1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

StumbleUpon brings me a huge traffic, why?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by chinese-seo, Jun 1, 2008.

One of my website usually has less than 10 visitors daily. But when I check the google analystic today, StumbleUpon has referred about 80 visitors yesterday. I don't understand how it could happen. Is this traffic true? I did StumbleUpon that website yesterday, but can't believe it is true traffic.

Anyone who are familiar with StumbleUpon, can you please explain how it happens?

thanks a lot!

chinese-seo, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  2. SticKer

SticKer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon can get huge traffic to your sites. One of my blog gets around 20-30 visits from stumbleupon alone. I remember a month back I had over 1000 visitors from stumbleupon alone in less than 12 hours. And the article was featured on the buzz page.

SticKer, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  3. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep, when I first started my site I'd be recieving maybe 10UVs a day and then stumble would give me 80 or so in the space of a few minutes. I started a thread a while back here if you're interested in what other people say.

PlateFish, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course it's true. 80 visitors is not that much either.
    You can get thousands of visitors if your content is funny/cool/original.
    Too bad the StumbleUpon traffic is crap and don't convert at all.

zexy, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  5. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Basically Stumble Upon Sucks. It is click through traffic that is untargeted and often leads to nothing more than increasing your bandwidth. The conversion rate is so low that it is more a waste of time than anything. I have seen some articles that I stumbled get 2000 or more hits in a day but I never made any money. After I quit using them, my traffic dropped but my earnings went up.

The only thing that Stumble Upon does is strokes your ego a bit by thinking you are getting lots of traffic to your site.

allout, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  6. X-MEN

X-MEN Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you do something with your visitors. If you provide something valuable for them, it will convert eventhough not much. But if the site does not provide value for visitors, they just take-off immediately. You check it at your analytics stat

X-MEN, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  7. fatum

fatum Peon

Best Answers:
    Stumblers never ever click on ads ! Never !!!

fatum, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  8. placeboeffect

placeboeffect Peon

Best Answers:
    I think part of the problem is that people stretch their sites a bit to get something funny or cool that will be liked by the stumbleupon community, but ideally won't convert into a sale.

Matt

placeboeffect, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I said. But for some reason people continue to promote their sites via SU. Maybe just because it's a very easy way to increase your traffic.

zexy, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  10. northwest

northwest Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Stumbleupon brought me 800 visitors on the day I posted a link. It does not convert. I don't have any newsletter signups yet. I think if I have some signup form to get their emails, I might get some emails.

northwest, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  11. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did stumbling until I discovered youtube. Cha Ching, 3k uniques per day :p

birdsfly, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  12. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    while its nice to see the traffic, that traffic is worthless and don;t comvert to anything. working on SU to get trafic is nothing but a waste of time

sultanofseo, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  13. Breakaway11

Breakaway11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    usually the stumbleupon traffic is garbage but it can make your stats look nice..... if you have a popular stumble article, you will see those same types of results often.

Breakaway11, Jun 2, 2008 IP