1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bluefind Directory

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by GuyFromChicago, Jun 12, 2004.

1. WilliamC

WilliamC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WilliamC, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    ddn and GRIM like this.
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  3. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    Your search - cache:http://www.bluefind.com/tos.php - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
    - Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    - Try different keywords.
    - Try more general keywords.

WilliamC, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I see the cached copy.

Attached Files:

• bfc.JPG
      bfc.JPG
      File size:
      75 KB
      Views:
    GuyFromChicago, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Some pages are still cached by google but results can be different depending on the various data centers.

Bl's range from 303 to 377 and pages cached range from 19700 to 64300 (mcdar.net)

But the bluefind web directory is not what it used to be.. Found another internal page still with pagerank. http://www.bluefind.com/dir/7547.php

Also noticed that alexa.com has a pr0, some internal pages like: http://www.alexa.com/browse?&CategoryID=71t still has a pr5.

But it's not uncommon that the homepage has a lower pr than internal pages, seeing it around the internet alot these days..

What is said before is that pr is not really that important anymore.

WhatiFind, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  6. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dominic, Apr 9, 2006 IP
    Cricket likes this.
  7. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes but the internal pages are still PR0

Mel, Apr 9, 2006 IP
    compostannie and tpn87 like this.
  8. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you check the robots.txt you'll see why - crawling is blocked.

User-agent: Googlebot
    Disallow: /dir
    Disallow: /add

CReed, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  9. Dominic

Best Answers:
    Good to see someone read John's explination.

Dominic, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  10. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    was it given its PR back after contacting google or did it happen by itself?

onedollar, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  11. Dominic

Best Answers:
    It was returned during the latest PR update, so whatever occured prior to this e.g. John contacting them or whatever, it updated along with everyone elses.

Dominic, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  12. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    I would be interested in hearing Johns explanation of why when it was originally penalized, right up until the past month, he stated to all the disgruntled people that he no longer owned it, that it was not his fault that he kept taking their money when he knew months in advance it was on googles shortlist.

Now all of a sudden he owns it again and is going to be updating it?

Too funny.

WilliamC, Apr 10, 2006 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  13. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quite a collection of dumb statements there, William.

1. I never knew it was on Google's short list, and neither did Google. Until recently I thought it was penalized because of our aggressive link buying, but now I have been informed that it was the fact that we sold the database of categories and it was a duplicate content issue.

We removed the duplicated categories from Google and voila, we got PR back.

2. Disgruntled clients? Nope, the only "disgruntled" I have is a disgruntled stalker - you. It's supremely entertaining in a morbid way the way you spend money to build and promote John Scott hate sites.

Anybody who was not happy and requested a refund got one. I think there may have been 4 or five people who requested refunds.

We also issued a few refunds to people who complained, but did not ask for refunds.

When I sell a majority interest in a site or buy a majority interest back, I do not necessarily announce it to the world. A lot of businesses work like that. In fact, of the three web directory sales I know of, every one has had a NDA associated with it.

Having said that, I do believe that I announced at the time that we re-acquired BlueFind, which was many months ago.

Ditto, Will. :)

JohnScott, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  14. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    You damn well know it was for selling links based on pagerank.

You knew it then when at least 10 threads in various forums all started by different people who started seeing issues.

And you knew it when some of us told you it was going down.

That was MONTHS before the full effect of the penalties was seen by everyone. In that entire time you kept arguing that nothing was wrong. Then when it was apparent that something was wrong you started stating you no longer owned it anymore.

John, I actually do not mind the fact that you made a mistake. What I cared about was the constant lying about it over months and months just to keep taking peoples money.

To be quite honest, I do not own those. However I do host them, and I may have given the person some documentation, such as criminal records. So far as yet, I have not seen anything on them that is untrue and actionable. I think the fact that you have not done anything about them shows that..

That would not surprise me, what I want to know is what about all the poor sobs who bought that did not know enough to complain loudly enough to get a refund.

Kindly point out where that was done. The first anyone seems to know about it is when you announced that you would be updating the site. Which was after google lifted the penalty, which it always does after an arbitrary time, assuming you have stopped selling links on the site based on PR. Do I have personal experience with that? hell yes.

So much for dumb statements eh John?

WilliamC, Apr 12, 2006 IP
    NevDull and tpn87 like this.
  15. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    William, this has always been your problem. You go make statements as fact without any regard for the truth. Like when you announced that SearchEngineJournal was going to PR8 in the next update, and it didn't. You base your brash statements on nothing more than a poor understanding of search engines, and you go opening your mouth and time and again you put your foot in it.

You had no idea why BlueFind was zinged, and neither did I. You can assume, and so can I. Just don't state as fact your own assumptions. IT tends to get you in a lot of trouble.

I never lied about a thing. Are you saying I lied?

LOL! William, you are a liar to the core. If I am wrong, sue me for libel. I say right here you are a liar.

You proved it time and again. That made up phone call to Japan takes the cake, or maybe the imaginary 11 million uniques per month. Don't know which, but please don't use the word "honest". You are such a liar that people assume you are lying even when you aren't.

I think you do own them. Whoever owns them is obviously too much of a coward to put their name on them, and you definitely fit the bill there.

I wouldn't want those sites removed. They are a beautiful testemant to your illness and you pathology. They have done more damage to you than I ever have. :)

You can go find it yourself. You are the only one who seems to have been in the dark.

And no, I never sold links based on PageRank.

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/000604.html

16. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    Actually, as I recall, that thread was in regards to "future pagerank" tools. And the one I chedked said PR8. If you cant handle that, sorry.

I will agree it was assumption. One shared by almost everyone who had anything to say about it way back then. The only ones were you and a few of your "mods" saying different, John. Hey, where is jazzee lately? i do not see her backing up your every claim anymore. Or how about Mr. Allison? Funny how when people really get to know you, they seem to disapear or come out with their real feelings isn't it?

John, I have never said you were seo stupid or that you did not understand the engines. Knowing that, and the fact that the writing was very clearly on the wall, yet you still kept saying everything was allright to sell links on that site, leaves little to doubt.

Quit hiding behind japanese corporations and put up real whois info here in the USA. I will be happy to do a lot more than just sue you for libel :)

Come on John, only crooks hide, did you not say that a few hundred times in the past?

Then why did you call me the next day about my call to Japan, johnboy?

you remember, when I laughed at you, told you to talk to my lawyer, and hungup in your face? :)

Oh, you mean the 11 million a month that 2 people were given access to the stats and confirmed on your own forum? Yeh that would be hard to believe. What you thought I would give you access? yeh right.

Fantastic. You are of course, wrong, but thats fine too, sue me as the host if its lies. :)

That is funny being in this thread where it is ME that said something about you. I hide things? Not likely John. I am right here telling it as it is mate.

#1. You have not done anything, so doing more would not be difficult at all for anyone.

#2. I do not own them, but I do get to hear all the laughing due to people thinking I do, and I must say, it warms my heart and reminds me why I host them. And will continue to host them as long as they stay truthful. Do I feel its a hate site? No, not knowing who owns them. I do feel the site(s) are truthful however.

john John John, everyone knows you were blustering about the PR8 and going on and on about it, while in the midst of saying "buy links there". You did indeed sell links that were based only on pagerank, you may not have intended to, but i think we both know differently.

Sorry John, but you can try to twist words all you like. They still don't stand up.

17. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll take you up on that, William. Scott Media Inc is a Washington corporation. I have residence in Washington.

You announced two years ago that you were suing me, what happened? I was living in Seattle until recently.
    No, the thread was about SearchEngineJournal's PR.

You could have just done your homework before assuming things and stating them as fact.

I have to admit I only knew Mr Allison for a few months, but I assume he still lives in Spokane. Jazzee lives in PA to the best of my knowledge.

If you think the whois is false, call the damn phone number. I'll answer the phone.
    Nobody ever confirmed anything of the sort.

William, there you go lying again. You called Japan, made up a conversation, I called you to call you on your lies and you shit your pants and hung up.

Yeah, I didn't hide the fact that we had PR8. But I stated clearly that people should not buy listings for PageRank.

You are telling me who owns those sites? I don't see it.

Again, misinformation. I announced the overhaul and redesign on 03-11-2006.

BlueFind got PR back on 04-04-2006.

Colleen and minstrel like this.
  18. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, perfect... the WilliamC - MelC tag team is back... :rolleyes:

Can PhilC and JanethC be far behind? :eek:

What a total joke you people are.

minstrel, Apr 12, 2006 IP
    jim likes this.
  19. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    And hiding behind a japanese corporation.

No, the thread was about SearchEngineJournal's PR. [/quote]

Maybe you just missed the 2 parts that said "judging by" and "you SHOULD" and just interpreted the post as fact. Somehow I doubt that tho.

Nice try tho, Johnny. :)

Now no Johnboy, you know damn well I meant where are they as entails your forum and backing up everything you say. :)

Didn't you drop Jazzee off in PA, while she was pregnant with your son, and have not even seen your son? Basically abandoned him. Notice those are questions because that may just be rumor.

If I said it was false then my bad, I dont recall calling it that tho. I seem to recall i said you were HIDING behind a japanese corporation. Same difference really.

You mean you deleted the posts where they did? You know damn well 2 people in fact saw the webalizer stats and confirmed the numbers.

LOL. There you go twisting things again Johnboy. You know damn well all that transpired was me laughing in your ear and telling you to talk to my lawyer. But at least now yu admit here that I did in fact call Japan. At first you said I made that up, which is it John? I mean it sure seems like you can not seem to keep your facts straight.

I never said you tried hiding the fact it was a PR8. Or that that PR8 was purchased. What I said was, you kept going on and on about the PR8 while in the middle of telling people to buy links. Together those say "buy a link on my PR8".

Nice try again, but the sites PR changed in march in the PR export that happened directly before bigDaddy, before that export mainly got wiped during the BD rollout. In fact it was showing on the known BigDaddy datacenters for a month before the newest PR export.

As said before, i have never called you seo stupid, so it is a good bet you saw all this while it was happening.

Trying to word it so that what you say is not actually lying, but gives the impression that you just did not know wont cut it here. Not when you want everyone to think you know what you are doing.

20. WilliamC

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I dont seem to recall Mel getting into this debate that john and I are having. I seem to recall him having made a single post of his own stating simply that the "inside pages were still PR0" that had nothing to do with what john and I are discussing really. I surely do not see Phil or janeth here. Maybe you need some time on your own couch. :)

To me, people who feel they can not contribute anything but silly flames or useless banter are the jokes.