1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business Name - Feedback

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Clive, May 30, 2008.

A fairly simple question, what would you associate "Studio Codes" with?

Thanks for the feedback :)

Clive, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. Normac

Normac Peon

Best Answers:
    I get the idea of website templates, since studio suggests design, and coding suggests coding.

Normac, May 30, 2008 IP
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally I'd say it'd go well with a graphic design-type web development site, somethin' along those lines. Studio=graphics, arts. Codes=coding/design, spies.

Just my 2 cents:)

Spider-Man, May 30, 2008 IP
    Clive likes this.
  4. CanadaNick

CanadaNick Guest

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of a movie animation team.

CanadaNick, May 30, 2008 IP
  5. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Alright, so if I wish to associate it with a web development team, then you suggest I probably won't go wrong...

Clive, May 30, 2008 IP
  6. binh

binh Peon

Best Answers:
    It's for programming. Best would be related to .Net Studio and other Integrated Development Environments.

binh, May 30, 2008 IP
  7. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Code is the word that stands out for me. Studio is quite general, doesn't give a sense of what you do although it does have a design, bespoke feel.

emitind, May 30, 2008 IP
    Clive likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you should consider making 'codes' singular (code). Making it plural caused me a little confusion as to what the word meant. Do you sell some discount coupon codes or other celebrity-type information? I would have had no confusion if the name was Studio Code.

On another note, I also would consider making the name "trademark-able" by changing it to a single word: StudioCode. It woulod become a branding mechanism that you could protect legally if you ever got to a certain size and wanted to go after copycats. A good logo designer could also work with the double Cap's to make a nice logo.

Finally, I am assuming that you did some searches for companies with the same name? The most important thing to do is to check with your state office that regulates businesses and incorporations (something like Secretary of State) and be sure that there is not already another company with that name, because you will want to be sure you can use the name in your state of incorporation if you get to the point where you need to incorporate or form a partnership.

By the way, sounds like a cool company. Is it too early to tell us what you plan to do? Any cool jobs lined up?

jrbiz, May 30, 2008 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    The name aims to encompass both design/coding services so I guess this makes it work for the plan.

So we get another vote towards supporting the idea of using the name in connection with design/programming.

Well, I don't think that will ever be the case.

PHP Programming is what we'll be dealing with, "studio" is what we'd eventually call the "artistic" part of the name.

Thanks for your great input, jrbiz. Yes, we did a proper research on this particular name, we have already secured the most common domain names, and will continue to evaluate the the case.

Thanks, we are still considering the name, hopefully we'll get to the point where a clear decision can be made towards using it or not.

Clive, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  10. ACrofford

ACrofford Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a high end web design company to me.

ACrofford, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  11. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    To make sure I didn't muddle my mind, I didn't read any of the above replies.

To me, it sounds like it has something to do with music development and creation.

Norebbo, Jun 4, 2008 IP