1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Carter to endorse Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Mia, Jun 3, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    One must be concerned when Pat Buchanan has this to say:

I think this is an apt appraisal, from a rightist commentator who had nothing to win by speaking the truth. McCain, while I honor his service to this country, needs a peaceful retirement - not his hands on the trigger of foreign policy.

northpointaiki, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I used to think that way, that way of thinking however is what keeps us with more of the same.

Truthfully now a days picking more of the same is the same as not voting IMO.

Taking a stand is much more important than the 'lesser of two evils'

GRIM, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Then why don't all you Ron Paul supporters encourage him to run as an independent? He's rather independent as it is now.

Mia, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not active in any campaign ;)

Independent or not he still might get my vote..

He's actually got a big following still, can the same be said for the others who didn't get the nomination?

GRIM, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The benefit of running a campaign with a message, with a philosophy, instead of an Obama/Clinton cult of personality, or a Giuliani/McCain campaign of pandering to fear.

Paul doesn't need to run as an Indy. He's already tried that. The debates are actually run by a private company, that exists almost solely to keep the debate between the two major parties.

What Paul has done, is run an insurgent GOP campaign that is reforming the party, while continuing on with free market, constitutional liberty education with the campaign and book tour. He's accomplishing quite a bit without running indy.

Besides, the CP has given it's nomination to Chuck Baldwin and the LP, Bob Barr. Paul wouldn't be able to get ballot access without one of the 3rd parties nominating him, and it's already too late.

guerilla, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  6. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Cause we all know Mia is a racist, why even bother asking?

guru-seo, Jun 4, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was a rhetorical question, in response to a question he posed to me in the Depression thread. :D

guerilla, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  8. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the tool on ignore and ever since my experience in this forum has been quite pleasant. ;)

guru-seo, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mia's been pretty cool lately.

guerilla, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  10. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I just don't see 'cool' and 'Mia' go together in one sentence.

guru-seo, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If you are going to make a statement like that publicly, be prepared to back it up.

:eek:

Mia, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  12. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Mia is right on cue. I heard some right wing guy on Sirius comparing Obama and Carter yesterday afternoon.

I wondered how long it would take him (Jeremy) to get out the trumpet. Kudos, brother!

<clap><clap><clap><clap>

Crazy_Rob, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I've heard several people mention the similarity to me for several months now. Its uncanny...

Anyone remember Carter's reason for being president....;)

Mia, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rob, turn on PMs. I want to talk to you!

guerilla, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Guerilla, I know this is pressing to you, and to be honest I contacted Rob and another mod in the hopes of securing an "adjudication" as you are apparently requesting, so we can all move on. But I say this gently - did it occur to you that the reason Rob might have his PM and e-mail off is because he doesn't want to be gotten a hold of, quite possibly, for issues like this?

Grim, what is your feeling about his foreign policy, specifically, his view on how to handle Iraq?

16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not terribly impressed ;)

GRIM, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  17. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not either. I would have thought, given what I've seen of your views elsewhere, this would have been a big sticking point, that's all.

Thanks for the reply.

18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is, however his immigration policies/stances soured my stance on him well before his Iraq views came into play ;)

--

When I was supporting him 'and the so called repubs were not' I did mostly out of his military service record, his ability in some cases to cross party lines, etc. Also from the lack of other candidates I felt worthy of the office. I will admit much of my support though was based off of if we are going to put another yahoo in office it might as well be someone who earned it.

GRIM, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Another thread, really, I'm sure - but it's been with me for awhile. Bear with me, here.

The idea of low to no government intrusion, at least as it is framed a good deal, is on the premise the market does best - that laissez-faire provides its own corrective to a social ill.

Given this - what is the issue with immigration? Why not just open the borders, in fact, end the borders, end the very idea of a "nation-state" and allow human beings to bargain for labor and employment, unimpinged? Isn't a state stand against illegal immigration interference in the marketplace of human beings providing their labor, and employers deciding who they will employ, and the resultant wage and employment is something arrived at by two free actors?

Not trying to open a can of worms in a thread about Carter and Obama (Mia, as OP, sorry if so - I'd be glad to take this elsewhere), but this issue of immigration and the notion of a free marketplace has been with me for some time. Thoughts?

Initially, and some time ago, now, kind of where I was as well. I actually have a begrudging personal fondness for the guy - but sincerely wish him to retire in peace.

20. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is everyone making it sound like NOT voting is a bad thing or not an option? We have the right to voice an opinion, even if that means purposely NOT casting a vote because either candidate is not up to the job.

Now, I can see not voting out of laziness or not really caring about the future of our country would be different, but people have the right to make their opinion known, even if it's shown through not voting....

I personally respect people more who would rather NOT vote then just vote for their party because "there's no good/better options".....

Firegirl, Jun 4, 2008 IP