1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get a on going income?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by .Seth, May 11, 2008.

Hello everyone,

As I will be entering University soon, fees', books, payments, etc... will be over my head soon, and I tend not to go for loans in my case. I would like some idea's in how to have a set amount of income per month, about $2000-$3000 / month, if even more would be better please. :) I know it's not easy, but I will do whatever I can to reach that amount. I would like to know methods, etc..

This is about my whole future, so please be serious, as I am taking every comment, idea, and anything else seriously and heavily.

Thanks.

.Seth, May 11, 2008 IP
  2. jswenson

jswenson Peon

Best Answers:
    It would quite literally take me a month to write everything I know down. It's not something you can just explain to someone in a post here.

jswenson, May 11, 2008 IP
  3. .Seth

.Seth Banned

Best Answers:
    Honestly speaking, I just need idea's, anything literally.

.Seth, May 11, 2008 IP
  4. Contrarian

Contrarian Guest

Best Answers:
    start something that correlates with your major

Contrarian, May 11, 2008 IP
  5. Ikaruga

Ikaruga Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you realistically want to make 2-3k a month, look into doing online affiliate marketing.

Or...(see sig) :D

Ikaruga, May 11, 2008 IP
  6. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong.

If you want TRUE long time money, and recurring revenue,..Find a niche, and develop a membership site.

Since you obviously do not have any money, that means you are going to have to invest time. Lots of it. But if you truly want to make it. That's the deal. Why a membership site? People 50-75% (depending on the site) rebill. So you can expect that a good chunk of your money will continue with general upkeep.

With affiliate marketing... once your adwords campaign money dies, or you are not doing your SEO tweaking, twittering, spamming, link building, whatever... your sales can drop off. If you are completely SEO SERPS Dependant, a simple shift in G's algorithm, or hiccup and you're hurting.

With membership sites, typically it takes YEARS of neglect. I have a site I have not updated in 2-3 years, and STILL make 250-300 a month off of it with no updates, or advertising.

It's not to say affiliate stuff can't be lucrative. But it's a difference in building rich, or wealth.

2 cents.

Barefootsies, May 11, 2008 IP
  7. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Making money online is a long time process...

seo4china, May 11, 2008 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can sell you thing at ebay

mentos, May 12, 2008 IP
  9. .Seth

.Seth Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input everyone. I would like more ideas.

.Seth, May 12, 2008 IP
  10. Joomla Dude

Joomla Dude Banned

Best Answers:
    You can start some adult websites or get into some hardcore affiliate business. As fasr as my knowledge is concerned,an adult website would be great for you.
    Just get it done,then buy some traffic and then load it with heavy ads. Thats it..
    Sit back and check $$ in your account..
    If you need an adult website done,then PM me..

Joomla Dude, May 12, 2008 IP
  11. .Seth

.Seth Banned

Best Answers:
    There is just one thing though, I can't use Adsense as they banned me for a very pathetic reason.

And I do not know many hosts who allow adult content on their servers.. so give me a point there.

And you are willing to set-up a adult site for me?

.Seth, May 12, 2008 IP
  12. countolaf

countolaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow i think we're in the same situation... but a lil diffrent because my mom and dad are gonna pay fees so me i just make money for the sake of myself..

yeah adult sites are really hit these days but then for me i find a lil risky.. so i go for maybe freelancing or pay per lead programs..

countolaf, May 12, 2008 IP
  13. .Seth

.Seth Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, well, my parents were going to pay for my fees', bt now they said they will not. So, I have to find ways to make money.

.Seth, May 12, 2008 IP
  14. cabalist

cabalist Member

Best Answers:
    making 2-3k a month is definitely achievable. but it is a long term thing which cannot be achieved overnight. affiliate marketing is definitely one of the solutions to earning that amount. ebay and targetting niches are also some ways to earn easy cash.
    for me, if you want to earn that amount of money in a short amount of time, i suggest you go blackhat with adsense. i know of some people who are able to earn that amount of money.
    but still, i do not recommend going blackhat since you might have a risk of getting your account banned. =/

cabalist, May 12, 2008 IP
  15. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hard work

But keap in mind that Internet is not constant ...

w3bmaster, May 12, 2008 IP
  16. shermancox

shermancox Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know what you major is going to be...find a niche that is related to it...here you will be able to use your classwork as some of the articles. I did this with my own website. I would suggest that you "blog" your schoolwork in some way...

As far as 2-3K a month very quickly...that is gonna be hard...

shermancox, May 12, 2008 IP
  17. motonyvated

motonyvated Peon

Best Answers:
    You can combine affiliate marketing with online freelance writing. You have to work hard at them though.

motonyvated, May 12, 2008 IP
  18. mudguts

mudguts Peon

Best Answers:
    I did a couple of things to earn cash at school. One involved a truck and being a demolition guy who hauled stffto the dump. It was easy as school let me have those large gaps in between classes.
    Another may be to solicit the local "talent" and start an online strip poker / webcam site.
    you hold the camera. Get the girls to play and you pay out a commish.

When you get it going...... Let this ok dirty bastard know.

Or. Build a facebook app and put ads on it.
    Good luck

mudguts, May 12, 2008 IP
  19. randomcloak

randomcloak Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of thinking about how to make the money, might I suggest how you can save yourself from spending money on the books and tuition.

If you are ambitious enough, there are scholarships out there for higher education. Submit an essay. I find it hard to believe that loans would be impossible to obtain. If you live in the United States and support yourself with no financial help from parents and such, the government should give you grants and loans at a fairly reasonable rate. There are also work study programs you can apply for.

You can always communicate with your professors before the semester starts and inquire about what books are necessary readings. Purchase them cheap online. Also in most cases, the professors leave copies of the readings in the university's library. You might have even have to buy the book. Some professors just test from lectures and hardly use the book.

Trying to make money off the internet would probably require just as much time as having 2 separate jobs. Getting to 2k -3k a month is no easy task. Many people on this forum have probably been at it for more than a year and still not come close to those amounts.

If you have a really strong network of friends, perhaps you can introduce some products to them and get referrals by them purchasing products through you.

randomcloak, May 13, 2008 IP
  20. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you need 3K per month, that is $36 000 per year which not many people make that amount off the net.

Just get a really good idea and develop it is a new and innovative way that no one has done before.

GameOver, May 13, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.