1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory software : eSyndiCat

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ahmadfarhan, May 22, 2008.

I've been looking into this
    http://www.esyndicat.com/

what do you guys think about it? anyone used it before? How does it stackup against phpLD?

I'm espcially interested in your oppinion if you used this before

ahmadfarhan, May 22, 2008 IP
    jetbrains likes this.
  2. hotpop

hotpop Peon

Best Answers:
    ESyndiCat has more free plugins than phpld although it's a bit pricy.

hotpop, May 22, 2008 IP
  3. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Free version is OK, but fewer templates available

dnk, May 22, 2008 IP
  4. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've checked it out, and I will give my honest opinion.
    I've been in a very good share of these 'directory' scripts to date.

If I were to have my own script, I would consider eSyndicat to be *the* competition to beat.
    The feel and style of it was very smooth and I took a real liking to it. It has a nice interface and is
    user friendly from both an end user and an owner.

it's a no brainer why david duval of phpLD STOLE the admin interface of eSyndicat (he failed miserably though).
    I have the proof, and duval knows it's true.

an0n, May 22, 2008 IP
    jetbrains likes this.
  5. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if i have to choose an alternative of phpld,
    site-sift is my first choice though it's lack of support.

WallaceYeung, May 22, 2008 IP
  6. kreativi

kreativi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using both ESyndiCat & PhpLD. Both are good. But the support and interface of ESyndiCat is much more better than PhpLD.

kreativi, May 22, 2008 IP
  7. ahmadfarhan

ahmadfarhan Peon

Best Answers:
    What specific things in sitesift that you think is better than phpLD?

How about some of the $200 scripts out there? how come those are so expensive?

ahmadfarhan, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Based on the fact I'm aware you've tried a few of these scripts I know you are aware of what your talking about unlike most of the others here who have only ever tried one script and are therefore not qualified to answer this question.

I've tried about 15 of them now (part of my job) and if I'm 100% honest phpld and esyndicat are almost identical in functionality. Coding wise they are no different and neither are at a higher level than the other. Support is slightly different on each and both are problematic at times or at least based on my experiences of others.

Site-sift is definitely not better than the two above even though its free version is better than the free phpld. In truth each one of them is an excellent script that will do just what you need to run a general or niche directory.

I'm not going to put the script I work for into the fray, I'll let people make the connection in my signature and then hope they look at it and judge for themselves.

Ultimately the best script out there is the one that best suits your needs its as simple as that. You'll get a dozen people telling you one thing and one or two telling you another.

What I would say to the OP and anyone else genuinely looking to see what is the best script is to ignore all the chanting for one or the other as you'll get a distorted opinion. Most of the people here haven't even tried more than one or two scripts so couldn't possibly tell you the answer you need.

@an0n; You might find this surprising but there are an awful lot of esyndicat or rather ex esyndicat owners who have changed over to phpLynx in the past few months. I'm not sure what message to take from that just yet but people aren't happy there that's for sure.

JamieG, May 23, 2008 IP
  9. iceberg

iceberg Notable Member

Best Answers:
    eSyndicate has some nice features and loads of free mods, though I prefer phpld. Why dont you try them both? ;)

iceberg, May 23, 2008 IP
    CReed likes this.
  10. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Define "an awful lot" ?
    A few yes. In fact one of your "Former" moderators has "Returned" to esyndicat after using phpLynx.

And please don't send me another one of you threatening private messages saying you want to kick my ass. Deny it and I'll post it.

dog222, May 23, 2008 IP
  11. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    More than a lot, and yes we are aware that YMC went back to esyndicat, lets hope you live up to her expectations this time. We're all happy for her. :)

I'll save you the trouble. If I recall correctly I said something along the lines of wishing you were in the same Country as me so I could see if you had the balls to say something to my face. I'm pretty sure I never mentioned "kicking your ass"? Although that thought does seem pretty provocative. :rolleyes:

JamieG, May 23, 2008 IP
  12. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about phplynx as I have never used it. I do know that it is because of these kind of actions that I have no intention of ever using it.

I have a nice collection of at least 5 of these same abusive pms from the same person. Actions like that from a person representing phplynx is completely unprofessional and may be indicative of the kind of support one would expect there.

And Yes I can post those same pms also - well some of the profanity in the content probably shouldn't be published. Would be happy to show mods though.

swedal, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well...I've been playing quite a bit with eSyndicat lately and I think they greatly improved their script. I won't say this script is better than others...there is no such thing...every script on the market has its pluses and minuses but eSyndicat it's one of the fewest scripts I would recommend.

loredan, May 23, 2008 IP
  14. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'll show a couple of mine from Jamie.

dog222, May 23, 2008 IP
    swedal likes this.
  15. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Not being funny swedal but I doubt it very much if you ever had any intention of ever phpLynx. :rolleyes:

Just for the record it was 6 p.m's I sent to you and with about two expletives in them, none aimed at you. It shows a level of professionalism that I actually take the time to vent my frustrations with some people via the appropriate channels and not on open forum hence the term p.m (private message). (Even the Bill Gates of this world cuss now and again) I'm no different.

Now back to the original topic, you two wannabe cyberspace bullies have had your fun. ;)

JamieG, May 23, 2008 IP
  16. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I am sure that you understand Jamie is that PM's are only private until you hit that send button - then they become the property of the recipient to do with as they will.

You no different than Bill Gates? You got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

All anyone needs to do is look to the pm's you sent to dog222 to see your "professionalism" and who is trying to bully people on this forum. You could not get through a sentence without directing derogatory language towards him and using that same kind of inappropriate language in pms to me.. You think that's Professional - you betcha Jamie :rolleyes:

I did go over and check out eSyndicate by the way and it does seem like one of the better scripts and might be worth doing closer comparisons with the other top scripts as an0n did. an0n probably digs deeper than most.

swedal, May 23, 2008 IP
  17. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It wasn't that hard to bring the original subject back on track was it. :)

Nobody would have gone further than me on checking out the 'competition', I have a vested interest in doing so. an0n is one of the few here unlike some I could mention who I'd take as qualified to give an opinion because they actually do test out the scripts and not just waffle on about one in particular. Going to a forum doesn't mean a thing, you have to try something, test the support for efficacy and then come back on to the forums with opinions.

Until then it would be a great idea if people who haven't got a clue due to a lack of knowledge and experience remained out of the threads such as this as their answers only lend for wasting people's times.

One question an0n might pick up on as I've not tested this yet is regarding php5 and php5.2. Does esyndicat have the same problems with incompatibility as phpld appears to be having?

JamieG, May 24, 2008 IP
  18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He used to threaten to come and visit me in birmingham if i ever challenged him, ive never had threats like that in my life.

I took the threats serious enough though that i would have him arrested for intimidation immediately.

He also doesn't realise that he would probably get car jacked before even reaching my house.:)

Profanity is his favourite, thats why i have him on ignore, hes often talked of wanting to slap people and that people would not say things to his face.

I keep people like that on ignore as i dont want to read the profanity, i dont want pm's from them and i dont want to waste my time when i can be productive with my own work instead.

If you get harrassment from people like jamie just put them on ignore, problem solved, if most people do that the message might finally hit home.

Enjoy the weekend everyone

pipes, May 24, 2008 IP
  19. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I'll have to check up on them posts where I'm supposed to have threatened you John, the way I saw it I actually said that I pass where you live very regularly (which I do), and said it would be good to call in for chat.

Now the mud throwing is out of the way and we've adduced I swear via p.m perhaps getting back to the topic in hand is the order of the day.

JamieG, May 24, 2008 IP
  20. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know the question isn't for me but I'll answer since I have tested recently. There is an incompatibility issue indeed with php 5.2 (not sure about 5.0 but I guess so) . I've had to switch from 5.2 to 4.4 in order to have the script working. It doesn't bother me that much at the moment and I'm sure they will sort it out so I don't see this being a major issue.

loredan, May 24, 2008 IP