a site worth visiting again.

jrd1mra, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking at the entire site right now and see nothing blurry.
    Of course, i have clean glasses on,,,,lol

That will be in the future once I figure out how to place all on one page, and if it will be a better choice for visitors.

5. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Nah, it stands as it is. It is still unwise to link to a pr0, but you can still do it. If I start qualifying every word and phrase, I would have a long scroll.
    Yes, I know that a pr0 today is a good candidate for a pr6 tomorrow.

6. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    i meant about the image of PR [ 5/10 isn't it blurry? ]

Also the Keyword tool does not work here when i search for 1000 ranks @ dawgwitch.com/serp.php

Attached Files:

• pr.JPG
      pr.JPG
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
    amitpatel_3001, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  7. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    You are distributing WRONG information. It looks bad on your credibility and anything youy are trying to do with your site. A pr0 does not "usually" mean a site is banned. Most of the time the site is not banned. Especially with Google toolbart being wacky. This is why people who are not SEO's should not write or claim to know about SEO. People get misinformed and the next thing they are posting here " my site is banned" I read on an SEO websitre that if I have a pr0 i am probobally banned. Then the real experts have to waste their time correcting incorrect information.

Why you would want to keep incorrect info on your site is beyond me, but obviously you only have adsense revenue in mind.....

try writing about something you actually know about instead of making MY JOB harder.

jrd1mra, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dawg, there's a small issue you'll want to correct. In tools #3-5 (Link Pop, Index Pages, and DMOZ) your execute button still reads "Check PR Now!" That's probably an inadvertent carryover from tools #1-2.

Nice tools.

Jim4767, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  9. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Come back when you have learned as much as I have about what I write, what I say, etc.
    Did I say I was an seo expert? NO
    Where you got the banned by adsense from, is a mystery to me.
    Go find another site to denigrate!@

Yeah, it is still an imperfect site, as I just put it up.
    More work to do to it, but to find out what is wrong, I needed, and still need, input that is corrective in nature and helpful.
    After Easter, will go back and see what I can do to fix things up a bit better.
    And so as not to get another wild rant, will write yet another article on page rank that hopefully will be better than the present one.

10. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    I was simply saying that you simply are writing content on a site so that the site can generate adsense revenue.
    If you are not an seo expert, why are you writing information that only an expert (or well researched) individual should be writing. The info is wrong, merely by one word. You could add one sentence to clarify and make the info right. it is not right to say that a site that has a PR0 is probobaly banned. That is misinformation. Period.

I have seen your posts in the past iowadawg, and you give good information. In this case however you are incorrect and your refusal to accept that you may have placed an incorrect statement, (you did say you are not an expert) and the fact that it has been pointed out by someone who does SEO for clients every day, (ME) and your subsequent refusal to fix the inaccuracy is evident of arrogance and a lack of interest in promoting truthful and valuable information.

Maybe I am ranting a little, as I know that you are not done with the site and its a work in progress. I hope the final product is a useful and valuable work.

jrd1mra, Apr 14, 2006 IP
    amitpatel_3001 likes this.
  11. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Then I decided, you are not worth spending more time on.

12. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    I didnt see this post. I rescind my comments on your arrogance. Have a good Easter.

jrd1mra, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  13. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Got the new template up, site looks (to my eye anyway) a lot better than the first thrown together mess I had.
    All the tools should work great.
    Each button is correct for the page.
    http://www.dawgwitch.com

Let me know what you think of the new look and if everything works good for you.

Thank you.

iowadawg, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  14. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Works fine for me! :D
    The left navigation looks like a Google Ad though...that's just my opinion. :p

EGS, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  15. iowadawg

Best Answers:
    Liked that one!
    A menu that looks like google ads.
    And here I made it google free!
    So, any ideas on how to make the left not look like ads?

iowadawg, Apr 16, 2006 IP