1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coop script web requests from my site does not work

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Perrow, Apr 11, 2006.

For the last week or so the co-op script has not worked on my site. I've been forced to remove the ads as it took way too long for the script to time out.

Are you (Shawn) blocking any ip's access to ads.digitalpoint.com?

The following page should show the ads along with some debugging info (url's requested), but shows just a blank page (after it times out).

www.shoplagom dot com/adtest.php

I've confirmed that my host has not changed anything in the server setup and that I'm running the latest version of the script (at least a few days ago).

Perrow, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not being blocked on my end, but it's being blocked somewhere along the route. I tried pinging it from multiple machines on that subnet and none are able to ping it, but I can ping it from machines outside the subnet.

digitalpoint, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  3. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That corresponds with the information I got from my host, he could ping it from one of his connections (the slow old connection) but not from the one the servers use.

I finally got it to work by setting up a proxy script on a another server (doesn't pay for bandwith on either :) ). Will test without the proxy on a regular basis to see if/when the block is released.

Perrow, Apr 12, 2006 IP
    yo-yo likes this.
  4. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't get the site to validate, wich is not that strange considering that I had to use a proxy to reach your server. You would probably have to do the same to validate my site (not that I ask you to set up a proxy for my sake).

I do however wonder how to get this to work. The admin of my servers made two tracert's, one from the server and one from another subnet. I attach the results as a jpeg (thats how he sent them to me, had I got them in text format I would have posted them as such).

Any suggestions about how to get this to work would be appriciated. Getting it to work now would give me more co-op weight than the site's ever had :D

Attached Files:

Perrow, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just tried a traceroute on this end, and I'm seeing the route dying on the other end (yours)...

digitalpoint, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  6. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your time, I guess the fault lies neither at your end or mine, but somewhere in between :( I guess I'll just have to keep trying and see when it starts to work again.

I guess I've used up what I contributed to the new server on support. I'll send a few more to cover my usage ;)

Perrow, Apr 13, 2006 IP