1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

User Submitted Content & Adsense Clicks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mads, Apr 13, 2006.

Aloha,

I'm creating a new site with user submitted content. :D

My plan is to let a user get 50% of the adsense revenue when ads are clicked on pages authored by the user.

I will implement this so the user have to submit his own Adsense Id together with his article.

But how do I ensure that the user doesn't go berserk and click his ad around the clock? I don't mind him running berserk and thereby closing his Adsense account, but I would surely be sad if the same thing happend to my own account :(

Thanks

mads, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you think you'll get much revenue via this site? For me, having to deal with 'x' different adsense accounts every month, sending cheques out, keeping an eye on the users, dealing with all the paperwork, coping with users who feel sure you've diddled them, etc etc etc just wouldn't be worth it unless the site was earning me quadzillions per month. And even then I'd be thinking twice about it.

Sara, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  3. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would guess it could be automized if all the authors use their own adsense accounts. Then all I would need to do is to implement some code that randomly selects and shows ads with the correct adsense id.

mads, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    dang, that was my idea :( ... I too was thinking on similar line :D

poseidon, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't. If they know when and where a click on the Adsense ads works in their favor, they might be tempted to do so, or ask someone to "help them out". Not only will their account be in danger, but yours as well. It's just a chance you'll have to take.

jackburton2006, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  6. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    Berserk and click all ads ?
    All you can do is tell adsense "I'm opening rev sharing site , If anythings unusual , please refund the advertiser cause of my user berserked" or something like this

Did you implement it completed ? , and how ratio thats Your ads : user ads is showed. Mostly is 50% , or 33%. If you're php developer It's easy
    (Moreover , Users must never seen their ads while they are logged in)

Then you can implement more features to track the click from IP
    If it extra click from 1 ip (For examples 5 clicks rapidly) , then disabled this ip to see the ads

(Need some Javascript experienced like
    <div onclick='track();'>adsense code here</div> , And using ajax to connect to php files and record on database that this IP was clicked ads)

BNix, Apr 13, 2006 IP
    mads likes this.
  7. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BNix:
    Thanks for the great tips! I'm a .NET programmer, so I guess PHP wouldn't be terrible difficult for me.

Have you implemented a revenue sharing site yourself?

Thanks again.

mads, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  8. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    both justin cooks & my joomla adsense revenue sharing mods ensure the authors have no opportunity to click their own ads.

justin cook:
    http://www.justin-cook.com/wp/2006/04/03/free-joomla-module-adsense-revenue-sharing/

http://userwrittenresources.com
    http://userwrittenresources.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=35

natsirtm, May 1, 2006 IP