1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

--EPN Ebay Store Help Needed--

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by ac3_spad3s, May 14, 2008.

I have decided I would like to create a Ebay Niche store for the EPN affilitate program. What do I need to buy? Is there another altnernative besides BANS? Please let me know what I need to do. I really dont want to spend $97 for BANS. Thanks!

ac3_spad3s, May 14, 2008 IP
  2. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mcmuney, May 14, 2008 IP
  3. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the first thing you need to do is join the EPN, without being accepted by ebay you can go no further.

after that you need to decide whether you are going to use wordpress or a normal html type site.

although a good tool - you do not need to buy bans.

there are alternatives, ebay itself has quite a few tools. popshops.com is worth a look to name a couple.

several free scripts have been listed on this forum as well. good luck.

mcjp6, May 14, 2008 IP
  4. ac3_spad3s

ac3_spad3s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. I will sign up ASAP.

5. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    If your knowledgeable about WordPress why not try phpBaypro? I don't think it has all that BANS has to offer, but it's pretty good. BTW, my experience is that the $97 is insignificant compared to what I've earned with BANS. It's the best tool investment I've ever made in the web space in terms of ROI. YMMV

potentmix, May 14, 2008 IP
  6. ac3_spad3s

ac3_spad3s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I didnt know if BANS was still a good choice now. I heard the old BAN websites will not work. Would I have this problem if I ordered BANS today? Please let me know. Thanks!

7. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know where you heard that but it is not true.

all ebay affiliate stores with CJ links need to be updated to epn by the end of May and you will not have any problems.

mcjp6, May 14, 2008 IP
  8. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using BANS V3.0 without any issues. If you buy now, the current version should be bug free.

mcmuney, May 14, 2008 IP
  9. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    PHPBay Pro is highly recommended and you can never go wrong with it based on my experience. You can try the free version which is the PhpBay Lite. I have the free version when I was just starting my site and later on upgraded to PHPBay Pro and everything is great.

Here's the site link of the PHPBay Pro site http://www.phpbay.com/.

sakto, May 14, 2008 IP
  10. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To reiterate, don't spend any money on these solutions until you have been accepted into the Ebay Publishers' Network, otherwise you're stuffed. I agree $97 is not much to pay for BANS, but it might be a good idea to experiment with some of the free solutions out there (like mine ;) ) to get the hang of things before you commit to something like BANS.

markowe, May 15, 2008 IP
  11. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    markowe is right, do not buy any of these script unless you are an affiliate for EPN already.

I am goin to be honest with you that, you can find free script (like what markowe) to set up an eBay affiliate websites. however, you are not going to receive documentation and supports like you will receive from BANS vendor because you are not a paying customer.

If you are techcie, i say go for the free path. If u are a non-techcie who values time more than money,then get a solution like phpBay pro or BANS. These tools when used right will generate lucrative ROI for you.

In my little blog below you will find information on PhpBay Pro and BANS, if you need helps feel free to PM me !

cylai, May 15, 2008 IP
  12. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    Spend the $97 and buy BANS. I am not a programmer or any where close, but what you can do with BANS is pretty amazing considering the amount of changes and additions that you can do with it. Check out my signature (shameless plug). It is flexible and I have always gotten great support from the BANS forum and the BANS support folks. I know that I have a resource if there are questions, bugs, or mods that I want to make. It is well worth the investment.

Brent S, May 15, 2008 IP
  13. beyondelectricdreams

beyondelectricdreams Peon

Best Answers:
    BANS is a great piece of software, but $97 is a little steep if you're just starting out.

You could alternatively just get a template from freecsstemplates.org and use the link generator from the EPN tools to throw together a very nice and professional looking site. Additionally your site will be different from the thousands of already existing BANS stores on the web.

Start with a free alternative and start to build traffic and make money from EPN before considering an investment in an automated software.

beyondelectricdreams, May 15, 2008 IP
  14. triplex

triplex Peon

Best Answers:
    triplex, May 15, 2008 IP
  15. j.blu

j.blu Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you're already registered with EPN...you almost can't go wrong with BANS. If you seriously plan on working EPN as an affiliate, perhaps you should consider investing in your business with a good program to start, and I have had great results with BANS.

If you're not too sure, though, maybe you should wad in the shallow water with a cheaper or free program.

j.blu, May 15, 2008 IP
  16. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Strange thread. No BANS bashers have shown up yet. I agree, BANS is a great value for the money for someone who knows how to do seo and internet marketing, and, more importantly, actually applies what they know to BANS sites.

potentmix, May 15, 2008 IP