1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1000+ tutorials

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by toretic, May 13, 2008.

Hi people me and some of my friends have writen 1000+ tutorials about web developing in the last several months.
    Several days ago we established a web site about web dev tutorials and i was wondering... should we upload the tutorials at one time or should we upload them little by little... im worried that if we upload them fast google or some other engines may consider them as spam or whatever...
    We have uploaded 400 tutorials for 5 days. Is it too much?
    Thanks!

toretic, May 13, 2008 IP
  2. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Uploading content to your own site would not be considered as SPAM. My advice would be to get them indexed now (sooner the better)

pubdomainshost.com, May 13, 2008 IP
  3. toretic

toretic Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks... i dont know why i was thinking that too much content at one time will be bad :)

toretic, May 14, 2008 IP
  4. Oben

Oben Peon

Best Answers:
    if you add it 25% now & then every week 2-5% will give more good result.

dont post it in once, this is my opinion, may be wrong, but helped me with my sites

Oben, May 14, 2008 IP
  5. JustWorth

JustWorth Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're using a blog (or any other CMS that pings the search engines), it's advisable to do it a little at a time; many search engines that get multiple pings in a short time blacklist the site.

If this is mostly static html or you've disabled pings for mass uploading, there shouldn't be a problem.

Here's another suggestion; use Wordpress, upload 2 - 5 per day; search engines love blogs that get updated regularly.

Care to share your site link?

JustWorth, May 14, 2008 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would add about 100 to start... gives the site some significant content. Then upload at least one new one each day (you could do more than that of course w/ the number you have, or you could start with a larger number).

jhmattern, May 14, 2008 IP
    webgal likes this.
  7. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree with Jenn. Milk it for all it's worth. Add something on the site that you'll post 5 new tutorials per day. You build up a repeat clientèle that way.

Or even better, ask them to sign up for your newsletter and tell them they get first peek of all new tutorials two weeks before you release them. There is a lot to be said for building a list for this target market.

webgal, May 14, 2008 IP
  8. ruffneck119

ruffneck119 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep add stuff little by little. At first enough to get indexed, then a steady flow to keep readers coming back.

-ruff

ruffneck119, May 15, 2008 IP
  9. toretic

toretic Peon

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress. I have now 500 tutorials uploaded. I will upload 100 more to fill some empty categories and then i will start adding 5/10 a day... 5 with my acc and 5 more will upload my partner...
    Thanks for the comments!
    Will you help me with something else...
    Lets say that my site is 3 years old... (the domain now is almost 3y old) its 5 letter domain, and have about 1500 tutorials in it, all of them original(writen by me and my friends) they are in language that is used by 50+ million people... at least... so what money can i ask if i want to sell it? Thanks!

toretic, May 16, 2008 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No one can really answer that for you yet. It's going to depend on a few things:

1. The value of the content itself (how well it's written, how original it is, etc.).
    2. How much traffic you're getting then.
    3. How much money the site is making at that point (some buyers look only at this, and pay a certain number of months' revenue).

jhmattern, May 16, 2008 IP
  11. Germz

Germz Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this Joe...? (I'm just asking cause a friend of mine is doing the same thing).
    Anyway, Upload a little right now and then start uploading 2 or 3 daily.

Germz, May 16, 2008 IP
  12. polux12

polux12 Member

Best Answers:
    I made similar tests and i think it is better to upload 50% of the content and then add 5-6 tutorials each week.
    Or you can check how often your site is indexed by google and provide new content for every google-bot crawl. I mean if your site is indexed every 2-3 days then you should upload 5-6 tutorials each 2 days.
    You know google loves frequently updated sites.

polux12, May 19, 2008 IP
  13. colochris

colochris Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree doing a little at a time should help make sure you have fresh content and fresh articles to be indexed. Also repeat people will want to come back.

colochris, May 19, 2008 IP
  14. jrobich

jrobich Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've run into issues from Google when I've added large numbers of pages to my site (over 1000 at a time). Google didn't do any notification, but actually dropped me entirely from the search listings for about a month (I'm number 1 for my search term). When I contacted them, I was referred to a document that suggested that large numbers of updates to a site is a signature of spamming.

Since then, whenever I've had large updates, I've done them 50 or so pages every day or two. Takes a month or so to get them all in, but I haven't been penalized again.

jrobich, May 23, 2008 IP
  15. devarts

devarts Banned

Best Answers:
    i would add low ammounts cause if u add them all people wont see new content even tho u will have all these tutorials it might not help depending on the quilty and if you want to get hits post them at pixel2life and good-tutorials and tutorialized this will help you just make sure you have enough bandwidth cause with all them tutorials you will need it and havent u thought about selling them cause there will be a gold mine on 4000+ webdev tutorials you can easy get $10 - $20 each tutorials depending on the quilty

devarts, May 23, 2008 IP