1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get good traffic to new website

Discussion in 'SEO' started by slimbachiya, May 30, 2008.

Hello All,

I am developing new websites (Dynamic in PHP). I am new to SEO. I am a programmer.

I want to get some good traffic to my site. Can any one suggest me steps to get good trffic to new site.

slimbachiya, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks especially from forums are an excellent source of traffic......
    Good Luck!

skypeace, May 31, 2008 IP
  3. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    You can build backlinks through social bookmarking, article submission, directory submission,
    blog posting, and pay per post, you should build backlinks slowly for a new site.

kingofsanda, May 31, 2008 IP
    farrhad likes this.
  4. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically you should concentrate more on SEO, it will be your main source of traffic, same goes for DP :D

locomotion, May 31, 2008 IP
  5. rezx

rezx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, for a starter site, I'd say relying on search engine traffic isn't probably the best possible solution. If your site targets an Adword-competitive keyword/phrase, it might take you a few months to a year to get a consistent stream of search engine traffic from organic listings. You might target long tails, or even some price effective PPC with the major search engines. If you are good in whatever you do, you might write an interesting piece of content and get to the higher pages of the social bookmarking sites. But be consistent with your SEO efforts as you go along till the search rankings reward you. :)

Rez

rezx, May 31, 2008 IP
  6. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today social media Optimization is new trend for getting direct traffic. Social media optimization is helpful for website products and services. This can also help in generating sales.

Alan Smith, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  7. offsitenoc

offsitenoc Peon

Best Answers:
    For a new sites Check your content and use good keywords but keyword stuffing,and collect good PR site links also use Social media optimization its very good and write some blogs,articles,press releases for your sites.

offsitenoc, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. monikajoshi

monikajoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    For a new website, you have to do the effective Social Media Optimization which will help for getting visitors traffic in your website. You can also get traffic from DS, Article, Press Release and Link building. Keep it up.

monikajoshi, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  9. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing, blog (article) marketing and quality comments on high traffic blogs, press releases and of course top rankings for high traffic keywords.
    Forget about social networks, they are very work intensive and the traffic you sometimes get is mostly not really targeted, means useless.

monfis, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  10. maricelanderson

maricelanderson Peon

Best Answers:
    link building is a good technique of SEO. Internet marketing depends on seo ,directory submission and social book marking is equally effective too.

maricelanderson, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  11. amitmax

amitmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do social bookmarking and blog commenting.You ll get result soon.

amitmax, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  12. TheMoneyNetwork

TheMoneyNetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I specially recommend to you to join to a famous social network - like YouTube. Once you have created it, just upload a sort of Trailer about your website (it should be brief but effective) and put a link to the website in the description box. Probably, the first few days you will receive from 0 - 50 views. But in a year, you will receive many views to your website, thanks to the video. But after all, if you want them to stay in your site for many days, you need to have quality content (and if it is fresh, better).

TheMoneyNetwork, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  13. wind2291

wind2291 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you shuould make more and more backlink :)

wind2291, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  14. undermost

undermost Peon

Best Answers:
    Try, viral marketing strategy..!

undermost, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  15. vladthebest

vladthebest Member

Best Answers:
    I would advice you to build up links, firstly using the PR2 PR3 PR4 etc.. So it could be facebook (at least in your info put your page link) - digg, stumbleupon, reddit, delicious, wink and others, these are the major link exchange directories. Try making articles in ezinearticles about your website, don't spam your links, 1 or 2 would be enough, otherwise your article would not be approved. Good Luck!

vladthebest, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  16. steven.francis8@gmail.com

steven.francis8@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Go ahead with twitter. Everyday spend some half an hour. You will surely get good visits from it.

17. capaturtle

capaturtle Member

Best Answers:
    Take time to learn about backlink strategy. It will help you a lot. The other thing is if it is suitable, do some review contest for your website. This is one of the way to get many backlinks :)

capaturtle, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  18. resshin

resshin Member

Best Answers:
    There is so much suggestions here.. I'm a bit confuse.. I am a newbie too..
    I already bought domain with PR 3 and working out to boost the traffics.. but really don't have any guidance what should I do first.. Could someone make any step by step guide here ?

resshin, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  19. alixkc

alixkc Peon

Best Answers:
    For a new website, social media Optimization is new trend for getting direct traffic.Backlinks are an excellent source of traffic.You can also get traffic from Article, facebook, twitter e.t.c

alixkc, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  20. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are alos effective but seo work is much better to generate the traffic, seo work such as forum posting directory submission social bookmarking ,blog posting and article writing.

unknownpray, Aug 25, 2010 IP