1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank 8 ....how?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by RectangleMan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I might have missed the exact number, but how frequently goes GoogleBot come by to your main PR8 page labrocca?

I know on two PR7 sites I have , it comes by at least once/day ... and I've read that page rank is one factor in crawling frequentcy. Also, you might enable sitemaps and see what it say since there is a PageRank display (high/middle/low) there.

hulkster, Apr 8, 2006 IP
    jim likes this.
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Why should he be banned? Because he said you have a low IQ. If we banned people for that there would be less than 10 members left. :p

Just ignore each other if you can't get along. :)

Crazy_Rob, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:

Hmm, I just checked page rank in Google Sitemaps. It says the highest PR page for the last 3 months has been my home page but it's still PR4 whereas many inner pages are now PR5.

Interesting.

Roman, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  4. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:

Well if I got temp. banned for making a stupid comment. He should get a atleast a temp. banned. He thinks he is better than me because of his PR8.

nate_king1, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  5. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nate...you are doing a fine job of presenting yourself. I insulted your site. You referenced it and I insulted it as CRAP. Get over it. Some people have serious jealousy issues. It's not like I paid or asked or tricked Google to give me a PR8. It just happened. Instead of a congratulations you want to say PR is worthless, my site is worthless, and that I don't deserve it. That's fine. You can have your opinion. You stated it. I understand it. You have a nice day sir.

As for saying you had a low IQ. I did no such thing. I referenced how "people" with a low IQ may have a hard time understanding concepts.

If you feel that statement is untrue then fine. I still think people with low IQs laugh at things they can't comprehend. Sorry if you feel you fit into that category. I know it's upsetting to face your own imperfections.

The topic is about "HOW" my site is PR8 and nothing else. Anyone here want to add to that discussion?

RectangleMan, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Crazy_Rob, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  7. RectangleMan

Best Answers:

I don't believe I red repped you SEO Guru. If I did I am sorry.

I just checked and it wasn't me. I just was able to green rep you. :)

Maybe it was Nate and his fun angry antics again.

vishwaa likes this.
  8. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:

I don't even want to comment on that, I was kidding if it wasn't TOTALLY obvious. WOW, thats justice. You don't ban him for saying I have a low iq and my site is crap. But I get banned for a stupid comment! Thank you ADMIN. If i get banned for this post, I don't care, I have to just say this.

9. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Now can we come back to the topic plz :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SEO Guru, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  10. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This guy gave me like 3 red reps. in a row. He probably gave everbody a rep so he could continue to give me Red Reps. NICE.

Jat likes this.
  11. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is the 'this guy' in your statement? :rolleyes:
    Anyway, please I request you and labrocca to be back on the topic. :)

SEO Guru, Apr 8, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  12. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Silly rabbit...you can only give out 1 red rep at a time. So obviously 2 others thought your comments were rude as well. Try and red rep me again...you will that you can't.

Nate..you are not winning any friends here. Normally this is a very friendly forums. So far you have been temp banned and gotten multi red reps...and for what? To point out that my PR8 is worthless junky crap? How does that help you? This place is very civil and we prefer intelligent discussion and debate. You should seek a less mature forums if you wish to simply flame.

EGS likes this.
  13. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Classic.

Friends? This isn't Friendster.com or Myspace.com this board is to help me make money money buy making/building better websites. Keeping up with the latest news and by trading goods/services.
    So far you have been temp banned and gotten multi red reps...and for what? <- I could CARE Less. You don't think people have given me Green Reps for my posts in this thread?
    To point out that my PR8 is worthless junky crap? <- You said it not me.
    How does that help you? <- I laugh!
    This place is very civil and we prefer intelligent discussion and debate. <- Yea except for you.
    You should seek a less mature forums if you wish to simply flame. <- V7n?

LOL--- This post represents what I think about this thread!

EGS likes this.
  14. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha...I like this guy. :D

EGS, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  15. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Any chance you can allow this topic to get back on course? Do you have anything to add to it?

16. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, Basically since your new found PR8 how has traffic increased! Are you getting more refferals since your PR8

Your Site is decent but diffenetly not PR8 worthy. Nobody knows how you got a PR8. I have said this in about every post. Get over it. It is a fluke!

17. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    :eek:
    But all the backlinks are from forums only, not even directories :rolleyes:
    I really think something is fishy :confused:

SEO Guru, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  18. hit4biz

hit4biz Peon

Best Answers:
    @ labrocca --> I made a search on the free Arelis Link Popularity Check tool.

It reports 1.581 backlinks: 286 on Alltheweb - 359 on AltaVista - 32 on Google - 544 on MSN - 360 on Yahoo for your site.
    Well done i would say! :)

PR is not all about backlinks.
    It is more about quality - in content - in linktags and so on.
    Quality counts, and if your backlinks are all well selected, you are on your way.

For me one thing that seems to be very importent too is the RSS-Feed.

Most of the "old" sites do not use them but with the new ones it is often different.
    I see the difference on my site with the static "entry-page" (http://www.hit4biz.com) and the main paige where all the new stuff is in place (http://www.hit4biz.com/mambo).

The static (because the feed is in an iframe, so the spiders can't see the content -> if anyone knows how a better way for this -> p.m. me:D ) page hast a PR2 and the main page NOW has a PR4.

Most of my incoming links (669 at the moment) come from Articles; view come from reciprocial backlinks (not very targeted as i did not care much about this :D ) and all direct to the "entry-page"

So i was really surprised when i first saw a PR4 on the "main" site because end of March it had PR0

BUT for me it is easy to understand what happened-> it is because of the RSS-Feed!

I know that i have some subscribers to my feed, even there is an update on the site only every 2-3 days (sometimes a bit more often)

Since i posted my RSS-Feed into my yahoo-account their spider seemed to get more activ than before. MSN likes my site in general :D

The spiders in general had a tough job on my site because of the way the site (CMS based on MAMBO) was handling the sections, categories and article-sites names.
    Now (since 5th April) this problem is solved but before the links looked like http://www.hit4biz.com/mambo/index.php/content/view/34/37/ <-- definitely NOT very spider-friendly;)

What i want to say is that RSS-Feeds can boost your traffic and it looks like that it also can improve your PR.

So this is my experience with a page going from PR0 to PR4 within a short period of time....

hit4biz, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  19. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Labrocca's site, no offense, is not quality or popular. There has to be a bug that determined his site ranking for being so high..he has no backlinks at all.

I have a PR6 website that has been PR6 for about 6 months now. It gets over 1000 uniques per day and has over 15000 backlinks.

I have submitted a request to Google Support through Google's forum. If you guys would be so kind as to reply to it, it might help "DIG" it up so that Google can actually pay attention to the support topic and give us all a definate answer:

http://groups.google.com/group/goog...4f702c63dff/85f8b4fc7f6d012e#85f8b4fc7f6d012e

EGS, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  20. hit4biz

hit4biz Peon

Best Answers:
    I got an idea! This forum here has a PR7 so maybe all links from this forum to our sites may boost our PR!

May it be sooo easy????? But why not?:D

What do you all think about this theory????

hit4biz, Apr 8, 2006 IP