1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Oil hits record above $130!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, May 21, 2008.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    You can use the Ignore function if you so desired.

wisdomtool, May 21, 2008 IP
  2. swaymedia

swaymedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already have, but he can still see my posts which makes me sick, I asked him to put me on his ignore list, but he doesnt want to...

swaymedia, May 21, 2008 IP
  3. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is some sort of "transfer of wealth from west to east" party going on and we weren't invited, wtf? The bears will be burnt by gas and flame when oil slides back to the bargain price of $125 / barrel.

smatts9, May 21, 2008 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and I already explained why here:

Why should I allow your bullshit and bigotry to stand unanswered?

I will point it out anytime I feel it is warranted.

browntwn, May 21, 2008 IP
  5. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you pointed what you think its BS in his posts, but for sure you did not answer it, mostly you are accusing him of antisemitism.

imad, May 21, 2008 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oil has hit $135 and Goldman Sachs predicts $200

Warren Buffet says that the dollar will continue to slide and as a consequence oil will continue to appreciate in price.

bogart, May 21, 2008 IP
  7. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    That pretty much sums it up. The only bright side is there will be a greater introduction or more fuel efficient vehicles.

Check out this new electric car built just down the road from my house.

http://www.aptera.com/

WebdevHowto, May 21, 2008 IP
  8. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So Exp
    !!!!!

hillord, May 21, 2008 IP
  9. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aptera is impressive , if there would be 4 seat version of aptera

ziya, May 21, 2008 IP
  10. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think they have plans for that yet, but I saywa similar vehicle on the web that is in development that does have 4 seats. Sorry I don't have the link. If I find it I will post it.

WebdevHowto, May 21, 2008 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a plane. What is the cost?

bogart, May 22, 2008 IP
  12. Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights Banned

Best Answers:
    The real reason gas prices keep going up is because people KEEP DRIVING FRIVOLOUSLY.

Look at the traffic on any given Sunday afternoon. Can you see any significant reduction? I can't in Tampa/Clearwater, FL.

Boogie Nights, May 22, 2008 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You couldn't answer the basic accusations you made so you put me on ignore?? That's rich.

Your hatred has blinded you and then you accuse me of hate? again that is rich....

I am going to guess by your posts that you are only about 17. You don't have a back bone to stand up for what your even say.

debunked, May 22, 2008 IP
  14. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But he didn't say anything about genocide did he?

debunked, May 22, 2008 IP
  15. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe he did, although not explicitly.

Of course, he can clear it up by simply stating that no, he does not think Iran is a threat to Israel, or yes, I was correct in understanding his statements, and Iran is a threat to Israel.

guerilla, May 22, 2008 IP
  16. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this Math so simple :confused:......definately not a straight line pattern in financial variables
    :cool:

maverick123, May 22, 2008 IP
  17. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The unending, slow but steady increase in the price of oil is being attributed by various voices to all sorts of causes; demand and supply, lack of refinery capability, risk features, etc. etc. etc.

There is a double faceted element of demand and supply.

There is real demand and supply representing end users of oil and there is a middle level of demand and supply representing bidding on the commodities markets. The prices that are being reported in the press and the slow but steady increase in prices represent prices on the commodities exchanges. They also represent the efforts to buy short term and long term delivery of oil for future considerations at very varied time lengths.

In any case, the upward drive of prices through the commodities exchanges is ultimately having dramatic effects in the US economy right now. I don't know how it is effecting Europe, Asia, etc.....but you can see it in a variety of ways including....
    1. Daily increases in the cost of gas
    2. Dramatic changes in the transportation industry....including regular increases in charges by the airlines....reductions of service......and dramatically and most recently significant firings
    3. Increases in the costs of other things in part due to increases in the costs of fuel: I believe that the food industry and specifically the supermarket universe suggests that $0.10 of every dollar represents delivery charges. To the extent trucking costs go up....so do foods at the supermarket and other items.

The commodities markets have a couple of values. They create a cleaner smoother market with more information flowing to more players hence creating a "more perfect market". Theoretically that should reflect prices that reflect a more honest representation of market needs.

They also create a scenario to "insure" delivery of oil at various times. People, or more specifically large businesses can ensure delivery of oil through specific contracts for specific periods of time. It is an enhancement to their ability to continue operations on a long term...and also part of a "guess basis" as to ensuring prices going forward.

Finally it is an opportunity to speculate.

It seems to me though, that at this point in time, the varied characteristics of the commodities markets are reflecting more of the speculative nature of the market and less of the market efficiency model.

Meanwhile the everincreasing price of oil is hitting directly where it hurts and impacting business, the greater economy and jobs.

I don't know of regulatory oversight with regard to commodities markets....but if there were a time to look at it.....I'd be hammering at it right now.

Having been a middle man/market maker/ broker/for much of my business career.....I knew instinctively when I was "contributing to the market" and when my involvement in the middle was "sucking cash out of it....and I was the chief beneficiary....or I and my colleagues was the chief beneficiaries.

One thing....when market costs are going up up up.....you can bet your bottom dollar....most of the folks involved in the middle.....in this case those that work the commodities markets....are loving it.

With costs hitting the common person....with costs dramatically contributing to firings within a weak economy....I'd have my eyes on the middle area of the commodities markets as regards this constant increases in costs.

earlpearl, May 22, 2008 IP
  18. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not speculation, this is the death of fiat based on economic fundamentals.

There is no regulation that can undo this short of restoring faith in the dollar and owning up to our debts. Of course, that would never get a politician elected in modern America so we will continue to suffer the effects of impoverishing inflation.

[​IMG]

korr, May 22, 2008 IP
  19. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You are trying to spin it as Iran is charged with genocide of Jews or no threat are the only options. You are doing that just to try and weasel out of your lies.

The simple truth is that Iran is a threat to Israel, the United States and every country in the middle east. That does not mean you can say that I charged Iran with genocide of Jews.

That is just an absurd lie made up entirely by you to support your bogus posts here. It is getting really pathetic. You are doing it to many people and are being called on it across many threads.

Your behavior on these forums is childish and insulting to everyone's intelligence. You have plenty of arguments and points to make. You don't need to resort to outright lies. It is pretty sad to watch you do - and then lamely continue to defend it.

browntwn, May 22, 2008 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:

I see. So you don't believe Ahmadinejad said that Israel had to be wiped off of the map? And you don't believe that the Iranian agenda is genocide of Israelis?

Actually, your personal attacks and character slanders are childish and insulting. If you want to argue, try to stay on topic, not resorting to Ad Hominems and reporting people to get them banned.

You're so quick to call other antisemitic, when you won't own up to your own beliefs. I'm happy that you are clearing the air now, and hopefully will lay to rest any doubts I or others might have had about your position and reasoning on Iran vs. Israel.

guerilla, May 22, 2008 IP