1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Webmaster Tool. Top search keywords Accuracy

Discussion in 'Google' started by mahendras, Jun 6, 2008.

I seriously doubt on google webmaster tool accuracy on Top search (query) keyword section, that shows where did my site appear on those keyword searches.

I tried number of keywords which were shown on my top search queries in google webmaster tool, like it said for keyword X site appeared on rank 37. I tried that manually on google and i didnt found my site on 37 for keyword X.
    Its like 50% of the results of most search queries in webmaster tool are correct and rest is just a guess or mathematical mistake.

Is there any other tool to judge where my site appeared for particular keywords? All free tools are also not accurate.

mahendras, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. vishenda

vishenda Peon

Best Answers:
    vishenda, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  3. Link.ezer.com

Link.ezer.com Peon

Best Answers:
    SERPs may be varied due to different of "num=" , location, time, ISP

Link.ezer.com, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  4. ranjuse

ranjuse Banned

Best Answers:
    Whats it??????? site?????

ranjuse, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  5. johnenderson

johnenderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally Useless site, are you talking about keyword research site ?

you are right Mahendra, some time webmaster account Data is Not 100 % Accurate.

Thanks
    John

johnenderson, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  6. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also face this problem. Some of queries are right & some are wrong. I don't know what it gives in this section but most query results are wrong........................

schgrv, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  7. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is the right answer. Everyone knows that Google changes the index very fast. Other than the high PR site, most of the websites moves up and down after every index change.

When Google took this data, it was correct. But it may change when you query it again. Thats the nature of Google index. If same website will be on top forever, why people will start building new websites with same subject, keywords and why this SEO will take place?

sunil_gupta20801, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  8. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a bit more complicated.
    There are at least three factors that affects your query for a given keyword.
    1) location: you can rank first in one country and nowhere in another.
    2) datacenters: google has more than 700DCs: they are never in sync. According to what datacenter id giving you results, your rank may vary, even in the same country.
    3) google dance: when they tweak their algo, your results may vary in a matter of an hour.
    Geo-location, area targeting, more or less competition for a given keyword, may also affect results.
    Unless you see significant changes in your traffic, just focus on your content and link building. Only top three results usually are more stable, even if lately, I saw a well established pr8 site with 16 million visitors a month being outranked by a pr3 site with almost unrelated/no content. Google nerds are playing with the toy.

guidyy, Jun 6, 2008 IP
    mahendras likes this.
  9. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Webmaster tools is accurate, But it gives you the "top 20" of everything.
    If you want to find out which country you rank the best in, then use the drop down menu..

And if it says that you rank number 10 for "word" in.. .com.au, and you can't find it in the top ten when you do a manual search, go back in to Webmaster tools and check in the drop down menu, because you may rank number 10 for "word" in an image search :)

By default Google gives the top 20 of all searches all over the world and includes Images, mobile images and web search.

Here is a link to a free online tool that checks you SERPS in 38 different places. :D

http://link.ezer.com/tools/google_serps_rank_checker.asp

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jun 6, 2008 IP
    bclassic likes this.
  10. mahendras

mahendras Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Guidyy is right. Things are not stable at google ( they dont need to be i guess), that affects the keyword ranking and their statistics.
    But here, There must be a formula with google to give us a clear vision on where do we stand for our keywords without manual checking.

mahendras, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  11. PeterM

PeterM Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, all my ranking fluctuate quite a lot. The newer sites fluctuate more than older established sites, but even the old sites do fluctuate quite a bit. Traffic tends to fluctuate quite a bit too.. for example, yesterday one of my sites got 200 visitors from G. Two days ago it got 550. The site is 4 years old and well established in the niche.

PeterM, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  12. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi

you can search the query in Google.com like - " free monitor tool for Google "

and download this tool.

this one is best and accurate tool for k/w ranking position.

Alan Smith, Jun 6, 2008 IP