1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Struggling Warez Site - Help!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by m1ndless, May 15, 2008.

I opened up warezkingdom.net in late march, and since then the site has grown alot, but it has slowed down, and I am not really seeing the amount of members that I was expecting.

I was wondering what is the best method of advertising a warez site?

I was told submitting my links to ddl sites or soemthing, but I don't really understand what that meant, I went to katz and phazedll like I was told but I wasn't sure what to do from there. Do I submit the links to new threads I post, like new movies or just links to my main forum index?

Also, I tried posting on other forums but that didn't really seem to bring me any members.

I was approached by a member who offered refferals 500 for $5 so I took up his offer and I got 1500 hits from okrut in a week and all 500 members, how did he do that? What is okrut even? I never heard of it, and it's blocked at work (only place with internet for me).

Anyways, since march, I have gotten about 3k uniques, and over 150k hits, is that horribly or no?

Anyways, I just need some advice to get this forum moving, I am not too concerned with making money off the site as I am interested in running a sucessful site.

m1ndless, May 15, 2008 IP
  2. Accelerated Media

Accelerated Media Banned

Best Answers:
    Try seeding repacked torrents and hosting repacked downloads with your url in the info and an internet shortcut to your website as well, this works pretty good for promoting torrent sites and download blogs, etc.

Accelerated Media, May 15, 2008 IP
  3. Raj_AdultWebMaster

Raj_AdultWebMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    exactly....

when providing warez to people just put your site as a password to the file (zip, rar)

Raj_AdultWebMaster, May 15, 2008 IP
  4. ceo

ceo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You seem like one lost person in an advanced niche.
    Your site will NOT be successful most probably if you are not knowledgable much..... Your niche is competitive too.
    I suggest to change to a site where you have much more knowledge.

If you want to stay in this niche...pm me to get some ideas...

ceo, May 16, 2008 IP
    sean3 likes this.
  5. th13rteen

th13rteen Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with ceo. Please don't make a warez site. There's tons out there. Its really competitive and there is no way you can win. There are bigger fishes. You're probably copy/pasting the stuff from other forums to yours. I wrote a post about it here: http://www.brainfeedlabs.com/the-web/omfg-why-a-warez-forum/

th13rteen, May 16, 2008 IP
  6. infinity_grimm

infinity_grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree too...there are a lot of warez site....and maybe more reliable than yours....than how to compete with them...

infinity_grimm, May 16, 2008 IP