1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging strategy

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Lastbutnotleast, May 25, 2008.

Do you have 1 big blog or a few blogs (2/3) on some subjects or do you maximize the number of blogs (with their own domain names and themes)?

My project is to run 5/7 blogs (with daily updates) but I think it is very time consuming, each blog having to be marketed accordingly (design, monetization, links)

On the other hand I do believe it's the best way to maximize the incomes

Any opinion? Any experience to share?

Lastbutnotleast, May 25, 2008 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have minimal blogs at the moment but looking at creating a few more blogs, i believe i can find the time for each if i balance my time.

On completely different topics so i think it can improve chances plus prevents boredom as there is always something different to do.

pipes, May 26, 2008 IP
  3. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    That depends on your capacity and work power , main thing is how many blogs you can update regularly . One blog is better because you can concentrate on it answers other comments and always keep trying new things to make a boost , but you just want money than create some good niche blog get some good pr and traffic sell them in buy sell trade section for good money .

atulperx, May 26, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  4. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do work (and WordPress is a nice tool to use) for money

But I always work with a long term vision (6 months/1 year - this is a long term on the internet) that's the reason why I am into affiliate marketing for years so I will not build a site and sell it

I do believe in the long run, in daily hard work and in websites network with affiliate marketing being the monetization system

Lastbutnotleast, May 26, 2008 IP
  5. brauner

brauner Peon

Best Answers:
    I have resisted starting a second blog. My traffic from search engines, especially Google, is growing quickly. I'm up to 200+ visitors per week compared to 20+ per week in February. If I have more blogs, my efforts may become dilluted. So instead of adding blogs, I'm using my time to write good articles and post more often.

brauner, May 26, 2008 IP
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting issue indeed - Thanks

But if you had time + the concepts + the content, what would you do?

Would you continue to stick to 1 blog?

7. TheCrusader

TheCrusader Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on how you want to target the market. If your market is a huge one and you want to focus just on one for example, internet marketing, you can build a huge blog and work on it to become an authority blog. But if you do not want to put your eggs into one basket and have the search engines change their algorithm and throw you out of the searches, it is more advisable to create niche blogs in different markets.

As for me, I own a network of over 60 blogs and about over 10 of them are authority blogs.

So how do I manage? There are ways to automate the content updating and link building. One major factor is outsourcing. The other is using the right tools and services. ;)

TheCrusader, May 26, 2008 IP
  8. brauner

brauner Peon

Best Answers:
    @Lastbutnotleast Good question. I would start other blogs or perhaps contribute to article sites. But down the road I would reach the point where I was content with my number of blogs and focused on quality.

I'm not looking to spend most of my time blogging. I enjoy consulting and lecturing too.

@TheCrusader That's very impressive.

brauner, May 26, 2008 IP
  9. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting issue too - Thanks

10. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Focus on your main blog, but also start those other blogs. Even if you're not able to pay much attention to them, and can only post/design/market off and on, they will gain value with age. Something is better than nothing.

Chrissy17, May 26, 2008 IP
  11. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good advice indeed

12. Sam 735

Sam 735 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you feel skilled and qualified in blog management you can have up to 5-8 blogs. If not, you'd better to promote one blog...

Sam 735, May 27, 2008 IP
  13. billurell

billurell Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your purpose. My number 1 purpose is not to make money at the moment, but to establish authority and name recognition in my niche. I am a professional, so I am going for transparency to help taking by business online in the future when I retire from my J.O.B. Therefore the vast bulk of my efforts are on creating a single authority site in my niche. I am in it for the long run. Creating an authority site is a great way to go...but you do become 'married' to it so pick something you are passionate about and a subject where you will never lack for content.

billurell, May 27, 2008 IP
  14. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    On this thread the purpose is to maximize the incomes with affiliate marketing and websites publishing with WordPress

Lastbutnotleast, May 27, 2008 IP
  15. harrykool

harrykool Peon

Best Answers:
    really nice topic, one of friend started with one blog. He has a long term plan.
    he emphasis on value creating in the initial month. and as experience expands he
    starting buying new site n blog. Now after 2 years he owns more than 12 blogs n sites and still investing all his earning money in the expanding his business. Now he is Full time Blogger.

harrykool, May 29, 2008 IP
  16. InFlames

InFlames Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several blogs (about 10) and the ones that perform the best are the ones the most focused on one topic, I'd say one product only. If you are targeting only one product I've found you can get good SERPs, your main keyword being the product name. And even if I don't post everyday, sometimes I even don't post in a week, I still get few sales every week. Of course this is how it works for me and affiliate programs I promote.

If you are in a niche with many competitors then it may take longer to see results but it can be more profitable in the long run.

So I'd say that you could have a "main" blog that you may update everyday, and build tiny niche blogs for a specific product, one by one, for testing purpose. With few backlinks and updates you should do well with these small ones.

InFlames, May 29, 2008 IP
  17. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting issue indeed

Some people prefer to push just 1 big blog instead of a few ones

But are you sure that this single blog will perform well for the various keywords good for your business?

I mean maybe it is less time consuming to focus on a single blog BUT it is less efficient if you are working a few high converting affiliate programs on some niches

If you are working a few high converting affiliate programs on some niches you may need to manage a few blogs

I mean: 1 niche = 1 blog + 1 general blog

???

Lastbutnotleast, May 29, 2008 IP
  18. leobaq

leobaq Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you make it grow quickly? :confused:

leobaq, May 29, 2008 IP
  19. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few, but mostly one for business and one for personal items

and then I just put together a Free Wordpress blog if you don't want to host it. :D

Brandon Sheley, May 29, 2008 IP
  20. microbrain

microbrain Banned

Best Answers:
    I have about 12 Blogs on Different Niche , 8 Months ago My income was about $1500/month now it become $1000 a month , and I am curious about the blind future of blogs !

microbrain, May 30, 2008 IP