1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many blogs does Everybody have?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by TheForexGuy, May 18, 2008.

field question for those who do their marketing through blogs.

I currently own three blog sites and looking to build them up through organic SEO.

I was wondering who is using blogs, either wordpress, blogger, etc. and Also how many blogs are you using?

The reason why I am intrigued with blog marketing because of folks like Jim Karter, Paul Bourque, Darren Rowse, and Jeremy Schoemaker who clear BANK big time with their blog networks.

Tom Howell
    www.goforextrade.com

TheForexGuy, May 18, 2008 IP
  2. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think around 40.

Only around 10 are affiliate blogs and they make me around 3k a month pure profit.

kingbrend, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  3. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    quite impressive Kingbrend.

is the traffic from Organic SEO or PPC?

Tom
    The Forex Guy

4. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew Banned

Best Answers:
    I have tonnes (more than 100) free blogs hosted with different Blogger accounts. There have been product launches blogs which I use to target new product launches and link building blogs. Of course, I do have blogs hosted on my own with Wordpress.

Wayne Liew, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  5. Ash1402

Ash1402 Peon

Best Answers:
    On domains... 2
    WP/Blogger hosted... about 15 but don't use them ones much

Ash1402, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  6. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    wow! I see everybody variates with their amount of blogs. Discussing a master plan with my brother, about working on an initial rollout on 10 blogs, all domains running on wordpress engines. Right now, I have the two sites, the stock and forex site running.

I would like to get into a normal frequency of writing a couple of articles everyday for each blog. This would keep google on their toes and have to look for more useful info every so often.

Thank you for your replies so far! I have repped you all!

Tom
    The Forex Guy

7. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have six. Two I currently work on. As they fall out of favor I sometimes go back to posting. Amazing how much traffic they can bring including targeted list building traffic.

It is all pure organic nature search!:D

reapr, May 18, 2008 IP
  8. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Forex dewd I have used blogger and WP I think from here an out it will be wordpress all the way. A few favorite plugins are All in One SEO, and link cloaker not to mention phpbay. Make sure you are careful and read the link cloaker info if you use it but it is very powerful especially for affiliate stuff.

reapr, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  9. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    reapr,

First of all, I repped you on your comment! thank you! :D

I am exclusively using wordpress, and I find that it is easy to modify, given the experience I have had with coding. I do happen to go to wordpress.org and use premade templates, but I do some slight mods here and there.

Actually, I haven't looked into those plugins, but for link cloaking, I use .htaccess that was handcoded by me, which I know exactly what is the deal every time someone clicks on a hoplink or another network link.

Think later on, I will look into All in One Seo and see what that is all about.

Thank you again reapr!

Tom
    The Forex Guy

bl4ckmaN^ likes this.
  10. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Well that is cool if you can do the mod rewrite stuff. I find that excruciatingly painful but can do it. After working on it for an hour I feel like my I.Q is room temp instead of the Mohave desert on a record setting day.

All In One is worth a gander thought. phpbat is a plugin for the eBay affiliate program. I know there are others that is just the one I use. Good luck!

reapr, May 18, 2008 IP
  11. yebel89@gmail.com

yebel89@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started this a 2 weeks ago and only have one blog. It has earned me close to $400

yebel89@gmail.com, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  12. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *Just ONE.

*WP-hosted-customized

*Does very well for any keys I target

*Last sig ;) **Targeting each product per blog is ideal if that's what you are after (direct conversions with natural traffic - and yes 1-2 grandslam pieces a day will do wonder for you).

NCMedia, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  13. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Humm ... so its not the quantity that counts but quality.

I'm working on that.;)

reapr, May 18, 2008 IP
  14. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    ^Yes, definietely quality over quantity, and it makes it feel soo much more serious. I run two blogs and consistently focus on just those two instead of bringing up another 300 every day. Both are some of my main interests, and they just happen to be quite profitable (but competitive) niches.

One is about IM marketing and unfortunately I can't come up with nearly as much content for that one as I do for my Personal Development one, which I post on daily, sometimes even twice and the record would be 4.

So good luck, both methods work. There's a method where you just build up a fuckload of blogs and interlink everything to build PR, so it gets easier and easier to rank with every new blog you put up, so that's an idea.

But for me, it's just my two, quality blogs that count, and one of them is now a PR2, so it's like a pr2 directory but with better SEO benefits.

lemonarian, May 18, 2008 IP
    TheForexGuy likes this.
  15. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    Wow! I see Norb Czufis has put his 2 cents in! heh!!!

Norb, I actually just read that one piece you had written on the Fat Pig Launch Thread, and you had refined the notion about having specific blogs for niches, and keeping them updated every so often so google has them constantly under radar! A very good plan of attack I see.

I have to agree about the quality of the blog, as having a few great ones can make the money for you. I was reading as of recently a comparison of Darren Rowse and Jeremy Schoemaker(Shoemoney). Darren uses 5 blogs, and Shoemoney actually works on one, which is shoemoney.com. So instead of throwing a ton of wordpresses or blogger.com accounts to use, rather focus on a nice niche, and make some quality, engaging articles.

Hmm. more food for profit! Thank you Guys!

Yebel89! That is freaking awesome! Keep up the great work!

Tom Howell
    The Forex Guy

16. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Norb really has some great info and points.

My comment about quality over quantity is why I now and have over the last 2 years only focus on 2 blog like sites.

Yes I have several websites but only 2 of which are blog style.

reapr, May 18, 2008 IP
  17. yebel89@gmail.com

yebel89@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend starting off with one blog with one niche

One niche can mean several products

You should have other stuff on your blog besides product reviews

yebel89@gmail.com, May 18, 2008 IP
  18. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    I do agree yebel89. For example at www.goforextrade.com, I will post a couple of commentaries about world events that would pertain the currency markets. Once in a few blog posts, pop in a review or a press piece on a product. Do a market wrap segment twice a week or once daily.

There is a ton of things news-wise I could do on this niche. It is just a matter of acting upon it at this point!

19. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    100%, it is outlined in the read however I just updated it:

Keys targeted: 'gener-ous mark-eting' (minus the '-')
    within 2 hours: #3 out of .5M.
    24 hours: Page 2 results so I made a slight change, added more keys/change headline.
    Another 24 hours: now results #2 - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=generous+marketing&btnG=Search <<Might have changed if you're viewing this long after this post...

**Thank you kindly, and I feel you are far better off focusing and mastering one blog/rev.stream and purpose before diving into having multiples, otherwise you'll have many 'average' blogs because you won't know what or how a 'seo heavy' blog operates or how it is automated ;)

**ACT! If you act = $! (or potential at least) but if you dont = $0.00

Best :)

NCMedia, May 19, 2008 IP
  20. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have two blogs, one promoting my own product and the other a new email list that will hopefully become a product one day. Both on Blogger.

nadavs

nadavs, May 19, 2008 IP