1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website front page review...Too much info?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by shermancox, May 19, 2008.

Hello,

Please give me your thoughts on my website. I like the general look, but it feels like a little too much is on the page. What do you think? Do I present too much info on the front page? Got any other thoughts?

http://www.soulpreaching.com/

shermancox, May 19, 2008 IP
  2. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like your 3 main colours.

Yes it's overcrowded and as i scroll down there is picture after picture of you. just a tad overkill. imo.
    I'm assuming your using wordpress? I'm sure there is a plugin that can limit the amount of posts to be shown.
    I'm sure there is a quote somewhere about users shouldn't have to scroll down a page no more than 3 times.

There are some text alignment issues.

Less is more. I could make some major structural suggestions..
    I'll wait and see what others say before i say anything else.

Hope i didn't sound harsh?

Arcanus, May 19, 2008 IP
  3. shermancox

shermancox Peon

Best Answers:
    lol...harsh is what I need...this is actually in drupal...I hear you on the pictures thing...I just dropped a ton of pictures becuase of legal issues and am trying to build it back up...

I can limit the number of posts on the front page...I was actually trying to figure out a way to not show the posts but perhaps some sort of categories of posts..at any rate, I would actually like to hear your structural suggestions...

thanks...

4. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok. Although this is from my viewpoint and I am pretty fussy in what i do like when i see sites.

Like i said before simpler the better. Now I'm not familar with the maintstream religious/preaching genre of website design.(like what other sites are doing).

whats the most important peices of information that you need to tell your readers?

It's late here and i should be in bed so i'm not thinking clearly enough.
    I would get rid of where the boxes containing "web pastor" and "contributor"./resources/ could go into a menu(perhaps under the menu )
    You've repeated "home" link twice.
    get rid of home and contact on that second line,place blog link into the top line into blue area. Remove affiliates and place at bottom of your blog. Sermon outlines could also be removed from top menu. Becuase you already got a sermon section on right side. Where sermon outlines was you could place a link for "Staff"(or relevant 1 word description that sums up pastor and contributor)

Is there a way to maybe remove the bookmark box and change it to a couple of links? then place it where "home" "contact" "blog" on that second row.

ideally i would either widen the white area or remove the left boxes. It just seems so cramped. could be the colours.

*shrugs* hope i haven't repeated myself or gone in circles!

Arcanus, May 19, 2008 IP
    shermancox likes this.
  5. shermancox

shermancox Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks...arcanus...I have implemented some of your suggestions...will play around with some of the others later...

6. Magestry

Magestry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks Nice!

Magestry, May 19, 2008 IP