1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kattposh43, May 28, 2008.

The process of SEO is not easy to tackle, largely because so many pieces of a site factor into the final results.

SEO is a long-term process, both in application and results - those who expect quick rankings after completing a few suggestions in their website will be deeply foiled.

Patience is not the only virtue that should be used for successful SEO. The strategy itself must have a strong foundation in order to succeed.

The best sites adhere strictly to these guidelines:

1) Unique Content - Something that has never before been offered on the web in terms of depth, quality or presentation (i.e. a unique value proposition)

2) Access to an Adoptive Community - Connections or Bonds with people/websites in an existing online community that is ready to accept, visit and promote your offering

3) Link-Friendly Formatting - Even the best content may be unlikely to be linked to if it displays ads, particularly those that break up the page content or pop-up when a visitor comes to the site. Use prudence in presenting your material and remember that links are one of the most valuable commodities a site/page can get and they'll last far longer than a pop-up ad's revenue.

4) Legal Plan - Intelligent systems for legal powerful content must exist, or bandwidth, hosting and development costs will eventually overrun your budget.

5) Market Consciousness - If your site is targeting highly competitive terms you should make available, an online marketing budget, including funds for link purchasing, and hire or consult someone experienced in bringing newer sites to the top of the SERPs

If There are any other guidelines Kindly List Down Here so that it may be usage for the New Members

Thanks in Advance

kattposh43, May 28, 2008 IP
    webcosmo likes this.
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you want result early,then it is better to target low traffic keyword.

eric_wahlberg, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You really are an absolute pest.
    Why do you keep c&ping bits from other people's articles?
    Cutting out a few lines doesn't make it your content.
    http://www.seomoz.org/article/bg7
    You don't even understand the articles you copy.

magda, May 28, 2008 IP
    evpstud and sweetfunny like this.
  4. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Well spotted Rep added, i thought it looked familiar.

At least link to the source OP, Rand is a member here also just for your info.

sweetfunny, May 28, 2008 IP
  5. alvis

alvis Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword reseach is very important factor for seo. so first of all find right keyword for your site so that you can get high ranking within less time please keep in mind KEI.

alvis, May 28, 2008 IP
  6. evpstud

evpstud Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah good catch magda. I'm guessing that the poster is a non-native English speaker who is being hired to post in the forum so they take whatever info they can find and post it.

evpstud, May 28, 2008 IP
  7. zurk

zurk Banned

Best Answers:
    lol :)
    But what if he's only a beginner in SEO and does not know much. I can see there is no signature or any url in his post. Anyway you still should have included the resource :p

zurk, May 28, 2008 IP
  8. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    That's the problem, people who know absolutely nothing about SEO grabbing stuff from anywhere and presenting it here as a guide or how to when there may be nothing remotely correct in it.

I've seen things posted here which can actually harm a site, followed by 20 people saying "wow thanks i'm going to try this out" all because the OP has no clue what they are writing or pasting here from elsewhere.

sweetfunny, May 28, 2008 IP
  9. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol I see these "getting caught" things quite often now at DP:)

webcosmo, May 28, 2008 IP
  10. reverse

reverse Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol broke rule number 1

>> Unique Content

reverse, May 28, 2008 IP
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stealing could be ok if not caught. :)

webcosmo, May 28, 2008 IP
  12. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    What do you mean, stealing of content? I think google will gives higher value to the original content.

tsukara, May 28, 2008 IP
  13. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:

LOL.. it's easy to find if the post content is a duplicate. Search the first sentence to Google and then you will find the original, if the post is a duplicate itself. So i would suggest that you do your own post, be unique and make quality post.

I'm sure kattposh is ashame of himself right now. I will never forget this guy.

JessieJames27, May 28, 2008 IP