1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Dance?

Discussion in 'Google' started by zee, Jun 6, 2008.

One of my sites is dropping like anything for a very competitive keyword. I was on page 2 today and then got to page 1 for a while and now I am on page 3.

I haven't made any changes in the last 24 hours. The site was last cached on June 3rd. WHAT is going on? Please help, I am going crazy here!

And oh, did I mention that my competitor who keeps buying links is doing sooo much better than me!!! This is simply very disappointing!

Please help!

Zee

zee, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. Nyceane

Nyceane Member

Best Answers:
    hmmmm, maybe you should try some less competitive keywords

Nyceane, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  3. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Why would I do that when I have been ranking well on high competitive keyword? Why should I give up? What I need to know is what's up at the moment? Is it Google dance? Is it something else?

zee, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  4. onlineshopping

onlineshopping Banned

Best Answers:
    Google dance for SERP will be always there, if some one gets permenant result on the particular keyword than that person will not require seo any more.

Google respects the value of seo and seo industry, that's y it generate google dance in serp.

and well , imo it's very good for the seo and sem industry.

Whomever the person who works hard on seo for the website, deserves to be at top.

onlineshopping, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  5. johnenderson

johnenderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Because Might be your competitors Deserved More Credit which you are trying for search terms.

you can check your some competitor sites which are coming in 1st page and Do some analysis so sure you will get some ideas.

If you are targeting strong keywords so you should work hard on quality links ,Quality content and Proper Maintenance otherwise you will face always Big issue with Google.

Google always sending good credit and respect to quality content + Quality links and that is very good benifits.

So work hard on your content + quality links, so you should come back in first page.

Good Luck

Thanks
    John

johnenderson, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  6. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    THAT is the problem! My site is one of the most neatly designed and coded sites in the top results. The other results that are now ranking higher than my site has fewer links when I check with the "link" operator. They have crappy content and their site is not as well coded as my site is. It's complete CSS with RSS and everything. There is not even a single outbound link on my site. And for the affiliate that I use, I am using go.php?url= method PLUS, I also use rel=nofollow on every affiliate banner (and I have only around 3-5 banners each on a different page with relevant content on it).

I have NOOOOOOOO idea what the hell is wrong with Google. Every site that's aggressively buying links on other websites/blogs is doing far much better than my site. I don't have the budget to buy links Yahoo directory or in other high ranking, high PR websites and I don't want to buy links as it is also against Google's guidelines.

This is very very frustrating. I keep adding fresh content twice every week. The content that I add is rich in keywords and is not at all spammy. It's totally unique. I have no idea what the F is Google doing to my site for more than 30 days!

Also, could you PLEASE, PLEASEE tell me how can I get QUALITY backlinks!? We can't buy links right? Can someone please define me what a QUALITY backlink is and how to get it without paying huge amount of money? Seriously, I need some help here!

zee, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  7. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not you. More than google dance I actually call it google's rave party.
    In my niche everything is pretty much screwed up, including super estabilished websites gone on page two, and crappy pr2-pr3 sites on top.
    Can a Pr8 website with 16 million u/v a month be on page two for a very related keyword?. Today is possible.
    As I said in another post, I'm going up and down like crazy, and there isn't a single datacenter that shows same results.
    As I'm writing my site is back on 4th position, 8 hours ago i was 9th, and yesterday at this time I was 16th for one of my best keyword.
    Just for the record, i lost 20 positions in UK and AU. geeeez!
    For sure there are work in progress at G.

guidyy, Jun 7, 2008 IP
    samzach likes this.
  8. giancarlo

giancarlo Active Member

Best Answers:
    A quality link is:

1) On topic (The page linking to your page is about the same main topic)
    2) Ranked well for the keyphrase you are after (In the top 1,000)
    3) Contains the keywords you wish to rank well for
    4) Has high PR (PR 4 or higher)
    5) Doesn't have many outgoing links
    6) Dofollow
    7) Incontent link (not footer)

And you will have to spend some money to get them (one way, of course).

So leave the fear behind and go for shopping. :)

giancarlo, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  9. samzach

samzach Peon

Best Answers:
    You are so right! I am experiencing the same thing with my website. Within 24 hours, it fell 2 pages to page 3 but first it bounced up and down a bit between page 1 and 2. Crappy websites with NO content and links or PR are sitting way at the top. Even still, my competitors are ocsillating - one just dropped from 4th to 8th, I'm sure he's pulling his hair out too. Something is definitely up at Google. Oh and another thing - the number of total results for this particular keyword has also fallen drastically, looks a lot of pages were just thrown out of the index?
    No idea.
    Worried!

samzach, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  10. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    My SERPs took a plunge as well, as I'm resting on the 10th position and at the brink of losing the 1st page. :(

Mr. Websites, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  11. Cinta April

Cinta April Banned

Best Answers:
    directories are good way of planting links.

Cinta April, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  12. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    So basically, Google's gone crazy!!

zee, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  13. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i hate it when google dance.. .... it's super unstable!

hillord, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  14. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not always a good thing.

Sockmoney, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  15. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Within the last couple days my traffic has tanked :(

dethfire, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  16. samzach

samzach Peon

Best Answers:
    Has your position also been affected?

samzach, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  17. tidbits

tidbits Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been going on for some time for me. One of my oldest sites has taken a nose dive about 3 weeks ago. It hasn't come back. I still have the same PR and haven't changed anything on the site but I no longer rank well for my keywords.

It's extremely frustrating.

tidbits, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  18. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok, I am glad I am not the only :) Phheeww!

My site also lost PR but that was a month ago. From PR4 to PR3. I stayed on page 1 for some time but now I am on also on page 3.

Does any of you have any idea as to what in the world is going on here? :s

zee, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  19. 3walim

3walim Peon

Best Answers:
    I beleive google dance cuz there many new build links while you are stop doing
    so they make who keep build links over you

then they discover he was paid links so they back as before
    and so on...

it’s game don’t blame google nor either webmasters
    blame the game

3walim, Jun 7, 2008 IP