1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

30% of Americans under 30 get their news from Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Cyrus255, Apr 9, 2006.

Scary fact.

More than 30 percent of Americans under 30, rely on Comedy Central for their news. Particularly John Stewart. No wonder they can have opinions completely devoid of fact, with no sources as backup.

I'm under 30, I watch Colbert Report because Stephen has a healthy taste of humour, but can't stand John Stewart's elitism. John Stewart, doesn't even make jokes! He just uses sarcasm, and snyde elite comments!

Anyways, opinions anyone?

Cyrus255, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  2. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    to each his own, but i think sarcasm is the best kind of humor :)

anyway i do agree that it is sad how uninformed most americans are.

kkibak, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  3. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The kind of uninformed americans who watch John Stewart and laugh when he talks about how ignorant most americans are?

Cyrus255, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Self-loathing is the only thing liberals are good at.

I suppose it could be worse. They could be getting news from alex jones :eek:

GTech, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  5. Cyrus255

Best Answers:
    Was... that... a deliberate poke??? He is a bit paranoid. But then Alex also finds some really great facts like in his interview with Gergen about Bohemian Grove... Gergen basically admits he partakes in it, which does give credibility to his story, but then Alex goes off on conspiracies that I don't believe half-heartedly. Atleast, we'll see if he's right on May 1st.

If you lived in Texas, you'd know... come to Austin, where the college actually had a class in spanish called "Studies of Aztlan" where the teacher advocated killing white males 16 and above. Alex organized a protest against Aztlan, and the news actually took his "tyranny response team" members and made it look like they were against him, etc. in the "minutemen protests". The news said Hispanics came to protest him. When really, they came to protest the removal of the Aztlan class.

FOX NEWS, by the way. The reporter was hispanic and she was constantly blinking and leaning forward. Common signs of lying.

As for self-loathing, there is a psychological analysis that says Hollywood Actors are prone to self-loathing because they became the thing the hated when they were younger.

i.e. Starving artist who hates capitalism becomes rich artist. Rich artist pretends to be better than capitalists so they are not hated by their adoring fans.

Cyrus255, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    A bit paranoid? I'd hate to see him stoned. He's the epitome of a nutjob. Do a search on some of my posts here about him. I've never seen a fact by him. There's a few young angry white males with low IQs here that worship him.

GTech, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  7. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    point taken, but i don't think you're really making a strong argument here. they are some of the ignorant americans... but i don't know how much more reliable fox news is than the daily show. one uses a sense of humor. the other promotes the political beliefs of its owners without a sense of humor. that's the only difference i see.

kkibak, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  8. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Jon Stewart is sexy. I also watch Anderson Cooper because he is sexy as well :p

Dekker, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    you guys use the world elite, like its a bad thing

I am proud to be more "elite" then most people, its good to be well educated, have a good job etc

ferret77, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  10. VISTREL

VISTREL Peon

Best Answers:
    The two channels I watch 99% of my time are History channel and CC. Reno 911, South Park, Jon Stewart Show, Colber Report - all of these rock.

VISTREL, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  11. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    kalius, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  12. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    kkibak, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  13. CyberBrian

CyberBrian Peon

Best Answers:
    You beat me to it!

I'm not sure I believe that 30% under 30 get their news from the Daily Show. I think that in order to get a lot of the jokes you need to pay attention to the (real) news.

Its possible that whatever poll was used to get those numbers was worded to get a response bias or the results were interpreted incorrectly.

For example, if the questions were asked "What television show(s), if any, do you watch regarding the news: 1) ABC/NBC nightly news 2) CNN/FOX/MSNBC nightly news or 3) the Daily Show and/or the Colbert Report."

30% of those under thirty may only select #3 because they use sources like the newspaper (or more likely) the Internet for their main source of news.

Without seeing the actual poll data, its hard to say what those numbers really mean.

CyberBrian, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  14. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I’m not the least surprised.

Emperor, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  15. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If 30% of people under 30 watched the daily show it would be one of the HIGHEST RATED shows on TV and South Park would not be comedy centrals most watched TV show....

I'm calling your "scary fact" BOGUS :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  16. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who took the survey, Seventeen Magazine

In some way this was basied.

nate_king1, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  17. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is. He doesn't even provide a source for his stupid claims.

yo-yo, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  18. Cyrus255

Best Answers:
    Did I say I watch Fox News?! Even Fox is entrenched in the elitist lies that invaded most other news outlets. Bush and Kerry are best buds. There's a false left-right view that distorts american's abilities to find the truth because they're too busy hating each other.

Why do Liberals and Conservatives hate each other so vividly when George Bush Senior and Bill Clinton are golf buddies?

Cyrus255, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  19. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    What's happning on May 1st?

mopacfan, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  20. Cyrus255

Best Answers:
    Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. This was all over the news. CNN reported it, MSNBC, etc. I made the mistake of thinking you were informed.

They have a liberal slant, mind you, so stop insulting random people.

IF YOU Don't BELIEVE SOMETHING Provide COUNTER-FACTS INSTEAD OF INSULTS TO EVERYONE.

That's not how you debate!

Cyrus255, Apr 10, 2006 IP