1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Answer to How Google Gets Revenue From Blogger

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by profs77, Apr 10, 2006.

Its easy, but an age old question: How does Google collect revenue from Blogger?

Google earns a portion of the advertising revenue on sites with Google Adsense. Think about all the blogs on blogger with Google Adsense. Blogger's got to be bringing in at least a million dollars a year in revenue for Google.

profs77, Apr 10, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  2. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    no shit sherlock.

Dekker, Apr 10, 2006 IP
    cormac and lorien1973 like this.
  3. writingzen

writingzen Peon

Best Answers:
    A million seems low, I would bet it is a lot more than that, especially with all the people who don't even bother having their own websites and just earn adsense money via blogs only.

writingzen, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  4. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    don't forget they make it ridiciliously easy to get an account through your blogger account.

Dekker, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  5. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    One question though. If your theory is correct, why is Blogger deleting a lot of splogging accounts then?

SkiRat44, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  6. writingzen

writingzen Peon

Best Answers:
    User backlash. Quality blogs, or at least with some half-ass content, good.

Splogs that are obviously done as splogs, bad.

They are publicly traded and I imagine field a bucketload of complaints from all the trigger-happy people that like to report splogs, so even though Google is also earning money through splogs they have to be rational and delete the excess.

Plus a lot of people seem to forget that you don't get your Adsense checks from google, but instead from people who are spending money with google. Piss those people off, you don't make money and google doesn't make money.

Reading some of the threads (not this one, but some of the others), posters act as if Google is giving them money via Adsense. Google gives out nothing that it hasn't already collected from users advertising via Adwords. Adsense is not manna from the sky but instead is money earned by promoting what someone else is advertising.

What I would like to see are the stats on Adwords Publishers who turned off the content feature for their ads because of splogs.

writingzen, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  7. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too. I totally agree that this has happened.

SkiRat44, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  8. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just got started with adwords, but so far I'm not too satisfied. I just enabled my ad for google search and enabled it for all countries. Out of CTR is like 1.5% out of 30 clicks, I only got 5 clicks on my adsense ads which are like conversions to me which I am not satisfied with. 5 clicks probably averaging 10 cents each and I paid for about 10 cents on 30 clicks.

I put my adwords on pause until I can figure out a way to make it more profitable.

profs77, Apr 14, 2006 IP