1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is better between seomoz ($49) and seobook ($100) per month?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sxperm, May 11, 2008.

I'm interesting for both of them as resource for my search engine optimization. I'm considering 2 between seomoz premium member for $49 a month and seobook training course for $100 a month. Which one is better and worth to pay for? Even I don't like Aaron wall as trashed out his seobook and left his customer behind (Yeah I am the one of them) but I think his training may have some good worth $100 a month. :)

Sxperm, May 11, 2008 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if i'm you,i will chose both..

mentos, May 11, 2008 IP
  3. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that I trashed out and left my customers behind...I changed business models because the last one stopped being sustainable and I feel interactivity is a big part of learning...I simply can not teach 10's of thousands of people all at the same time...I was doing so much email a day that it was starting to be about all I had time to do.

I offered any of my customers who subscribed to updates a free trial. Hundreds of customers said yes...though many did not.

awall19, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    What do you mean?

mcfox, May 13, 2008 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't get any notice about free trial. The latest message I had from you is the survey and I completed it. It may be my fault that I missed some email but I do check this mail everyday.

I'm going to say that you never give any privileges to your old customer but since you said you offered free trial, I have to re-check it again.

However, if you feel like what you said, why you discontinued update SEOBook? you can do both business and has unnecessary to stop update ebook, which you promised given lifetime update to your customer. Unless you want to force everyone to get in your new business model with $100 a month. You never ever mentioned on discount/free trial for previous customer before until I see it here.

Aaron, your book is really great and worth every cents. You are the real person in SEO industry. I have no doubt about it. I also believe your course may worth $100 a month either. Only thing that annoy in my mind is - You discontinued update SEOBook, which you promised for lifetime update. You have your word and you cannot keep it. There are two things different between smart and ethical. That's it.

Sxperm, May 13, 2008 IP
  6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not one of his customers, and I really don't know him, but from a business standpoint, I'm sure that Aaron meant "the lifetime of the book" - not his lifetime. It wouldn't surprise me therefore that the life of Aaron's book has run its course, and that the time has indeed come for it to come to an end (as they say, ALL things must come to an end).

After all, would you want to keep asking for updates and support for a book that was written by an author who spent so much time replying to emails that he wasn't able to update the core of his business? I know I wouldn't if it meant that the quality of the core product went down the tube.

Dan Schulz, May 13, 2008 IP
  7. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i won't choose both of 'em

hillord, May 13, 2008 IP
  8. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used them both. I like the forums at SEObook but prefer the tools over at SEOmoz

Depends what you want to get out with it i guess. Tools or speaking directly with experts?

Glen, May 14, 2008 IP
  9. BlogSalesman

BlogSalesman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read the 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris (if you haven't already). I learned so much from that book, and it sounds like (from the email comment) that you should implement some of his principles (if you haven't already).

I know being available and communicative to the customer is important, but having a life is even more important.

BlogSalesman, May 14, 2008 IP
  10. Michellylei

Michellylei Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to subscribe but seobook is full. and i do not have credit card for seomoz. i have paypal.

can you guys share your login to me and i just read, i can pay you by paypal.

any other good seo resouce to subscribe?

Michellylei, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a PayPal debit card or use the debit card issued by your bank (as long as it has the Mastercard or VISA logo on it). Can't get one? Go to Walmart and get a pre-paid VISA debit card.

Dan Schulz, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  12. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reasonable conclusion:

Aaron can not be in all places at once ... but at the same time it would probably profit everyone for him to get a team in place that he could trust. The word "scalable" comes to mind. :)

I read a book called Ready, Fire, Aim. It was powerful and made sense, even though the things outlined there are not your normal ideas about business.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Blue Star Ent., Oct 9, 2009 IP
  13. Michellylei

Michellylei Active Member

Best Answers:
    i from china, can i get the pre-paid VISA debit card by pay someone by paypal?

debit card is supported to subscribe seomoz PRO member?

Michellylei, Oct 14, 2009 IP