1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Say you had a 100 blogs

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alfredn, May 26, 2008.

All domain names, what would you do with them? Would they be all around the same niche or split into different niches?

I don't have 100 blogs or anything but I thought it'd be interesting to see other poeples thoughts,

Thanks

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  2. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Holy crap, I'd need to hire people to work on them. I'd split them up and test each niche to see which one works the best. That many blogs would be hard to maintain.

clinton, May 26, 2008 IP
  3. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops I should have mentioned people are already blogging them all for you but this isn't the issue since you have the money to pay for it lol.

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  4. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Their are some silent user on dp who are having 100+ blogs but i think most of them are running with auto pilot scripts . To keep them updated we need some good amount of money but yes once they get some popularity we can earn large amount from them too .

atulperx, May 26, 2008 IP
  5. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really not a hundred blogs guy, I always focused on one and went ahead to build it, increase its quality overtime and space. Mainting more than 3 blogs regularly by someone alone is just not possible. One good quality post takes one hour of your time to build, assign tags, categories, pictures, downloads, links and what not. And if you are designer like me, then one post takes a week to compile up properly lol. A blog is supposed to be a personal thing, thats the whole motto of blogging anyway!
    If I had 100 blogs, I honestly would merge everything into one and make one special ungodly blog! Lol

godsofchaos, May 26, 2008 IP
  6. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    Comon, play with it here! 100 blogs, not 1 ;p

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  7. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I had 100 blogs, I'd probably split them among a few niches, maybe five different ones. There's only so much you can say about one subject and I would try to keep them from competing with each other, if possible.

latoya, May 26, 2008 IP
  8. Darkness

Darkness Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you have other people to write on them I'd put each one in a different niche. If you have 2 blogs in 1 niche one will compete with the other and as long as one of your blogs in a niche is the best why do you need two? So go for each blog with a different niche.

Darkness, May 26, 2008 IP
  9. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    O, lets add some spin to this, let's say you actually had the money as before but were testing the waters on using rss and/or auto-pilot rewriters. Would you do it? You know that money could always go to something else tsk tsk.

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  10. Darkness

Darkness Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, as long as I credited the original authors and linked to them.

Darkness, May 26, 2008 IP
  11. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would I do with 100 blogs? Nothing! I could setup that many blogs on my host in a few hours.
    If all 100 were getting traffic then thats a different story. I would use them to promote my best selling products.

MarketExpert, May 26, 2008 IP
  12. MrMotown

MrMotown Banned

Best Answers:
    Sell em? hahahah joking, i'd do different niches

MrMotown, May 26, 2008 IP
  13. cobracrk

cobracrk Banned

Best Answers:
    Why would you need 100 blogs?
    Why not invest your time and money into some big site, promote it hardly and make real money from it?

People are allways trying to get a fortune, out of nothing, in short time...well, that's not likely...
    In 1-2 years you'll be able to have a stable online bussiness..

cobracrk, May 26, 2008 IP
  14. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    ...uhm I never said I'd do this? Please read my thread, this is just if you had some, you know.

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  15. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope! I'm constantly finding my articles on someone's auto-piloted blog and I cannot stand it. People say "Oh, at least you've got a backlink." WTH is a PR0 backlink going to do for my PR6 website?

Besides my personal vendetta against blog auto-pilots, I don't think it does readers justice to simply give them a blurb and a link somewhere else. What's the value for them coming to your site? If you're going to link off somewhere else, at least give some commentary about what you're linking to.

latoya, May 26, 2008 IP
  16. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Briefly what would I do,

All the blogs would be focused on certain keywords mostly related to each other but not the same keyword. 100 Blogs = 100 unique content every week. That is rough job would need assistance. After 1-2 months later with a decent traffic i would change all the blogs redirecting to one site but again the content of each blog related to the site would stay. 100 blogs = 1 site = 1 blog = 100 blogs of content on one site.

So all the partial traffic would come to one hand and would be easy to control no loss .

That's what I do usually. I buy blogs and start enhancing them to redirect to another site that is related to the site content of the blog before.

It also reduces your hosting expenses and most important reduces time spent on each blog.
    The revenue doesn't change the traffic even increases more then it used to.

But don't forget don't do url redirect do content redirect. url redirect causes you to loose organic traffic.

hlln, May 26, 2008 IP
  17. alfredn

alfredn Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, I hate auto-pilot blogs as well, their unreadable and you just don't get anything from it :/.

alfredn, May 26, 2008 IP
  18. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Uhoh. Sneaky redirects is against Googles rules. Your risking getting your blogs deindexed completley.

SE spiders and endusers must see the same thing.

MarketExpert, May 26, 2008 IP
  19. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    At one point i thought about this. Mine was involving 100+ 5 page websites. I was using expression templates etc and just creating small info sites. But it was making me plenty of money in the niches i was using. But i lost interest and canned it.

PeoplesArcade, May 26, 2008 IP
  20. MatthewDP

MatthewDP Member

Best Answers:
    I'd sell them off one at a time and cash in!

MatthewDP, May 26, 2008 IP