1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you using a team of writers for your blog?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by noobpreneur, May 14, 2008.

1. UIS4821

UIS4821 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I could find someone that I could trust to write good content on a regular basis. Now I have a small blog which makes it harder but, I look to expand to other authors as soon as I can turn profits.

UIS4821, May 17, 2008 IP
  2. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One man show here too..

Tom Thumb, May 17, 2008 IP
  3. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ Tony707 - Let's find out, then ;)

@ Arcanus - Thanks - how would you plan to reward those permanent posters?

@ kittyluver - That's great! How's the experience so far? Do you white label all the post, or let your writers put some kind of resource box in their posts?

Thanks, guys for the great info!

noobpreneur, May 17, 2008 IP
  4. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking about this for a while. I would gladly go 50/50 with some good content writers.

glenndorsey, May 17, 2008 IP
  5. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i'm planning to set up 3 niche blogs,with at least 1 or 2 of those to have some sort of paid subscription part to it. I haven't quite planned it all out yet. I know to begin with i'll be doing all the writing,mainly becuase i want the "overheads" of running blogs to be minimal. i.e hosting costs+initial domain cost.
    Of the site that i plan to turn into a subscription/membership I'll be doing all the writing plus perhaps my friend who i go to tafe with. (tafe is australia's vocational training colleges,gov funded). We're studying a diploma and i'm going to turn my business knowledge plus that into a site. The other niche i'll be concentrating on I might end up hiring writers. And the 3rd site..who knows..

Eventually I want to be able to just work a few hours a day or week on my blogs so do that i'll hire writers to spice up things when i get lazy haha.

I'd gladly take on permanent writers,provided english was a first language or the level of writing equalled that.
    Reward would depend on my financial position.
    if I was earning money through the blogs,then paying per article. from what i've seen here in dp $2 per article.
    perhaps adsense share or got 50/50.
    I honestly don't know. Depends on whether i'm feeling greedy/whether i'm dominating the niche and earning big/how much adsense is bringing + other methods. LOL
    Would also depend on quality of the writer. If i found a writer that i worked smoothly with and charged a bit more I would be happy to share a percentage of earnings. (although that could make my taxes complicated).

Arcanus, May 17, 2008 IP
    noobpreneur likes this.
  6. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    @ glenndorsey - Thanks for your opinion - will you share on per post basis?

@ Arcanus - Thanks for your valuable insight!

:D That's the idea behind blogging for money for most of us, isn't it? I, too, hoping that a few hours a day work is a reality, soon.

Subscription-based blog - interesting idea...

Anyway, from your experience, what is the most difficult part in managing writers paid on per post basis?

noobpreneur, May 18, 2008 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  7. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    Not sure whether your last question is directed at me?
    either way i can't answer..i've never owned a blog before ..and i've pretty much just set up a basic free theme ..there isn't any posts yet.
    lol
    Your welcome.
    I'm hoping to start making a full time income with various online activities within a few months. I've got the time.(Full time student-workload is pretty easy) It will be a matter of making enough to be comfortable enough to kiss goodbye the government benefits..
    with a properly executed action plan ..in my opinion any website could be successful.
    the idea behind the subscription..is ultimately i want to start a offline business. All (after tax and living expenses) monies will pretty much go towards the establishment of my business idea. If i can start and manage several successful and huge subscription based sites..possibly /hopefully the monthly revenues could support me without relying on doing services. So that i could start a business and still have a source of income.
    The problem is..how much do i plan ahead in regards to content. Organising your blog content before launching?
    I started that above thread about that.(i apologise if i shouldn't have linked although the two threads could compliment each other i guess )..

If content is preplanned from what is released on day 1 to week 2,week 3 and so on..how would that effect hiring writers? Would it still be possible to use a team of writers? (even if say the blog owner knew a good 80% of the topic )

Again i apologise if i'm a tad offtopic..

Arcanus, May 19, 2008 IP
  8. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    @ arcanus -

Yes - off course :) I wonder, if you can make money online, why make money offline?

I'll visit your thread right away!

noobpreneur, May 19, 2008 IP
  9. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    Good question also ;) lol
    I've been debating that with myself this last week. If i can make enough to live comfortably why would i go through all the stress of opening an offline business?.
    The offline business ideas are in a growing market here in australia,and the business i have in mind certainly hasnt been established before. Why waste a possibly opportunity to make even more money. Sure the idea of making online was so i had more freedoms.When i made decision to leap into this,so i could travel to brisbane more regularly to see my bf..but now his time in army is halfway done and he'll be on rehab for his ankle life goals are changing.
    I'll need enough money to either rent or purchase a house (I live at home still)so he knows i'm serious. Not to mention that no one around me thinks i can make money online or make anything of myself..so i guess to a degree i'm doing all this to prove to everyone I can make money online..as well as successfully run a mortar and bricks biz. (the idea is in short, a supercentre+manufacturing biz) . I've already got a partner lined up my tafe friend,plus possibly my uncle.

As silly as it sounds..my goal is to make $100,000+ in 1 year from scratch. I suppose i could start a blog around that and my progress...lol
    If I don't make that figure in approx 1 yr to 1.5yrs i'll re-evaluate the offline biz and either resort to loans(which i don't particularly want..)or whether it will truly be financially viable at that time. Many things could change in life in the next year or so.
    Also,ideally once all web and offline business's are running smoothly..i do intend on reducing work hours and let others do the demanding work LOL
    The satisfaction of seeing what was an idea in my head become a physical working entity would be exhilarating.
    I do think with some hard work it wouldn't be hard to make that money..if planned right.

Arcanus, May 19, 2008 IP
  10. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    Hi arcanus,

:D That's a strong motive - I'm living all my life to prove something, too. Trying to prove something is the main 'culprit' of success ;)

Thats quite a viable goal, I guess - blogging about your ventures are also interesting for most people... well, at least to me ;)

Cheers!

noobpreneur, May 20, 2008 IP
  11. collegeblogger

collegeblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been working alone on mine for the past 9 months, but I'm about to hire someone on a per post basis just for a change of pace. I will still do some of the writing, but it can be so time consuming... so I'm willing to pay someone to help me out on occasion.

collegeblogger, May 24, 2008 IP
  12. sax

sax Member

Best Answers:
    I write on my own too, in my blog marketing blog. My wife is a blogger too, just that I'm part time, because I work part time as ell. She's almost on her blog full time and she runs about four or five blogs in total... We "cross blog" sometimes, she writes in mine, and I write in her blog when we feel like a change of topic.

sax, May 24, 2008 IP
  13. sax

sax Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't sound silly at all Arcanus... nice to have met someone with the same thought... I started my blog this year with the same thought as yours... still got works on it, but I'll get there...

Will meet you at the top ;)!!!

sax, May 24, 2008 IP
  14. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    @ sax - that's great having such team work! It's hard to involve family members in this :)

noobpreneur, May 25, 2008 IP
  15. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    thanks sax for the encouragement :)

today i received news..that got me a bit depressed. Mum is getting cut off her pension in september and tells me i have to go out an get a job. It still hasn't entered her mind that i'm actually trying to earn more than what i could as a sales assistant. Why earn $20per hour/$300pw when i could make $1500per week at home?

I'm going to have to get motivated and start doing!

Arcanus, May 26, 2008 IP
  16. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No! i do myself :) Cant afford bloggers to blog about topics

jezzz, May 26, 2008 IP
  17. go85

go85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do most of the writing myself, although I have bought content in the past and also have bartered with writers having them write content for me in exchange for me promoting their sites on other websites/blogs of mine.

go85, May 26, 2008 IP
  18. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the opinion guys!

@ Arcanus - that's sux, really... that's why I don't work for other peeps, so I have more control of my life - call me control freak :)

noobpreneur, May 26, 2008 IP
  19. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    LOL noobpreneur,
    I guess i could be a control freak sometimes too LOL. I've always hated the thought of working for other people.
    sure a certain percentage of population need to be employees for sustainability,but the thought of working in cubicle scares the crap outta me!
    It's sobering when mum is facing the prospect of having no health backup(by losing pension,she also loses alot of discounts and free medical). So by september i need to be earning at least $1kweek,and myself no longer requiring gov benefits by then also. Even more than 1k would be great becuase i could then buy health insurance for both of us. Then the next goal is save up to move out of home.
    It's so hard not having the support,and being restricted to using the computer at certain times. Once my sister comes home from school,she uses computer and pressures me to get off with "I'm bored". That usually kills my creativity. Which is downright annoying becuase i'm finding thats the time of day when i'm feeling inspired.
    I then further restrict myself by waking up around 10.30am to avoid mum rambling about work and her problems!
    but i am buying a win xp pro with bf's credit card(for both him and i),and i'll save up and purchase a better laptop so i can move photoshop across.
    So things could improve in a couple of weeks. :) Sorry for the rant.

ps; noobpreneur you getting my pm's? hope they're not dissappearing into cyberspace. my inbox had a glitch last night. 1 pm just wouldnt stop popping up. inbox refused to say i had read it.perhaps email might be a better solution at this point in time?

cheers,
    ark :)

Arcanus, May 26, 2008 IP
  20. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    @ arcanus - Tough days - 'been there :p - that's why team of writers are needed :D

Lucky gal! ;P

I'm receiving your pm and will respond shortly - pardon my su*ks Internet connection :)

Cheers!

noobpreneur, May 27, 2008 IP