1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google react to a big jump in backlinks?

Discussion in 'Google' started by brian65, May 14, 2008.

1. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow people. Lots of different ideas. Thanks for the detailed answer whoisbambam. I tend to agree with angilina.

I am not rapidly building huge numbers of backlinks to any of my sites.

My curiosity on what people thought was really started because I have read a number of times that Google penalised a large jump in backlinks in a short time.

I wondered how people on DP with many posts (hundreds or thousands) who change the links in their signature might be affecting the linked sites.

brian65, May 15, 2008 IP
  2. li4274403

li4274403 Peon

Best Answers:
    my bags site has bulitld for 50 days ,but doesn't hava many people to view,
    Anyone who can suggest me to do!
    and web site can seach with google ,and keyworlds: mybagbase

li4274403, May 15, 2008 IP
  3. usearchme

usearchme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent answer and true, people have said you can get penalised to gettting to many links for a long time, but if this was true people could sabatage competators sites, which would cause chaos so this clearly cant be true.

Woc

usearchme, May 18, 2008 IP
  4. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    So imagine that I have a forum with 50k pages indexed. Will Google penalize my competitor if I place his link sitewide on my forum?

zee, May 18, 2008 IP
  5. dillontim

dillontim Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your domain age.

If your site is a new born, then be prepared to be penalized.

But if your site has been online like 1 year and more, you might experience a keyword ranking drop but this will only be like a few days and it will bounce up again and perhaps even acquire better ranking.

dillontim, May 18, 2008 IP
  6. whoisbambam

whoisbambam Peon

Best Answers:
    zee,

site wide links shouldnt penalize the target site. it could prevent YOU from passing along Pr to anybody.

This is thought to be a manual filter, so you would more than likely have to be reported to get that penalty applied.

your site would still rank fine unless they found something else during the review.

you really are not benefiting either one of you in the long run, as it is believed that now ibl's are also filtered by IP, so if, overnight, 50,000 links from the same IP pointed to domainB, then domainB is thought to only get 1IBL anyway (we are talking google here, not msn or yahoo).

so there is no reason to take the risk.

the above is the opinions of many in the seo community, and we dont know the absolute facts.

whoisbambam, May 18, 2008 IP
  7. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You will be fine as long as its not from a bad neighborhood.

homebizseo, May 18, 2008 IP
  8. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    In link building, it is advisable to have moderate backlinks coming from mostly relevant sites. Some experts advises to have some strong backlinks even from not so related sites.

WishBone, May 18, 2008 IP
  9. vexartstudio

vexartstudio Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they do react but I can't think it will be too bad because competitors could essentially use backlinks to ruin competitors.

vexartstudio, May 18, 2008 IP
  10. aikaz

aikaz Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is any uncertainty on what Google will do on jump number of backlink, then I am just thinking to create backlink not in short of time, but regularly day-by-day to build links. It may be not so harmful in search engine. Any opinion?

aikaz, May 19, 2008 IP
  11. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions. Here is one thing that I want to share with everyone. More than one of my competitors have sitewide links on different sites that are not even related to our niche yet, they rank better than I do. One of them has a sitewide link on a forum that discusses different issues related to mothers, one has featured links (sitewide) on different NEWS websites that have thousands of pages indexed in Google. There is nooooo relevancy but they are ranking high, in fact, they are higher than I am now and I used to be #2 with only legit not-paid-for links. So I guess, at least for established old sites, Google's penality for suddent jump in backlinks is a myth.

AIKAZ, that's not a problem at all. Keep building links on daily basis. Relevant or not, just get links. Avoid links from Adult, warez sites or gambling related sites IF that's not your niche already and you should be fine :) Directory submission can work like a charm as well :)

zee, May 20, 2008 IP