1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It actually worked ! $1.50 a day to $10.00 A day overnight!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalta1, Jun 5, 2008.

This is not spam & I am not selling anything but i feel compelled to share this with you guys. I read a thread here 3 nights ago and the guy was saying how he was getting under $2 a day with adsense. He changed his ads to mostly large or medium rectangles and made sure they blended into the color scheme of the page to make it look like part of the actual site. He also said to put them smack in the middle of your page. In addition he obviously drives as much traffic as he can to his site via social marketing etc. So I figured I averaged under $2 a day and I really had nothing to lose than to try his suggestion. It seemed reasonable. I did the change to half of my pages late morning when about a third of my daily traffic has already visited. By the end of that day which was yesterday (June 4th 2008) I was at $7.77 So I was very pleased as you can imagine. Today (June 5th 2008) I am currently at $10.76 with a CTR of 4.8%. My CTR before that was hardly ever over 3%. I imagine these last few days are not a fluke. I hope this helps anyone who reads this and tries it. If you want to see which site I did it for its the models site in my signature. www.mandarichmodels.com

Tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 5, 2008 IP
    adrianzak likes this.
  2. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    But i don't think so that we can place adds near images, may be your account can get banned if google catch this . Correct me if i am wrong but it is against tos that we can't place adds near images .

atulperx, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  3. JC007

JC007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you is against the TOS

JC007, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  4. jacobworld

jacobworld Peon

Best Answers:

I reckon your site wont last . I will give you few weeks and u will receive a nice letter from google - banned

jacobworld, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  5. innofidelity

innofidelity Active Member

Best Answers:
    Last year Google informed to all adsense publishers to who put ads near images to remove all images ASAP.If not so ,will be banned

innofidelity, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  6. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi nice site.
    As others have warned, Some ads are a bit close to images.

But also I noticed that your outbound links and a lot of internal links open in a new window, nothing wrong with that, but every time a new window opens, it refreshes the page with the link on, which in turn refreshes the Google ads, and you can also be banned for that. (I think they call it artificially increasing page impressions)
    take care.
    BTW cool music.

EDIT. I couldn't see one so I thought I would just add... If you haven't already you also need to put a privacy policy on any of your sites that have adsense.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  7. davidstone

davidstone Banned

Best Answers:
    and it is also very dangerous if let your ads color just the same as your pages, you should let your ads look different with you pages.

davidstone, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  8. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make the necessary changes NOW if you don't want to be banned...

seo4china, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  9. trocobob

trocobob Banned

Best Answers:
    i dont think that is again adsense tos .
    google dont allow ads near pictures (rectangle ads near 4 pictures exp) that mean earch ads near an adecuat small image ..

trocobob, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  10. xtalonxx

xtalonxx Peon

Best Answers:
    You should test wether to blend in the ad units or make them stand out, it will depend on the market which is better for each website.

I don't believe google has anything against ads being blended in, they did recently change their tos to not allow ads to be added under titles like "Check out todays best offers" and other similar titles.

This is from adsense tos page at google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48182&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-asui&medium=link&gsessionid=rrE61wI52pg

xtalonxx, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  11. Overheard Daily

Overheard Daily Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is that what you guys are referring to here? May not place misleading images alongside individual ads

If so, what exactly does that mean?

Overheard Daily, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  12. Scottydont

Scottydont Peon

Best Answers:
    meaning you can't place images next to an ad that would trick the user into thinking:

a.) The image is related to the ads next to it.
    b.) The Ads are just another image.
    c.) The image acts in a way which would persuade the user to click the ad for any other reason than pure interest in what the ad is selling.

Basically in a nutshell....don't put images next to ads. Simple as that.

-Scottydont

Scottydont, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  13. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    kalta1, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  14. Nyceane

Nyceane Member

Best Answers:
    is your CTR still as good? as soon as i removed the image my CTR dropped from 3.4% down to .78%

Nyceane, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  15. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    today it has gone down. i am at 1.62% but because i have been changing my ads around it may be inaccurate because of all the impressions as i check my pages to be looking correct. what makes me suggest that is my $ is about the same as it was yesterday at this time. in the $6-$7 range

kalta1, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  16. BeCreative

BeCreative Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree too that we can't place our ads near images. It can easily get ban by google adsense. But making money should take some risk sometimes. hehe

BeCreative, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  17. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain Bro. IMHO having the ads next to the model pic is innocent enough. However you don't want to take the risk of getting banned.. I could see if the pic said click here etc., etc.

Rambling~

I have a myspace layouts site that gets 1000+ unique visitors a day. For the life of me I cant get more then 10 clicks ($1-$2) a day out these kids no matter what I try. I have done everything from ads next to pics,;) link units, changing the template etc. No matter what I do, I can not surpass 10 clicks on a given day. It's very frustrating! I'm starting to think that the myspace crowd is just a flaky and if they don't see what they are looking for, they bounce in like 2.5 seconds. Analytics kinda confirms this.

It sux because we see these brain dead "make money online" sites/blogs" calming they make tons... The whole time thinking why would anyone in their right mind even give these sites more then quick peek. Yet they have all this click happy traffic.:confused:

One thing you may want to consider, I know I am, is... If you look at a lot of sites that are doing well with their ads. They are sites that will remove the Top menu, are hide it. Replacing it with a horizontal link unit. The average browser can mistake it for site navigation if done will with colors etc. Thus sending the ctr to a more desired level...;)

Hope this helps and thanks for letting me share!

John-Q, Jun 6, 2008 IP
    GlowStormLion likes this.
  18. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't see any problem with the image by the ads. You just don't want images misleading people into clicking ads. Having say 4 ads and 4 images lining up with each is what G is referring to. Having 1 big image of a model near a ad unit is not misleading at all. Email adsense and ask for their opinion. I think it is just fine.

glenndorsey, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  19. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think the most important in adsense in not the kind of ads but traffic is the main key. you could earn more if you've a lot of traffic in your site.

Gabung, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  20. cryton

cryton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site looks good. I missed seeing it before you added the buffer change. And you're ok with color matching, even font matching-as long as you think "harmony" and not "deceive" in page layout.

That thing about the outgoing links opening in new pages is a new one on me though I didn't see anything on the TOS page so I'm not sure where he got that one.

cryton, Jun 6, 2008 IP