1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting A Website And Marketing Strategies

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scriptaty, May 25, 2008.

Well,

I have seen most of the threads in this section asking about marketing tips and many member have been tired of saying common marketing strategies as suggestions . So, I think this will make a little bit easy to all newbies to start a website and market it.

Phase 1

Choosing the niche.
    *If you are planning to make a free blog in blogspot or something else as free than first think what do you know about.There are many niche lying out there.For example:- you are a wild fan of youtube and soccer videos over there then surely your are nicely known about the cool tricks of youtube and you might have watched many fantastic videos of soccer then discuss about it in your blog.Similarly, you have very nice designing skill for hi5,myspace comment then post your work in your blog and make it free to all users.There are many niche like this which can be your blog.This is applied in all top-level domains which you want to utilize your blog.

*If you are planning to buy a domain name and install any ready made script then discuss about that script here in DP coz someone might have already used it and the scripot might not be stable.So, after discussing about ready made script can save you from crapped script.

*If you are planning to make a customised script and want to hire some freelancers from freelancing websites like scriptlance.com, guru.com , getafreelancer.com , elance.com then never go for the cheap rate coz they might not give you quality script and can be hacked easily so always look for the past work and reviews left for them.But asometime if you become lucky then you can also get very high quallity script with very low cost and it applies in rare cases.

*If you are planning to make a customised script by hiring a IT company than go ahead , I don't think you should be suggested coz no one in internet field jump directly to such high cases.

Note :- As you install or complete the website go ahead for submitting your URL to all the search engines.

PHASE 2
    Content is the king.Keep this in your mind always and never move for marketing without this.As marketing website without content only spares your time.

How to get content?
    *If you are starting a blog then this depends upon you or if you have enough budget then you can hire any writer from here DP also.

*If you are starting member type website like socal networking , forum tc then create some 100s of fake accounts so that when anyone register the website then they should not feel that they are alone in the website.ANd if you can then talk in your forum yourself wit different username although it sounds horrible.

*Never copy others article.This will penalize you from google and other search engines as all legal websites respects copyright.

PHASE 3

Marketing a website

Here I have tried to say some marketing tricks to you in my order.But you can chagne it into your own order also.

*Submit your website to directory
    This should be first step in my view when you strat marketing campaign.You can submit your directory yourself or hire someone here from DP (you can get many friends who are giving you this service in SERVICE section.While doing this keep in your mind that automatic submission can banned you so better if you do this work manually.ANd don't do reciprocal links except with some high PR directory.

*Submit your website to social bookmarking websites
    Till now I have found 22 social bookmarking website that uses DOFOLLOW tags.This will help you in 2 ways.First profit will be that you will get 22 backlinks from high PR website and second profit is that you will get visitors directly from the website.While doing this note that, never write fake story about your website as this can point your website as spam.Except these 22 there are many website.Digg, stumbleupon, propeller, newsvine etc are the major horses of this niche.

*Youtube advertising
    It's a simple job , just edit a video and paste your website name as well add your website URL in description of your website.There are many black hat mehtod for this and it's now a a major way marketing a website.Google 'black hat method for youtube' and you will find many nice results related to this topic.I am not a good player of this criteria but have learned many things about this and planning to test it in near future.

*SEO
    this is the most important part of website marketing.While doing SEO be careful that if your method is being black hat or not ocoz I have sometime seen many newbies trying to do SEO but got penalized from google for black hat for many small mistakes like writing a different .txt file and saving it in server etc.Better if you learn about this in very broad way from different websites.For this you can also install webceo and strat your optimization but without good knowledge os SEO it will also don't work for you.Visitor from this method will com back to your website frequently.These type of visitors are also called organic visitors.

*PPC
    You can do this if you have enough budget.Best company for this is google adwords.As well there are other many cheaper programs than this but adwords will convert highly than other programs.Other similar programs are yahoo overture, msn adcentre , enhance , clicksor , bidvertiser etc.

*Email marketing
    This cannot be done if you don't have huge OPT in list of emails.So, better to get this service from DP who have huge list.If you start marketing your website individually to email then you will be marked as SPAM and this can be vey very bad in your campaign way.

*Social networking markekting
    You can market your website through many social marketing website like myspace, hi5, facebook etc.Facebook has permitted all to promote their product from their website.similarly, posting bulletin in myspace can help you a lot and even very highly if your website id related to music (as much with my experience).

These are the basics of marketing a websiteThere are many ways except these.If you have any then please post them here if it is different way or briefly described about specific way listed above like brief way in marketing website through youtube etc.

Sorry for all mistakes that I did in spelling or grammer.

Thanx.:D

scriptaty, May 25, 2008 IP
    webcosmo, zinruss and nathangjj like this.
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:

Really? How do you figure?

Perry Rose, May 25, 2008 IP
  3. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry didn't understand what do you wanted to ask but it's the best as it's converting rate is most high than any other source.
    And this is free of cost if you study well in many websites where the techniques are given at free of cost.

Don't look at my signature.LOL

scriptaty, May 26, 2008 IP
  4. sasin

sasin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi you have a nice post, really informative, thank you dude!:D

sasin, May 26, 2008 IP
  5. Glenhb

Glenhb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your posting on starting a website and marketing strategy. Would you be able to recommend an informative site to study SEO techniques, as you've mentioned above.

Many thanks:)

Glenhb, May 26, 2008 IP
  6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post I must say. Rep+:)

webcosmo, May 26, 2008 IP
  7. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanx to you all guys for supporting me.Actually, I was tired of saying the common marketing techniques to the newbies brothers here so, I thought this would decrease such questions out there in forum.

You can try http://webconfs.com which I learned while starting myself.Along with this there are many other ebooks and websites with related SEO articles.Just google them.But most impotant part I realized while learning SEO is to try all the techniques with your blog or website.So that you can learn practically too.

scriptaty, May 26, 2008 IP
  8. SEOpaw

SEOpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    How to get content?

it is not 1 stage alone, it has loads of stuff on it

SEOpaw, May 26, 2008 IP
  9. Technique

Technique Peon

Best Answers:
    scriptaty thanks for making this post! I'm sure it would help alot of internet marketing newbies such as myself out. +rep :D

Technique, May 26, 2008 IP
  10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post. And yes SEOis the most important aspect of a website.

homebizseo, May 26, 2008 IP
  11. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    I can't say everything as I am not totally master and till now I haven't created any website except auto updating (MP3 script) and one social networking website coz I don't really know nicely about getting content.
    As much I know we should not copy any others copyrighted article as it can hamper us in SEO phase due to penalizationm from google.And the best way is to hire writers for writing contents.

If you have any idea then please share.

thanx

scriptaty, May 27, 2008 IP
  12. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, Right now I got a -ve feedback on my above post

He said me that I did wrong by saying that 'copying others article is wrong but not in the view that we get penalized through google.But because it's illegal.'

So, I think I should say this also that copying article is likely to do illegal job but it's also true that copied article gets you deleted by google search engine.

If you have any advice then I want to ask you politely to post it here so that everyone can know about it.

scriptaty, May 27, 2008 IP
  13. vecel

vecel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post.

vecel, May 27, 2008 IP
  14. Allen Graves

Allen Graves Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice post, thank you.

I was wondering though...why did you not mention anything about marketing with articles? In my experience, this is one of the best long-term marketing strategies our there!

Do you have anything about article marketing?

Allen Graves

Allen Graves, May 27, 2008 IP
  15. Ricky Rich

Ricky Rich Peon

Best Answers:
    Hire someone like me!:D

Ricky Rich, May 27, 2008 IP
  16. s_e_s

s_e_s Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great job doing the article!!!

s_e_s, May 27, 2008 IP
  17. Darkness

Darkness Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually social bookmarking sites can bring you allot more unique visitors than search engines.

Darkness, May 27, 2008 IP
  18. ThomasJohns

ThomasJohns Peon

Best Answers:
    Appreciate the post, especially about developing the content before marketing.

ThomasJohns, May 27, 2008 IP
  19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh-huh. Riiiiight.

Yeah, selling stuff. I know.

After reading your post on seo, and other's who post that, they are either naive, to downright stupid, or they are selling something. ;-)

Perry Rose, May 27, 2008 IP
  20. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:

scriptaty, May 28, 2008 IP