1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hoyl sh*t yesterday was low

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by hdpt00, Apr 2, 2006.

1. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine is same. I switched a couple sites back to adsense and lo and behold I have 3 times as many clicks. Really strange, but it leads me to believe they are having some issues they are not talking about in their reporting system with some publishers.

TheNetCode, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  2. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats why its called beta.... we get the good and the bad unfortunately...

xboxundone, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  3. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree and this is why you keep both ad serving companies around to offset the other when one does this.

TheNetCode, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  4. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to pull my two biggest sites from YPN for the ads just made no sense and the revenue was dropping like a rock. Still have four smaller sites with YPN and will see how they do. On Adsense the two larger sites now get 2 to 3 times as many clicks but also for less money per click but it is still better than what had happened with YPN. I sure hope they fix their targeting problem for last month it was great.

Wiley, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  5. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't a problem with their ad targeting, it's the fact that they most likely don't have any advertisers for those specific keywords.

You have to remember that YPN is US-based, and consequently they don't have nearly as many advertisers as AdSense.

S2X, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  6. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    This is a big key that many people forget! :) as you can have a great program and no advertisers does NO good... Lots of advertisers a good program is GOOD :)

xboxundone, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to a point, but the ad targeting is supposed to allow us to place fillers into our ad slots and this has not been working for some of us. They say it is a glitch and should be fixed soon, however, this has been like this a week and until they fix the issue I as well as others have to take a step to stem the losses until they fix that issue. I dropped 90% yesterday on my YPN revenue. Now when checking overture for advertisers in my keywords they still show a large amount for each of my areas and the bids show very little difference, but I have a feeling that some clicks may not always be getting credited. I have two large sites still with them and will continue to see how they go for the time being. Today started out well so far and I am allready past all of yesterdays earnings at only 5 hours into it so maybe they have the issue fixed and I will gladly switch some more sites back to them, but not until I know they are fixed. This is of course part of beta testing and a defenite reason for having back up ad programs for your sites so that you can make these adjustments when needed until the programs smooth over.

TheNetCode, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not seeing the same results you are. I would hardly call this a case of a screwed up beta. Perpahs you should take this as a message that you are likely not doing something correct.

If it is not working for you, make some adjustments till it does.

Mia, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  9. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    I agree completely. I run Yahoo while its good if the earnings arent good.. switcharoo to google then will try it again later that day or next day and if good i stick with Yahoo... I think the peoples frustration as so i mine and many others is we would like to just let it run like we can with adsense ... but when the money is good it IS GOOD :)

10. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    100% true. This last week has been frustrating for many of us so there are many in this boat and feeling this pain. We all hope they realize and fix it soon.

11. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, it's not that easy for me to swtich easily from ypn to adsense and back to ypn again. Although i am using php includes for some sites, but sometimes don't you think you might screwed up somewhere and displaying adsense and ypn on the same page. This is just fear for me.

Also, it takes time for adsense to pick back the url for proper ad targeting.

keikor, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  12. frankybme

frankybme Peon

Best Answers:
    I would really love to know the resaon behind this, almost as much as getting money back. But i havent post much lately becouse, i have just been working on more sites and such and i hate to cry over spilled milk.

But after like 2 updates ago when so many people were reporting over 100% loses and such, i wake up this morining to back to full speed again. Same sites , about same traffic. I will have to see if this holds up or its a one shot deal.

frankybme, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  13. Panchovilla

Panchovilla Peon

Best Answers:
    with 130 clicks im getting $300, yahoo seems fine for me :)

Panchovilla, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  14. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    NICE :) care to share url :D

15. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL now you know that if he is smart he wont. Congrats on things working out for you.

As for switching back and forth I have my sites set up with an advertise php page that when changed they easily switch the ads on all pages. This is the only spot that I keep ads in so it is kind of impossible to be running both ad systems at the same time.

16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Just be careful. Have someone check your work, and of course, grep for "google" to be sure.

Really, I have never seen this problem?

Mia, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  17. willmullis

willmullis Peon

Best Answers:
    TNC,

You can easily set up a random script in php that rotates between the two.

willmullis, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  18. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    Keikor,

Check your ads and see if they are properly targeted to your site. I had to pull three sites for in the last two weeks the YPN targeting just did not make sense. I have a travel site and the ads were for doctors, attorneys and plumbers. My CTR just dropped like a rock.

Wiley, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  19. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have one that you can recommend. I would not mind running that and seeing how it goes for me.

Thanks

20. VISTREL

VISTREL Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday was good...10 clicks compared to average of 2 :rolleyes: :eek:

VISTREL, Apr 5, 2006 IP