1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERIOUS - Not able to Contact Paypal Phone Support - Need urgent Help

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by chillingbreeze, May 25, 2008.

Hello,

I need immediate help as paypal phone support is behaving weird.

They ask me to speak out or enter my phone number. When I speak they say (Sorry, I DIDN"T UNDERSTAND) when I enter through phone keypad 9 STIll they say ( SORRY, I STILL DIDN"T UNDERSTAND ( what the hell man) I have tried more than 40 times since yesterday.

I am calling from same number the one I have entered into paypal details.

I have tried entering with Area code i.e. 91-98******** ( They say, They didn't understand)

I tried entering just phone number without area code.. still they say They didn't understand :( I have tried everyway out.

I need an urgent help because my Indian bank account has stopped the transaction of a big amount and they are asking for the transaction reference number that I can get only from paypal. In transaction details, paypal just give unique transaction ID and it is of no use to my bank.. ( It is HDFC Bank)

They are neither sending the money back to paypal account nor forwarding to my bank account :(

Its been more than 10 days I have been waiting and now this is the issue.

I need to contact paypal phone support immediately but they are just STUCK at phone number and then say.. Our offices are closed :(

I would really be thank ful to anyone who is able to help me out in calling paypal or I can try some other number if available ( Wish they don;t behave weird again on phone number issue)

Please suggest me..

Thanks a lot

chillingbreeze, May 25, 2008 IP
  2. YIAM

YIAM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    YIAM, May 25, 2008 IP
  3. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have read many thread on the same issue but my case is different. My bank officials have simply denied to process the amount into my account unless i give them the reference number.

Neither they will transfer back to paypal nor they are going to put into my account.

:(

4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    On what date did u initiated the transfer?

getjimmy, May 25, 2008 IP
  5. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know what you mean by "they are just 'STUCK' at phone number" :confused:. But if you get a recording saying their offices are closed, then call them when they are open. Copied and pasted their hours, from their site, below:

If the automatic prompt service is not recognizing your phone number then I think you can press 0 and it'll take you straight to a customer service representative. I THINK - not sure. Just try it (when they are open). Whatever the case you have to provide them with the exact number on your account. If you log in and scroll down to the contact link and click it then click on the link to contact them by phone, you'll be presented with the information you need to have when making the call. And that information includes your phone number. Press that on the keypad in a steady pace exactly as you see it on the screen as that's the number PayPal associates with your account. I don't know if that's really the problem with you not successfully getting through. But see if it is when they are open. However, if you say you get a message saying their offices are closed then looks like you made it through. I don't really know, you've said a lot of things.

So since apparently you are in a different timezone than PayPal, convert your time: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

And make sure you are awake to call them when they are open. If this issue is that important to you, you will make it so you are awake and available to call them during their business days AND business hours.

Nobody is going to be able to call PayPal on your behalf about your account. PayPal will give account assistance, but ONLY to the accountholder of the account in question. All the best.

CU_Designs, May 25, 2008 IP
    AaRGeE likes this.
  6. chillingbreeze

Best Answers:
    May 15th. But issue is with my bank account only. They need the reference number of paypal transaction. And they will not process until I give them that ref number :(

CU_Designs likes this.
  7. chillingbreeze

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help.

But I have tried calling them at their business hours only. I am entering the phone number exactly the way it is written. I am wondering if I need to speak or type that "+" too. And actually I did that to. Called them more than 40 times now, but poor service.

Though I didn't try the 0 thing yet that can let me talk to the customer care executive straight away.

By this "they are just 'STUCK' at phone number"; I meant to say they are not able to recognise my phone number, talking about account is a faraway issue :(

AaRGeE likes this.
  8. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see ..
    Dont worry .. its a paypal Bot .. i tried to call them via my mobile and i entered my phone number still the bot said it doesnt understand ..

I tell you a sweet little trick to get the HUMAN representative

Install Skype : http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/windows/downloading/

Get a Id for Skype (and Mic and Headphone)

Call Paypal .. +18882211161 (Its Toll Free)

When you call on it .. let the bot speak and dont say anything. You will be automatically transferred to a HUMAN

Tell them your Indian an all your Problem and he will redirect you to the rite person :)

Hope it helps

Thanks.
    RG

AaRGeE, May 25, 2008 IP
  9. chillingbreeze

Best Answers:
    Thanks Aargee.. But it didn't work.. when I didn't speak, they disconnected the call :(

10. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats ok but there are many similar threads here in which most members requested money on 15th and 16th and still waiting.

getjimmy, May 25, 2008 IP
  11. phakkat

phakkat Banned

Best Answers:
    I always do it like this..Im an Indian..here we go

Just call dem...wen asked the phone number, say watever you want..again and again(realy..i sing hindi songs) i.e.3 times>then it transfers you to the main menu>there...Say CLAIMS>and then say AGENT>Done!..ur speaking to their agent now..hehe

phakkat, May 25, 2008 IP
  12. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool. That was a nice one

peepin2me, May 25, 2008 IP
  13. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just tried for Fun and yes it worked :D :D
    lol .. awesome ;)

AaRGeE, May 25, 2008 IP
  14. chillingbreeze

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot... I finally talked to the agent but it couldn't help me out. They were unable to provide any reference number :( The problem is with SICK HDFC bank only.. they have denied to process the transactions un;less i provide them the refeence number.

Lets. anywayz.. Thanks for the all help guyz..

I need to go to the main branch and talk to senior officials.

chillingbreeze, May 26, 2008 IP
  15. Pluto-A

Pluto-A Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to read the thread of gdibusiness.

Pluto-A, May 26, 2008 IP
  16. GustoiKiselb

GustoiKiselb Peon

Best Answers:
    I call PP regularly, but in 50% cases they don't help. They just say they will. I was waiting for 2! moths for verification after sending them all documents they wanted. It took 4-5 telephone calls and dozens of emails. PayPal support really leaves much to be desired. I have a German PP account, by the way. The process of Indian, Russian, etc. account verification will be even more troublesome, I suppose.

GustoiKiselb, May 26, 2008 IP