1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what are the steps to optimize a fresh website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dylanbutler84, May 15, 2008.

Hi.... Im new here...

my friend and me have created a website and we want it to optimize but it too fresh and not existing in Search Engine especially google... I want to get help from you, so that we have an idea where to start and to make our site visible in SE...

what is the very first step to optimize a fresh website?
    what should we do?

some help please.....

thanks.....

dylanbutler84, May 15, 2008 IP
  2. Ludus

Ludus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

• submit site in directories
    • be sure you have written correct titles and descriptions for every pages
    • use article marketing to get targetted traffic to your site
    • write quality content for your site

Ludus, May 15, 2008 IP
  3. wavetowake

wavetowake Peon

Best Answers:
    use wordpress
    write good content
    use seo friendly urls
    do keyword research
    optimize content for those keywords

wavetowake, May 15, 2008 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Read this (All You Need to Know About SEO), this (FAQ: Search Engine Optimization), and this (Chris Beasley's SEO Guide).

In other words, it's best to optimize a "fresh" site before you even write one word or line of code. Seriously.

Dan Schulz, May 15, 2008 IP
  5. whoisbambam

whoisbambam Peon

Best Answers:
    The cheapest, and quickest education may be obtained by that book first published in 1997,
    searchenginehelp.com

Dont buy any of the other products/services. That is the best investment. Just that.

After I know you have a bearing on the basics,

1. do onpage optimization per the ebook, ie focused, relevant titles, meta description (for click thrus, folks), headings, paragraphs, linktexts, PR distribution.....
    2. Get listed in the major directories in the ebook, ie botw.org, etc (some will be controversial). I recommend Yahoo at least for the first year, cause when you begin a link campaign, you can say your site is in Yahoo while talking to them on the phone--yeah, i recommend you talk to them on the phone if possible and build strategic relationships with your link partners, ie 3way links, etc
    3. begin a link campaign. Not the FFA kind, but get quality links, ie research similar phrases for your industry, go to the google results, say listing 20 to 100, and contact them for link requests to get both of you on the first page.
    4. continue to build new content. content builds PR. That is right. pages build PR. who says PR can not be built? they are wrong. Review the formula if in doubt.
    5. consult leslie rhode or do a lot of research on PR distribution to push it accordingly. I aint going to post on it. too lengthy.
    6. do google adwords.
    7. do web2.0, social networking, etc.
    8. track everything. use google analytics, consider third party apps like clicktracks or stuffedtracker etc. You must understand your visitors and act accordingly.
    9. consider split testing, multivariate testing, taguchi, etc and fine tune your ad copy. Now that you know what your visitors are, how can you influence them. this tells you.

repeat the process over and over.

:)

whoisbambam, May 15, 2008 IP
  6. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll get 80% of the benefit from 20% of the work by these simple steps.

Make sure the site is about one major theme.
    Get keywords from that theme on a lot of the pages of the site.
    Put the keywords in the page titles, descriptions, H1 tags, and the text of the pages (create a page fore each sub theme)
    Get some links to your site (and internal pages) with variations of the keywords in your theme

freelistfool, May 15, 2008 IP
  7. xander1083

xander1083 Banned

Best Answers:
    the first thing you need to do is make a unique and nice content, Apply on page optimization by placing meta tags and robot text make your page spider engine friendly. and apply off page optimization and link building.

xander1083, May 15, 2008 IP
  8. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:

i hope this site will help you.. SEO GUIDE
    this is my guide for my page optimization..

JessieJames27, May 16, 2008 IP
  9. whoisbambam

whoisbambam Peon

Best Answers:
    my recommendation for seo basics is the beforementioned unfair advantage book from planet ocean, and aaron walls seobook dot com.

I read over 13 seo books in 2000, and have continued to read them throughout the years since, and if i had to choose one or two.....see above.

I think i outlined the most comprehensive and best course of action for you to begin. You can always add more later.

whoisbambam, May 17, 2008 IP
  10. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well one of the first things to do is figure out what keywords/search phrases you plan on targetting

thats a big part of the battle

ninjashoes, May 17, 2008 IP
  11. whoisbambam

whoisbambam Peon

Best Answers:
    ninjshoes,
    the MOST IMPORTANT!!!

Some of us just nuke it, and find every variant with any traffic, and begin in descending order of mostToLeast traffic.

:)

whoisbambam, May 17, 2008 IP
  12. mind2027

mind2027 Banned

Best Answers:
    congrats for a new site . every one want organic traffic for his sites these days . so for your site seo firstly find the best keywords from keywords tools and then build back links and keep your keywords in your mind , submitt your site to directories , do social bookmarking , write content in article directories , for more hire a seo and he will do everything for you

mind2027, May 17, 2008 IP
  13. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Add new content on regular bases.

And build lots of backlinks.

angilina, May 17, 2008 IP
  14. amazoncom

amazoncom Peon

Best Answers:
    1.write unique content
    2.submit in free directories
    3.patient ;)

amazoncom, May 18, 2008 IP
  15. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Content really makes a difference. If you can add 10-30 articles relevant to your site each month, it will make a world of difference as long as the articles aren't total crap.

Also create a blog somewhere like wordpress or orble and use it to create more content. Link to your website from there and be part of the blog community. You will get a lot more traffic. Hire a ghostwriter to keep your blog running if you don't want to.

Online Writer, May 18, 2008 IP