1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I sthis right ...!?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by eliasmoosa, Apr 8, 2006.

Hi,
    I have many subdomains under the same hosting plan & under 1 dedicated IP ,
    Now I have two site maps under my main domain index page , these two site maps pages :
    1- First site map has all the subdomains URL's .
    2-Second site map has All URL's for the .xml for google and .txt for yahoo for each subdomain(which each has its own .xml & .txt am referring to within its folder) .

The last thing is that I have a link for these (two site maps pages that has all the info above) from all my subdomains index pages ,

Is this a GOOD or BAD structure ? is this cross linking , what do you advice pls ?

Thank you very much

eliasmoosa, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  2. softplus

softplus Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand what you have there ...

but: you need a separate Google Sitemap file per domain (a subdomain is a domain as well -- so one per subdomain). It will fail (with error messages) if you submit a sitemap file with multiple subdomains/domains in it.

You don't have to link to the sitemap file (or the urllist.txt file) from your main page. You're submitting it to Google directly, it is not meant for "human" consumption.

If you want to make a html sitemap file, then that would be something that you could link to from your main page. Depending on how "nice" it is you can either "hide" the link (if it's only for robots; just don't really hide it so that nobody can pull the "you've got hidden links" on you) or show it to everyone. Many sites have html sitemaps which they link to in a sitewide footer. A html sitemap file is a good idea in just about all cases :)

softplus, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  3. eliasmoosa

eliasmoosa Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much

eliasmoosa, Apr 11, 2006 IP