1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

UberCamp - Genius

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Nicholas Ho, Jun 3, 2008.

Yo guys,

Saw Paul's blog post today with his latest membership - UberCamp
    Anybody plan to join em'?
    I think it is a genius site, nice site, nice design and nice concept.
    What say you ?

Cheers!

Nicholas Ho, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  2. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like a good idea, although the prices are a bit high... but then again, I think the prices are fair when it comes to trying to maneuver the not-so-serious from the serious want-to-learn internet marketers...

BusinessMinded08, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  3. nickycakes

nickycakes Peon

Best Answers:
    nickycakes, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  4. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I thought he was part of the Clicconsulants that went flop...

While i see selling ebook programs etc how they can be beneficial but as far as forum to share things... ummm i would be willing to bet most of what is shared is old news while it will still be BENEFICIAL for those newbs that signup i bet a lot of the info can be found for free.

I wish him and everyone that signs up the best I hope they all make piles of money.. but as the old saying goes if it sounds to good to be true.....

xboxundone, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  5. Nicholas Ho

Nicholas Ho Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is up to Paul if he wants to make stuff clear whether he made a killing profit or a mere small profit as nickycakes said.
    Anyway nicky ( same name. lol ), thanks for the heads up.
    Anyone have any idea about this UberCamp stuff?

P.S I will make this clear that I am not bashing or going to bash anybody in this thread. Just to share experience with each other.

Nicholas Ho, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  6. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a waste of money. it's nothing you can't get for free, or spend that money and test PPC on your own and learn yourself. If you need a 1-on-1 tutor than you can't think for yourself and affiliate marketing is not for you....

rgordon83, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  7. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    why is it a scam? obviously its pricey, and probably nothing you can't learn on your own...but it seems like it would help lazy people who have money to spend.

mberman84, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  8. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    if ur that lazy you don't belong in AM....

9. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    true, but that doesnt make it a scam

mberman84, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  10. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a scam b/c you're not getting anything worth $5000. Your not getting anything you can't get for free.

It's not a scam in the sense that you pay and then you never hear from the guy again(although, that may be better b/c at least your mind won't be filled with BS), it's a scam in the sense that you are grossly overpaying for something b/c you it's being made to look more valuable than it is.

Sorta like the time my wife paid 3 easy payments of $19.99 for a potato slicer...

11. Joseph Williams

Joseph Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    well if its a good potato slicer...

jk

Joseph Williams, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  12. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    **Love it.

I think I would easily pay someone $5000 for personal consulting, one on one help, expert proven advice, a full treatment for my brand/business/objective... but to sign up to information and dreams is - well - why this industry has a bad rep - monetizing thin air and never looking back at your trail you may leave behind.... I don't know the program nor the person, but it sounds like it needs due diligence, and for 5K I would do - my - diligence..

If you're lazy and expect someone to show up at your door at 10am to teach you all day, this isn't the way to go - though you can get someone like that for a few K for a 3-day crash course ... where do you live I'll pop over say tomorrow?!

NCMedia, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  13. mystickcal

mystickcal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Nickycakes, just so you know, Paul UberCamp has nothing and I mean nothing to do with Click Consultants...In fact, Click Consultants is very much alive. The reason there has been soo much heat about my paid forums is because like you said in your article about UberCamp people join thinking they will learn all these top secret secrets, when in fact really the forum is about helping you along the way. Not providing you with all the answers.

If I was to provide members with all the answers, I'd charge a heck of a lot more than 29.99 a month for access to the forums.

Alot of people have complained because we don't offer refunds, which is fine, as it's clearly mentioned before you sign up and pay...in fact it's mentioned several times on the site.

Again, this has nothing to do with UberCamp, I just wanted to clarify that I didn't rip people off as you have said...there are several members of my forum that has gone on to make over 5k a month with affiliate marketing and have been members since it has opened.

You always have those few bad apples so to say that scream scam the moment they realize they aren't getting everything handed to them on a silver plater...

mystickcal, Jun 3, 2008 IP
    Volknet likes this.
  14. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    Quoted for truth.

It's hilarious how many people want things just given to them without any work or thought on their part.

As far as Ubercamp goes, so far it's just starting but already has some good tips. :)

Volknet, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  15. trigatch4

trigatch4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the exact type of person signing up for UberCramp

And the brilliantly stated reality is:

If you DID sign up because you want everything handed to you on silver platter, you're a lazy idiot who won't make it anyways. Quit now instead of wasting more time and money.

If you signed up looking for the "inside track" to info and specific tips that you won't find anywhere else, I hate to break it to you, but you can probably find it somewhere else. Maybe not the exact same data on the exact same keywords or campaigns or whatever UberKumbaya is offering, but the exact same concepts? Yes. So, you my friend, are also an idiot.

So what is the moral of the story? If you signed up you are an idiot.

trigatch4, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  16. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ianternet, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  17. tmpax

tmpax Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd rather not actually!

tmpax, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  18. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I love your post about GooberCamp, but i have to jump in for Mystyckal and ClickConsultants defense:). Paul was banned from there for couple of weeks.
    I started very successfully Affiliate Marketing career because of that forum. It was not a scam and you had to be a complete ......(i don't know which word to include to not offend some people) to not start making money. You had all the info to start a campaign. Landing pages,costume tracking code, keywords(yes,keywords) and where and how to use this stuff. I guess the people that were asking for a refund on the DP thread, they just didn't have time to implement all this. For $120 for 6 months that i paid, I was more than satisfied from what i learned. I made my money back in one week and now i make a LOT more. It's excellent starting point for noobs or was(i'm not a member there any more, so i don't know how active the forum is right now).

Sorry about this post, maybe off topic, but i had to jump in.:)

speed100, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  19. nickycakes

nickycakes Peon

Best Answers:
    ive had no experience with clickconsultants personally. i was just trying to make the point that paul has been involved in the same type of thing before. the feedback i've been getting from people about clickconsultants and paul is that they felt they were duped as a newbie into wasting money on that forum about a year ago. i have no idea of the status of the forum today. for all i know it could be great, but that wasn't really the point of my posting that link, anyway.

nickycakes, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  20. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to offer my .02 cents... and am NOT defending anyone here.

But why exactly would someone pay $200 a month for a membership to a forum. Sure, it might be a great forum that the guy has started with some insightful information. But still again, your not PROMISED to make any money from it. Although just like PPC, there are risks, and with UberCamp your taking a big risk here too without any promise to come out with anything from it.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? Technically no because for a 1 month period you may be able to soak up more information then you can hold. The thing I am getting at though is that there is a lot of information out there that is free and many different other programs and forums that are more low cost. I am looking at the price a bit as overpricing if you ask me.

And if you have to pay $200 a month to learn something that is out there for free then like it was said once, affiliate marketing is NOT for you. The industry is always changing at a rapid rate and having more then 1 resource then just the UberCamp forum benefits you the most.

So what am I saying...

I am NOT saying UberCamp sucks (not at all.)

However, I am saying it is: Overpriced ... especially for a new forum, and if your trying to weed out the non-serious from the serious, shouldn't you use your own due-diligence instead of using prices for that.

So my take is if your lazy and do got money to burn (even with the weak USD economic issues) then by all mean, knock yourself out. But in the meantime, wait and see how the forum turns out first before investing your hard earned money.

Once again, just my .02 cents...

BusinessMinded08, Jun 4, 2008 IP