1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo domain prices > $34.95 effective July 1!!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by RAD1, May 24, 2008.

Yahoo domain renewals $34.95 effective July 1, 2008.

Can you believe that? They've screwed up their crappy pathetic business model -- maybe it has something to do with crappy lazy-@ss, evil, malicious, thieving employees who are also wasting time, money and not delivering any related to actual service to customers -- so now they're going to screw their customers even more. i think i remember seeing a site called yahoosuks.com -- now i know why.

Anyone have ideas about: Where can I sign up for the appropriate/best/cheapest domain reseller account so I can renew my own domains? or where to get best bulk pricing?

what do you think would be the best way to go if someone has say 75-100+ domain names to renew (throughout the year, not all at once)?

some of these domains are active, many are parked. I know that's small peanuts compared to some of your guys portfolios but that's what we've accumulated the past few years. i think i saw an article about doing some spring cleaning of domains -- so time for that, but also either a reseller or bulk domain deal.

What about tucows? Does/has anyone used them as a reseller?

Or others that are very recommended? It needs to be a total turnkey -- you know, one of those where I provide the domain/host, do all the marketing -- but they have every thing needed to set up the site, they'll do the billing, provide the interface etc. right? i am no tech programming god, i barely can do a php forward -- unlike some of you amazing people on these boards -- that is for sure.

(related: if anyone wants to suggest what's the best parking program too?)

Also, I'm willing to sign up thru affiliate links after researching/finding/seeing supporting evidence of the best ones both parking and reseller if that's acceptable.

hope this is okay to ask about? fresh ideas/suggestions pointers on where to look are all welcome.
    thanks!

RAD1, May 24, 2008 IP
  2. MakeThatDollar

MakeThatDollar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where was that announced at?

MakeThatDollar, May 24, 2008 IP
  3. RAD1

RAD1 Peon

Best Answers:

I got it in a renewal email couple days ago.

Here it is: >
    *** IMPORTANT NOTE: Beginning on July 1, 2008, Yahoo!'s annual domain renewal price increases to $34.95 per year. ***

Have questions? Please visit our help center at http---help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallbusiness/billing or contact us anytime at ttp---smallbusiness.yahoo.com/contactus/.​

and this is right on the tail end of just recently raising the renewal fee from $9.95 to $12.95 -- now it goes to $34.95? I guess they're planning to lose a lot of customers huh?

again: still wanting to figure out whether to go reseller or bulk registration pathway form those who have experience w/it or ideas. thx

RAD1, May 24, 2008 IP
  4. freeadlists

freeadlists Guest

Best Answers:
    If that ($34.95) is the case, it's definitely time to find an alternate domain name reseller. I did a quick search and didn't see the price hike for July but it wouldn't surprise me.

freeadlists, May 24, 2008 IP
  5. hellobbs

hellobbs Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's they strategic, the best way is to transfer all the domain to another registrars.

hellobbs, May 25, 2008 IP
  6. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've got my domains at Yahoo & I never got an email saying $34.95.

zigzag007, May 25, 2008 IP
  7. jcoc07

jcoc07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same email.

I think it depends if you have a domain renewal coming up then you may get the email. What are they thinking? 35 a year? Seems like they are trying to quickly increase their revenue so that their shares would go up a little for the purchase by MS.

jcoc07, May 29, 2008 IP
  8. save

save Active Member

Best Answers:
    That price is way out of touch with the market. Obviously they are targeting the one time domain owner who knows nothing on the industry price.

save, May 29, 2008 IP
  9. Mawali

Mawali Member

Best Answers:
    yep....well guyz...its not a advertise...
    but i recommend you guyz...CheapWeb

http://cheapweb.myorderbox.com

many members of digitalpoint have joined this site...you can ask other ppl :)

Mawali, May 30, 2008 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    yup, I think they will be very successful at this too..lol :D

Brandon Sheley, May 30, 2008 IP
  11. MyFuture

MyFuture Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you look at GoBlueFly or Fabulous if you have over 50 domains... $7 renewals

MyFuture, May 30, 2008 IP
  12. puremonopoly

puremonopoly Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to a phone conversation with Yahoo! this isn't the case. Domains aren't scheduled for an increase. The misconception may have been derived from .me domain name extensions which are set for full public release by the end of June 2008. I contacted other servers and there was no intention of an increase. This is a spoof scam. This type of ad campaigning is lame. GoDaddy.com is still the best in the domain market all around.:cool: However, if you do have yahoo! for domains I'd suggest you migrate anyways.:D

puremonopoly, May 30, 2008 IP
  13. puremonopoly

Best Answers:
    *correction on .me extension release. Full release = Mid July 2008.

puremonopoly, May 30, 2008 IP
  14. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want a cheap reseller visit DirectI's reseller club http://www.directi.com/businessunits/resellerclub/

Otherwise browse back to find lots of threads suggesting the cheaper registrar services, including a brief overview I personally made on a few registrar services and their pricing lists.

Trusted Writer, May 30, 2008 IP
  15. mozzeratti

mozzeratti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Suddenly switching to $35, if this is so, is pretty STEEP !
    Just a few alternatives:

Namecheap
    Godaddy
    Fabulous
    Dotster

mozzeratti, May 31, 2008 IP
  16. RAD1

RAD1 Peon

Best Answers:
    huh? it wasn't a spoof email -- it's directly from the yahoo billing email and it came in conjunction with a renewal notice on one of my .COM domains -- it went thru my filters, matched up the headers -- it's not a spoof. it's a real email notice from yahoo.

What wouldn't surprise me is if the stupidest customer service people in the world (yahoo is at the top) on the phone and people in the billing department don't know what the other is doing. that wouldn't surprise me.

this is one of the worst run most awful companies ever when it comes to lazy incompetent employees in the customer service area. they have about the stupidest thick-headed customer service model i have ever encountered anywhere. yahoosuks! no wonder they are in financial trouble.

I for one am not taking any chances to leave any domains with them especially since they obviously don't value my business.

RAD1, Jun 4, 2008 IP
  17. puremonopoly

Best Answers:
    Obviously if you don't like Yahoo! you shouldn't stay with them. However, when referring to the e-mail you received... Its really not that hard to clone an e-mail in its exactness'. Or even direct database infiltration. Or say... hypothetically, I was a !337 5uxx0r and I decided I wanted to dance around a database and send out direct e-mails from Yahoo! with this new 'spoof' policy my biggest challenge would be to decide what I wanted to drink during the dance. They're not going to make that move unless they're trying to kill themselves in a competitive sense. It might even be a Microsoft tactic 0_o... hmm... ...or you could have imagined it!

puremonopoly, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  18. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not a domain company its just a reseller and I personally think that godaddy would be one of the best ways to go. I mean there are coupon codes where you can renew your domains for 6.99 and transfer your domains for the same.

I have all of my domains here and haven't had a problem.

ryandanielt, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  19. sroberts1994

sroberts1994 Guest

Best Answers:
    they are pricing to high!
    i think they suck too.

sroberts1994, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  20. impactservices.in

impactservices.in Guest

Best Answers:
    you can checkout the following -
    domains.impactservices.in = for end user account
    partners.impactservices.in = for reseller account

either case, pricing is competitive and down the line, its going to be more and more competitive. You can be assured of finding if not cheapest, then pretty reasonable prices.

PM me for bulk discounts.

impactservices.in, Jun 14, 2008 IP