1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are people making much money from squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by teapoint, May 27, 2008.

Squidoo hasn't been hugely successful for me. How about everyone else? Supposedly there are people making hundereds of dollars a month, how is this possible?

teapoint, May 27, 2008 IP
  2. Cali16

Cali16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question (sorry I don't have a brilliant answer!). But I have wondered this too. I have seen people making claims on various forums that they are doing really well with Squidoo...maybe someone here can enlighten us on some tips as to make it really profitable.

Cali16, May 27, 2008 IP
  3. mmslax2

mmslax2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've used Squidoo for a couple months and have probably made $15.00 in Royalities. I've also made 3 sales on CB via squidoo which has gotten me over $84.00. I say that Squidoo is pretty reliable.

mmslax2, May 27, 2008 IP
  4. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    How long have you been doing it for?

Reprobate, May 27, 2008 IP
    freelancer4hire likes this.
  5. seomemory

seomemory Peon

Best Answers:
    I made $293 last month from Squidoo. Lots of content is key

seomemory, May 28, 2008 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    it's hard to say. I stopped using their modules and started using feeds, or pointing to my sites, so I've been getting sales that way. I've completely dropped Amazon Associates, it is the worst affiliate program on earth.

Pixelrage, May 28, 2008 IP
  7. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the difference between writing content in squidoo and writing content in you own blog?

nicogranelli, May 28, 2008 IP
  8. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I have always wondered!

GreenLantern, May 28, 2008 IP
  9. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Feel free to check out my Work at Home with Squidoo lens. It contains my actual earnings including screen prints. My best month earned my over $700. Gotta love Christmas! :)

Janet, May 28, 2008 IP
  10. nicogranelli

nicogranelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Readying a little bit from squidoo I found this:

If I wont get the 100% of the money generated by the clicks I get in my "lens", squidoo should help me A LOT with traffic. If not, there is not a good idea write lens instead of writing in you own blog.

or am I missing something?

nicogranelli, May 29, 2008 IP
  11. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I just made a couple of lenses and was frustrated that I couldn't get much traffic to them, and they've only earned a couple of dollars since about January.
    Is that direct from squidoo royalties or are you promoting your own affiliate programs? How many lenses do you have and could you share some of your secrets to success? ;)
    Wow, I read through your lens and I'm impressed. How much time do you spend maintaining/creating your squidoo lenses? I'd love to be able to earn $100 per month in squidoo royalties, but I'm sure it takes a lot of hard work to achieve that.

teapoint, May 29, 2008 IP
  12. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good idea to do both. I have a blog as well which doesn't earn me anywhere near what Squidoo does, but I only just recently started it. So, I don't know yet how much it will earn for me.

I spend a lot of time on Squidoo, but a lot of that time is spent playing around and chatting in the forums. Squidoo is just a fun place to be. As far as actually working on my lenses, it depends. Sometimes only a few hours/day and sometimes much more. I think $100/month is easy enough to achieve. The key is to write about topics that interest you and create a niche of lenses around that topic. Also, try to write about a unique topic and not one that has been done time and time again. Good luck!

Janet, May 29, 2008 IP
  13. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    You're a real inspiration Janet, thanks for sharing with us. When my exams are over I think I'll have another crack at squidoo, then I'll try harder and set myself a goal of $100/month.

teapoint, May 29, 2008 IP
  14. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, teapoint! Be sure to come over and visit us in the SquidU forums. Some of the most successful lensmasters on Squidoo are regular posters in the forums. It is a great place for information and tips. Plus, we are also a fun bunch of people. :)

Hope to see you there!

Janet, May 29, 2008 IP
  15. joelmr

joelmr Banned

Best Answers:
    Squidoo ranks better in search egines.

joelmr, May 29, 2008 IP
  16. FlipSquare

FlipSquare Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm bombarded with SPAM on Squidoo, at least it used to be that way. I've stopped visiting.

FlipSquare, May 29, 2008 IP
  17. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    I do get the occasional spammy comment in my guestbook, but I definitely wouldn't say I am "bombarded".

Janet, May 29, 2008 IP
  18. thechilli

thechilli Peon

Best Answers:
    I havent made much in terms of royalties from squidoo but I did make about $30 from a CB sale last week - which was a nice suprise

thechilli, May 29, 2008 IP
  19. FlipSquare

FlipSquare Guest

Best Answers:
    Not just that, but spam lenses altogether. You can barely trust the content there.

FlipSquare, May 29, 2008 IP
  20. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think most people are building Squidoo pages to then link to their own sites (or affiliate links) and are earning money that way. That can definitely earn $$$ if your lenses get ranked well in Google.

As for the Adsense revenue sharing through Squidoo, you probably won't make much money with that unless you have tons of lenses that get tons of visits. (And even then, you'd probably make more money by pushing the traffic to your own affiliate links.)

P.S. Listen to Janet, her lenses are superb :)

MTbiker, May 29, 2008 IP